The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JC 13 Shore excursions
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:11 pm 

Any one booked any? Where are you going to?

Post subject: Re: JC 13 Shore excursions
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:52 pm 

67 views and no answers, looks like we all sleep during the stops! ;) :)

(my advice, if you do intend to go ashore, is to do so in Roatan)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:53 pm 

Ya I called the hotline, they said an email will be flying out soon (the great soon in the sky) to let us know its sign up time, so whatever. Just using the google machine it looks like some snorkeling in Roatan and tome Mayan ruins in Costa Maya. Sounds perfect to me. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:26 am 

If you're not setting something up yourself with a local person/company, then just hang tight.

The excursions that Jam Cruise offers are typically snorkeling and sightseeing kind of things cruise lines always offer, but some of ours include guest artists and stuff. You don't sign up for those excursions until you get on board.

Then there are the Positive Legacy excursions, that generally involve some type of service aspect (cleaning up beaches, planting trees, etc) with lunch and entertainment by locals and artists we bring on shore. These are usually AWESOME (IMHO/YMMV) and I would highly recommend trying one out. They will be announced pre-cruise and you will be able to sign up/pay for those excursions pre-cruise as well.

Or you can set something up yourself with a local person/company, as I mentioned... or you can just disembark and wander, see what peaks your interest :D lots of options!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:27 am 

so I would wait on signing up for anything that you have to pre-pay for. Many people sign up, only to miss it, for many reasons, like the stayed up all night or the ship is running late. If you just go to the meeting spot, you will be able to do whatever excursion you want.

Jamcruise is many different things to many people. My best advise is for ya to find your groove. For us we play hard and long on the boat, so the ports are a time for us to catch up on rest, yes we get off at the ports, but its to get a taste of the local culture, find a beach and chill/eat/drink/nap and find a gift for our house/pet sitter.

some ports are much more fun then others, this year we are in luck as we LOVE both ports! Rent a cruiser bicycle in costa maya, trust me on this.

The best thing is that no matter what you do, it will be awesome!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:00 pm 

LIRR wrote:
so I would wait on signing up for anything that you have to pre-pay for. Many people sign up, only to miss it, for many reasons, like the stayed up all night or the ship is running late

If the ship is running late I'm pretty sure you will get refunded in full. Staying up all night isn't an excuse to miss your shore excursion! 8) You have like less than 12 hours from dock to sail away to explore an awesome, tropical destination far away from your home, with the best people in the world (Jam Cruisers and the Musicians). The first year on Roatan we were all supposed to return on the bus to the other side of the island with the same people we came with apparently. I missed that part on the ride over. When I didn't show up because I was having too much fun with my fellow Jam Cruisers the guys in Lotus came to find me to make sure I didn't get stranded there...great musicians and class acts!

Now I'm hiding in Honduras
I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns and money
The shit has hit the fan

Pumped for this year's cruise after sitting out last year...lucky #7 for me and I turn 40 New Years Day. Couldn't think of a better place to celebrate Jamuary than with all of you!