The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:28 pm 

Yup that boombox guy was a BUTT HEAD. I was trying to hold a conversation with him as he was throwing lime slices at the Voyage characters. Can you believe he was actually calling Ron & Jon annoying? I loved those cats. Anyhoo, I also was playing my boom box or as like to call it a "ghetto-blaster" at sunrise on the front deck. I sure hope I didn't bother anybody jamming out to Christopher Cross & Dean Martin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:55 pm 

They had the Umph playing in the Trolley Bar Saturday for the first half of the Rams/Hawks game. That was some good stuff. I didn't catch any of the bomb box stuff as I was on my way to bed at 6am every morning. Needed a little sleep to be up at 11am for a shower, food, and more music.

Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:51 pm 

I know exactly who all you guys are talking about. This kid with his GUCCI sunglasses and his backpack boombox, and an incredibly shitty attitude and vibe. All weekend he was walking around dissing everything and just being a complete idiotic asshole. You may have seen some DEAD shows in your life kid but you must have completely missed the message that Jerry was trying to send you. Please for the sake of all of us , stay away from our scene . We do not need you . You should have been busted at the dock instead of my friend Dave from Boulder. You are a complete loser and you can keep your west coast attitude and you GUUCI sunglasses and your Ghetto blaster and shove it up your ass.

Last edited by freekfreely on Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:15 pm 

I heard he got kicked in the face

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:39 pm 

yes all those were cool situations to play music.

it was mainly just this guys attitude in general. he was like cursed where ever he went people would get mad at him or he would start shit with them. he would get negitive even if you asked him nicely. he started hurling insults at me at the end but i just ignored them and he went away and then i could enjoy the good vibes of jam cruise

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:38 pm 

I totally respected everyone when I played my boombox with some friends and new ones I met during that time when there was no music playing outside on the deck to see the sunrise..I did it for the first 2 nights playing livetronica sounds and I saw everyone on the all the decks enjoying themselves..One other occasion was when we got onboard and there wasnt any music playing till 5..I believe that music should be played 24 hours on a jamcruise which was why everyone was there for...I believe it was you, Hal that was hanging out with us painting and listening to some bluegrass when we ported at the bahamas..So please refract from your statement and dont let that one guy spoil it for everyone..Thanks everyone for a great time and Ill see ya'll on the boat next year...P.S. if anyone is interested in a B&P of some of the mixes you heard, gimme a holla!!

Happy trails :)

Stevooooo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:02 pm 

yeah that paint was cool. and a great way to make friends. thanks for even letting me paint the banana. i cantt waite for the cruise next year.i had a great time. lost 10 pounds and herd lots of kick ass music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:07 pm 

your right i should clarify it only obnoxious people shoudnt carry boomboxes