The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: diving in cozumel
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:53 pm 

Greetings fellow jamcruisers!

i'm so SO superpsyched for this year's cruise - in part because of the 2 stops we'll be making in Belize and Cozumel.

Amy and I were in Cozumel 2 years ago, and spent 3 days diving with a local dive operator, Alejandro. Solid operation with great gear and service. Prices are more than fair at $85 USD for a 2 tank dive.

We'll definitely be going out diving with him again during our stop on Jan 9. He'll pick us up and drop us off right there at the ferry terminal in his truck.

If there are other certified divers interesting in joining, we'd love to have you.
list yourself here, and i'll make it happen.

riley

Post subject: Re: diving in cozumel
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:21 pm 

Do you have more info on the dive operator, such as a web site? How much are equipment rentals? We've taken 4 trips to Cozumel and have been diving with Dive with Martin every time. They've been great to work with, but we really like the free equipment rentals (everything but computer and wetsuit). It's normally $95 for a single day two-tank dive, but since they primarily cater to people staying on the island, a boat can be reserved for $100/person with 4 people. Their shop is right on the cruise dock so it's easy to get to.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:18 pm 

I'm in the process of reserving a dive boat in Cozumel. It looks like we have the four people necessary to reserve the boat, but may have room for 2-4 more certified divers. If anyone is interested, the easiest way is to join the facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1551795265112555/. PM me if you're interested but not on facebook. Anybody who would like to dive but isn't certified is also welcome to join the facebook group but you'll need to contact the dive shop on your own to sign up for the resort course. Woohoo!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:17 pm 

I just jumped on the boat. What is the status on the Cozumel diving? I wanna blow bubbles!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:32 pm 

As of now it looks like we have 9 people so we'll likely get a 12-person boat. Join the facebook discussion or post here if you're not on facebook. There's also been some interest in Belize diving.