The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:27 pm 
Thank you all for what was possibly the best week of my life.

Thank you all the promoters, bands, and anyone else who made this quite possibly the most memorable ever.

I'm now up after a 12-hour recovery sleep, and I must say I'm a little depressed that it's all over. But sitting out there staring at the sunrise after the Umphrey's set, thinking about the good friends I'm blessed with, the new friends I met (including some band members), and that such good times are in fact possible, if even for a short while. Well, I think I discovered and must remember that life is in fact worthwhile.

What happened last week is in fact my personal and quite simple vision of happiness: dancing to amazing music through day and night with friends old and new. Too bad it's not quite that simple in real life.

I'm sorry, I'm no poet or lyricist, so I cannot put into words just how I feel about the magic of the week and the memories, so I'll end by stealing a few lines from an e-mail I got from a friend just now. I don't think she will mind :wink:

"Do you realize that happiness makes you cry?"

"How time flys...
Do you really measure the passing of time by its speed, or do we measure it by the quality of the work we do, the people we meet, and the impression we leave behind? i certainly don't know the answer".....my friend's uncle

"Sometimes we need to go elsewhere to discover what we should always know".....my friend's aunt

Peace all, and see ya'll on the next Jamcruise!
Mike Yurkus
m_yurkus@hotmail.com

PS - In case I forgot to get information from anyone I met on the boat (especially Lar) I was the tall guy wearing the bright orange Summer Camp Shirt and baggy UFO pants...please e-mail me!

Post subject: [b]BRAVO[/b] maties!!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:36 pm 
:!: :?: :idea:
thx
f_r
dah
1st
rpl
frd

i@i
snd
mghty kynd

did
i&i
sit
n w/
i&i
@ @

any of those brd mtgs?

Y/N

8) :D :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:55 pm 
Heh, just like some of the waiters/waitresses on the boat, I'm not sure I understand most of that post....