The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: the most magical music place ever
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:15 am 

it used to be the jamroom, from jamcruise 4- jamcruise 7 {i think on 8 started the hosts}.

when i first discovered the magic of the jamroom, there were NO HOSTS. so no one knew who would be there, sometimes it got crazy, sometimes it took a little more time then we were used to before the musicians in the jamroom found that magical place, as they might not of even known the others that were sharing the stage, but when they did find that place, it was unlike any other place i've been w/ music!

it was this way for years, heck we lived above the jamroom just for that reason {loved the time it started back up after ending,,the bluegrass jam}. granted waiting for them to get to that place took time, i guess this is how/why the "HOST" idea came to be. at first i was SO DOWN for it,,,,i thought of it this way,,,,,"it's like being on a 6lane highway", where there is some order but room to move.

well after a few years of the "HOSTS", i found the jamroom went to that magical place less often. i found that because of the "HOSTS", you didn't get musicians that didn't know each other playing together as much, as only friends of the host would show up. it just turned into a "superjam" the kind we hear a lot.

i miss the OLD JAM ROOM! i miss the random players that would show up. i miss walking out of the jamroom and the sun already up!

PLEASE NO MORE JAMROOM HOSTS

Post subject: Re: the most magical music place ever
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:39 am 

I agree with this. I loved that before it felt like anything could happen. Now musicians wait for an invite from the host. Seems like it's just giving an extra set to the hosts band. Also, it is for sure that the show has been ending much much earlier than it used to. Both in the jam room and the disco. I feel like there is supposed to be music as long as someone is willing to play.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:07 pm 

Hillary wrote:
I feel like there is supposed to be music as long as someone is willing to play.

PLEASE!!!! This is very important.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:32 pm 

The main disappointment last year was getting to the jamroom and it closing down then going to the disco and making the walk for nothing....Last year I wanted the start times to start later and that they did but the end times were way too early and that would be a good thing to work on this year.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:21 am 

You know what would be great? If they had live feed stations set up outside the venues with a live feed to the other stages. That way you could see if it was going on before going all the way there. It really would have saved a lot of time going back and forth this year just to find out that there was nothing going on.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:20 am 

I haven't been on in a while and only saw the hosted jam rooms once, but yes: even that first year I was missing the more free-flowing sessions from the past.

Bob Marley

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:34 am 

Hillary wrote:
You know what would be great? If they had live feed stations set up outside the venues with a live feed to the other stages. That way you could see if it was going on before going all the way there. It really would have saved a lot of time going back and forth this year just to find out that there was nothing going on.

:CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:

best idea we've seen in years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:20 pm 

Hillary wrote:
You know what would be great? If they had live feed stations set up outside the venues with a live feed to the other stages.
:CLAP: :DANCE: :CLAP: :DANCE: Hillary, you are a ridiculously brilliant and awesome woman!! (and you know a thing or two about how to Jamcruise)

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:22 pm 

It would seriously cost nothing to make it happen.

I was reading the JC email I got today and it says

"get ready for around the clock music"

all bolded like that. I'm throwing all of my positive thoughts at this one and believe that they will give us later music this time. They love us and want us to be happy.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:22 am 

Hillary wrote:
It would seriously cost nothing to make it happen.

I was reading the JC email I got today and it says

"get ready for around the clock music"

all bolded like that. I'm throwing all of my positive thoughts at this one and believe that they will give us later music this time. They love us and want us to be happy.

I'm holding out hope that the powers that be will use the monitors to view the other venues,,,for a few reasons,,,,Hillary is right, the cost would be minimum & because they do listen to us,,,just take for example the "get ready for around the clock music", they changed that from the one of "practically til sunrise",,,,

it broke my heart to hear a musician say "i wanted to keep going, but the jamroom sound guy is the one who said we done".

it takes a village to raise a jamcruise!