6-Yellow 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
7-Brown 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
8-White 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
9-Black 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
10-Tye-dyed 38%  38%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 39
 Post subject: 1-color theme for JC13 poll "revised"
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:00 am 

here are the results from the 1st poll,,we had to add "tye-dye" as there is a JG tribute & its sounds like a great idea

1-Orange "orange you happy to be on jamcruise" 36% 36% [ 8 ] x
2-Silver "Every boat has a silver lining" 9% 9% [ 2 ] x
3-Red "Jam Cruise is red hot" 18% 18% [ 4 ]
4-Gold "as good as gold jamcruise is" 14% 14% [ 3 ]
5-Pink 5% 5% [ 1 ]
6-Yellow 0% 0% [ 0 ]
7-Brown 0% 0% [ 0 ]
8-White 5% 5% [ 1 ]
9-Black 14% 14% [ 3 ]

Post subject: Re: 1-color theme for JC13 poll "revised"
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:01 pm 

looks like they went with "metallic" as the color? or do you think they'll do a color in addition to the metallic theme? :THINK: :THINK:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:38 pm 

Their facebook says

"We've done colors in the past for theme nights. Now it's time for a bit of a funky variation on that. Get ready to shine on #JamCruise13 during Metallic Night! http://www.jamcruise.com/theme-night"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:31 am 

well, it fits into the 1-color idea, i don't think they'll pick a color theme, which is to bad, as i don't think this theme as fun as it is and i cant wait to make a costume for it, will get the MASSES to join in,,,,picking a color like say red,,,hands down gets the masses to join, we've seen it over the past few years. I still feel that a 1-color theme on the boat was the greatest theme, seeing the boat change into a color be it green/blue or purple, was just plain AWESOME,,,like most in charge, they mess with the thing that works best!

i make "themes" each and every week with our "HAPPY THURSDAY" ride which gets anywhere from 20 to 200riders and hands down the 1-color theme gets the masses to dress It's why i came up with the 1-color theme for jam cruise in the 1st place

i do like the metallic theme a lot and will do it on our bicycle ride,,,but it will never reach the amt of people dressing in it as a plain and simple 1color

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:28 pm 

Color nights are the best. My brain just seeks out all the purples and they stand out really clear. The whole ship becomes very surreal.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:11 pm 

I'm going to participate, but I think it would have been better to pick a metal (silver, gold, whatever) than just say "metallic". Metallic could be anything. Metallic blue... Metallic pink... Metallica.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:03 am 

look, its like this,,,,,i came up with the 1-color theme and pushed hard for it for about 3-4years before jamcruise did it. I pushed so hard for it {people here even sent me messages saying they get it, take it easy, but it still took years} , but i pushed hard for it because while the people here on this forum all love jamcruise and love to costume, i did it for the avg person, who does not costume ever, who doesn't belong to the forum.

after costuming up once a week for years, w/ a group size of 50-1,000, i've seen what works and what doesn't. the 1st time a 1-color theme came up in boudler was 2004 when bush was re-elected, on the happy thursday ride we had a theme of "black" as we were in morning over 4more bush years, but what came from that was how many people dressed in black, so we tried another color a few weeks later and again were blown away by the amt of people dressing up.

then when jamcruise finally ran with my idea of "going green" {which was the color i pushed for} it was hands down the most participated theme EVER. you see people could just put on a green tee-shirt or wear a green hat, it was the easiest theme EVER and because of that, the MASSES joined in. this repeated for the next 2 years w/ blue and purple, only it got better, as cruisers started to wear the color of the day in the morning w/ basic dress, then dressed in color costume at nite, it was AWESOME to see the boat slowly fade into the color of the day.

hands down, the 3 best most participated themes from jamcruise from when themes started are the 3x's 1-color has been done.

i have tried and tested sooooooooooooooooo many themes over the years, all with different results, once a week for 14years is a lot of themes, then put into the mix that we costume a TON in NOLA at music fests and i been a part of well over 800 themes

proof of what i say will be seen this year on the boat, while the metallic theme is truly AWESOME, it won't get the masses, not even close, remember what we read here and on FB is just a very small % of cruisers and these ones love to costume.

understand i even caught grief from regular posters here that only "certain colors would work", which has been proven wrong over the past 3years,,,,any color would work.

i know people take my posts the wrong way alot and i'm looked upon as something that i am not.{heck even the people at jamcruise like annebel, who knew i came up with the 1-color theme, said this the 1st year "leave it to the staff at jamcruise to come up w/ a great theme idea like green", she coulda said a cruiser came up with it, but i am truly not respected [by most, not all] and will never get credit for anything i do or bring to the table, like the "guest chefs", which i came up with years ago and had people tell me it would never happen, only to have jamcruise do it years later,,{insert Rodney Dangerfield quote here},, but i know i'm right on this

jamcruise shoulda just stuck with the 1-color theme, as there are many colors to pick from and i bet they will go back to it,,why,,,because its AWESOME to see so many people dress up! and only a 1-color theme can make that happen

Last edited by LIRR on Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:26 am 

Tye-Dyed Metallica T-Shirt.......Thanks for the idea Hillary

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:50 am 

collins wrote:

there are always exceptions to the rules,,,,,

tye-dyed would work as a theme that got the MASSES to join in

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:16 pm 

collins wrote:

:mrgreen:

LIRR, you don't have to sell us...we get it. We love the one color theme. It's great because it's so inclusive. And we all know it was your idea. We don't give these ideas just to be recognized though, do we?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:10 pm 

Hillary wrote:
collins wrote:

:mrgreen:

LIRR, you don't have to sell us...we get it. We love the one color theme. It's great because it's so inclusive. And we all know it was your idea. We don't give these ideas just to be recognized though, do we?

Respect and being recognized are 2 different things

no i don't,,it's why i said Annebel could of said a "cruiser", not my name,{jamcruise took the credit for something they didn't come up with, that was FULL DISRESPECT, they shouldn't of said they came up with it and just said nothing},its why i still post ideas, like VIKING{and have for years}, i know i wont be recognized, but i do it cause i love jam cruise and i come up with fun stuff

btw Hillary, how did it feel to be recognized by "camp barefoot". I'll bet the farm it felt nice,,i'll bet it felt nice to come up with great fun ideas that they used and i bet it felt great that after years they gave ya the theme ball to run with,,i'll bet just like me you didn't do any of it to be recognized, but because its in you......there's one difference, you're respected and i'm a joke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:36 pm 

I definitely don't think you're a joke, Ritchie. I think you're great. And like I said, I think that you have great ideas and I think that the themes that you push for always turn out well. Let me explain what I meant a little better.

The reason that I said that you don't have to sell us is because we already know that it was your idea. We all appreciate it and have made sure to express how good an idea we think it is. I feel like I try and support you with other themes as well...Vikings, for instance. And not because I'm trying to make you feel good about it, but because I really think it's a great theme.

I do understand the difference between recognition and respect. I agree that it feels great to have something that you work and fight for be taken on and loved by others. Barefoot is a great example. Here's the difference: the people at Barefoot have always done a great job recognizing my efforts. I don't feel like Annabelle does a really great job in recognizing and giving respect. It's too bad, but it is what it is. I think you should give up on expecting it from her because it likely isn't going to happen. I hope that you know that we are all really grateful for your ideas. I don't want you to have hurt feelings about what I said. But I REALLY don't want you to have hurt feelings about a lack of recognition from Annabelle. The people who really matter on that boat are the ones who pay to be there year after year. And they all love your theme.

Hugs.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:22 pm 

WOW Hillary, that was the nicest, most well thought out thing i've read in a long time,,,,you helped bring me up on a really down time! much love and respect to you!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:36 pm 

Back to you, Ritchie. You just have to keep looking for the bright side. <3