The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: new years eve
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:41 pm 

so the georgia theatre was rocking. sold out. they busted out (pgroove) have a cigar(floyd) and cant you me knockin(stones). the place was nuts and i of course had a blast.

i wanna hear about tortoise/sts9 show as well as the umphreys show and the flaming lips/wilco shows and the derek trucks show. i know some of you had to go so spill the details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:57 pm 

That was some PGroove show, eh? Got the disc in the car...... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:43 pm 

OK, the 30th. Drity Dozen Brass Band kicked off our night of Derek Trucks. They got everyone dancing and having a good time. Derek was on fire! He played without slide more then I have seen(maybe ever). They did 2+ hours with no stops. They had DDBB brass sit in, as well as Susan. Kicked some a$$. I did feel like they held back a little on time. They could have played longer, but I guess they were saving it for New Years Eve.

The 31st, Tortoise was cool and I'll catch them anytime they come near home. OMG, STS9 was bad ass. 3+ hours of music and it had me dancing the whole night(if you can call it dancing). Best show I've see from them, and can't wait to for more on the boat.

Bob<---starting to pack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:16 pm 

bob sorry i missed you at sts9
that place was jumping.... perhaps too jumping.. i felt like it was oversold.. no place to move around.
but hell yes, great energy.

my only regret is that they were too into their music to actually count down... we missed the new years celebration by a good five minutes...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:00 pm 

i love tortoise. if you dont have any of their music check out "tnt" or "mllions now living will never die" both albums are great

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:41 am 

Krys(evenstar), yes the place was packed. When STS9 took the stage I was 3 feet left of center, about 20 feet from the stage. I was within 10 feet of that the whole night. White shirt and very long hair. I had my name tag on. I didn't walk around a lot, as I was trying to hold my spot.

No worries, we get to meet in a couple days.

The did countdown the New Year, in a STS9 kind of way. The song they were playing at 11:55 counted into it. They did it 5 minute too soon!!! Then all this crap was falling from the sky. I was like, "Got a watch?".

Tye, any band you don't have music from? :wink:

Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:29 pm 

bob i never bought that kris kross album i always wanted. :lol:

i do have a huuuuuge cd collection though. some not as good as others but mostly good stuff. i had the fortune of working in a used cd/bootleg store in savannah for 3 years when i was 16-19. it was great. i got to buy cds for like 3 dollars from people and pick through what i wanted . 2 days and i will see you on the boat. cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:38 pm 

CD store, now I see how you have so much. Kris Kross, lol. I still have my KLF CD. Should I bring it for the ride to Jax?

Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:13 pm 

I was in Chicago for Umphrey's and it was a fantastic time...I unfortunately have been sick since getting back to Long Island late Sunday evening...I'm feeling a bit better and hope to be at 100% by tomorrow's flight down to JAX...

...see you all there!

-Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:59 pm 

pks many condolences to ya, i am on the bort and heard about brian. thats ashame. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{good vibes}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} to the umphreys family

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:17 pm 

I didn't know Brian, but he was much loved in our community. Tragic that things like this happen without a reason at all besides one individual's stupidity and blatent disregard for the law and well-being of others.

So sad, be sure to be extra-kind to Joel when you see him on the ship.