The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Making Better Use of the Bigger Ship
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:18 am 

Hi everybody,

Last night at the Headcount 10th Anniversary Ratdog Brooklyn Bowl extravaganza, a conversation started brewing among some Jamcruise veterans about our beautiful new MSC cruise ship that Jamcruise was held on this year, and will again be on board next year.

I wanted to open this discussion up to the whole Jamcruise forum family and see if we could all brainstorm together to help give Cloud 9 some ideas on how we can make better use of the larger ship. There are so many more little spots and nooks that could better utilized for more places for magic to happen.

Examples:
  • The Jazz Club - The repeat offender party was here, as well as a few other events like Stanley Jordan solo performance, but most of the time it was empty and unused, could we do more in this space ?
  • The restaurant that looks out over the back deck - I don't know if this room was used for dinner at all but what a view that room has, it would be great to take over that room as a music room if we are not using it for meals.
  • The Jamroom - Here I have a request for folks involved with the Masters Camp at Sea. The only thing that I felt was missing from the Masters Camp at Sea program was a chance for participants to apply what they just learned. We all did get a chance to jam with Victor Wooten, Butch Trucks, Col Bruce, Kofi, and the Dickinson Brothers, but I would have liked more time to just open jam with the other students in the program, but when we finished classes each day, the room had to be cleaned up to setup the room for the disco, so I'd love an alternate place for Masters Camp at Sea folks to be able to jam with each other and why not open up the jamroom for that purpose since it was mostly unused during the daytime hours.

These are just a few ideas to start with, but lets hear your thoughts and your ideas...

ManzellaPhotography.com

Post subject: Re: Making Better Use of the Bigger Ship
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:05 pm 

I think that little 'italian courtyard' type place would be fun for passenger jams. The one that had the little shops around it and coffee. I think it was up front somewhere. Big Ship is an understatement. :THINK:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:44 pm 

I would really like to see the pool area at the back of the ship used as a late night spot. It has a bar and would be a fun late night/ early morning spot to enjoy music

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:49 pm 

I think they should only use the disco for Master's Camp. They should use the unused restaurant at the back of the ship for the disco and then we could have sunrise from the back of the disco just like we used to. I think it's a perfect solution for a variety of issues that we had last year.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:42 pm 

Hillary wrote:
I think they should only use the disco for Master's Camp. They should use the unused restaurant at the back of the ship for the disco and then we could have sunrise from the back of the disco just like we used to. I think it's a perfect solution for a variety of issues that we had last year.

BAM

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:20 pm 

We need another big venue. The disco is a big venue. It would be nice to have bands play there.
The DJ's that play there never fill the room a tight as the Jam room.
I like the idea of moving the DJ's to the restaurant at the back of the boat as Hillary suggested. That frees up the disco for more use.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:19 pm 

are we talking about the same place? the disco was tiny?