The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JC Virgin Coming Aboard!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:44 am 

Hey Everybody!

My name is Geena and I am a JC virgin looking to pop her cherry with some experienced people!
I met Paul in VA a few weeks back at a Turkuaz show and he suggested I post here to get acquainted with JC peoples. I've been perusing this forum and the information posted here has been really valuable in properly preparing for this great adventure!
I've wanted to go on JC for many years and it's finally happening!!! I've never been out of the country either so it's nice that this is working out the way it is. I'm really excited to see Trombone Shorty, Galactic, and the Infamous Stringdusters- bands I have seen before; but I'm also excited to see performances by bands I have not seen as of yet, like Lettuce ( I know, how did I make this far in life without seeing them at least once).
It's going to be awesome to be surrounded by like-minded people who are all here for the same reason- music! I will be attending with my boyfriend of 3 years, JD, and music is how we met, so this is a great experience for the both of us, having never been on the boat.

We will be in Miami a few days ahead of takeoff in an AirBnB in South Beach. So I was wondering if there area any suggestions for Miami activities prior to the 6th? I've never been to FL either.
Are there plans for a pre-cruise meet & greet anywhere?
Concerning the port adventures, what is everyone interested in doing? I'm getting off the boat so it'd be really nice to have an idea of what we can purchase once on-board and what other JC-ers like the most?
I'm sure I will have more questions later, but this is what currently comes to mind.
Thanks for the tips!
I'm so stoked for this!!

~GP

Post subject: Re: JC Virgin Coming Aboard!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:26 pm 

Welcome to the party :)

I would recommend kickball at the mexico stop. :DANCE:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:54 pm 

Welcome aboard Geena! If you've met Paul and saw Turkuaz then you're on the right track, I think both of them are awesome :D Lettuce will rock your world :DANCE: We dont arrive until latenight right before the cruise so I have no Miami or preparty suggestions for you. I also don't generally get off the ship at port unless I'm going to play kickball or doing one of the Positive Legacy excursions, so I'm probably not much help there either... :lol: but anyway... welcome aboard! Congrads on poppin' that cherry :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:32 pm 

Welcome aboard....

Your about to have one of the most amazing experiences of your life.....this is something you will remember forever and is so unique compared to anything else you have done.

You are going to instantly make a million new friends on board between shows, dinners, hot tubs, cafeteria, bars, strolling around hallways, watching sunrises (and sunsets), side deck jam parties, etc....it's easy to meet people.

Hopefully we get to meet......let the excitement begin - only 30 days or so away.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:08 pm 

Welcome. Years past there have been meet ups for folks who hang out and make posts on the JC forum. Not sure if there is one planned for this year. I always seem to forget and haven't made one yet. Anyone know if a forum meet-up is planned for this year?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:53 pm 

We can certainly plan one. It has previously been at the pool deck bar, early on day 2 (first day at sea). I was waiting to see the full schedule with activities before trying to find a good time for it :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:12 pm 

Tai wrote:
Welcome to the party :)

I would recommend kickball at the mexico stop. :DANCE:

Welcome! And yes, come play kickball with us in Cozumel!

Remove the water at the bottom of the ocean