The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Lineup - whaddayathink?
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:17 am 

Bruce wrote:
Surprised no Dumpsta ? Particularly since they are doing Zeppelin sets !

Example on Music Archive:

Dumpstaphunk Live at Daze on the Green @ Sculpture Park on 2014-04-19 (April 19, 2014)
https://archive.org/details/dumpstaphunk2014-04-19.fob.naiantx-o.kindrec

I CAN'T attend this year again. I got 99 problems but a Lineup ain't one. :P

Dang... I've always wanted to see Dragon Smoke. errrr

Have fun freaks.

I wasn't that surprised actually, Ivan & Nikki are both on with other bands, and Dumpsta only had one set on the ship last year (and a 2am one at that).

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:18 pm 

How has nobody brought up how awesome it is to have Charles Bradley on the boat?! As far as the Pretty Lights hate goes, I suggest you watch this short documentary on the making of his latest album and the recording process he went through with members of Lettuce and Preservation Hall Jazz Band. Both of which are on JC this year to sit in with his full band experience.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpcs0Caq9A0[/youtube]

Add in my favorite band, Umphrey's Mcgee, my favorite guitar player in Tim Palmieri with Kung Fu, and the band who I think is the most talented band on the planet, Snarky Puppy, and this is going to be an insane party! I didn't even scratch the surface of how awesome this lineup really is in my opinion

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:06 pm 

Ok... so I figured it's time to get familiar with lineup bands I don't really know - like Snarky Puppy. For the uninitiated as I am, I gotta say I can't wait after listening to this show they did in March of this year at the Java Jazz Fest in Indonesia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gu8q_fJeVU

just "wow"...

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:34 am 

Late to the Party wrote:
Ok... so I figured it's time to get familiar with lineup bands I don't really know - like Snarky Puppy. For the uninitiated as I am, I gotta say I can't wait after listening to this show they did in March of this year at the Java Jazz Fest in Indonesia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gu8q_fJeVU

just "wow"...

Welcome to the unbelievableness that is Snarky Puppy! They blow my mind every time I see em and every time they put out a new video. Like I said in my post above, I think they are the best/tightest band touring in the world right now.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:42 pm 

I think it's time for some fresh blood. I had been getting sick of the same old crew,as much as I love all those bands we don't have to have them every time. I'm looking forward to finding new music and meeting some new people.

I have a friend that HATES electronic music,for some reason he went to Pretty lights in new Orleans and was raving about it. One of the best shows he's seen in a while. I missed it but I think you all be pretty content after seeing Pretty Lights. We're going to have a state of the art light show for the first time.It alone will knock your socks off.

Next year Tipper would be nice.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:00 am 

I had always enjoyed Pretty Light's music and had seen him a couple of times and never really thought anything of it. I recently saw the full band show...holy shit was it nuts. One of the better live acts I've seen. The band is so tight and it adds a different dimension as opposed to just being a producer, the music has depth and is still very dance-able.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 3:12 pm 

The above is making me even more excited. :) Now, does anyone have any tips on how to dance all night without destroying your knees?

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:24 pm 

See your Dr. & get some Lidoderm patches for the knees. You'll look a little funny with white patches on your knees, but they'll feel great.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:57 pm 

LIRR wrote:
we just wanna thank you!!! it's you that brings us back each year,,,it's you that we wanna see and spend time with,,,it's you we haven't met yet that will be a highlight!

to us the real line up is finding out which lifers/repeat offenders are on the boat!

Very true, jamcruisers have been some of the most BADASS people I have had the pleasure hanging with.....you all are the ones who make this boat rock

as far as lineup goes we could use a world/reggae, another grass and a couple of professional dj's.