The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: information
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:40 pm 
I need some schedules of music or something to get me through the next couple of weeks till the cruise. We have waited a long time, and paid alot of money. Now its time for the cruise to at in the very least announce some kind of schedule. If they have any open slots to fill, its simple "More Biscuits"

Post subject: People need to chill!!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:10 pm 

Has anybody on this list ever tried to put together an 800 person cruise with 12 bands, etc.? Think about how hard it is to get [i]3[/i] of your friends together to go to a movie or something like that.

Will it really affect you at all if you got the schedule as you were boarding the boat? You can't do anything until you get there anyway, so people just chill out!!!

You'll be on the boat soon enough, so leave our hosts alone and let them do their jobs!!!

Lenny

(and yes, I, too, am anxiously awaiting the funk, but I'm not hassling the people in charge...)

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:29 pm 

yeah, what he said...

1 day and 1 moon rotation to go!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:14 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Guys,

Sorry, I know you've been waiting for the schedule. Good news is we're done with it. Bad news is we just need to wait a LITTLE while longer to get it up.

It's AWESOME, diverse, exciting, constant, LATE, funky, trancy, and everything in between.

Please keep being patient with us.

And Lenny's right, this is SO hard to do, but we're working day and night to make sure that it's taken care of and will be the best thing that any of us have ever experienced.

Thanks again for your continued love, support and enthusiasm.

Post subject: Your Welcome, but thank you!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:02 pm 

Hey my pleasure! I can't wait to go and am so psyched...I've been pretty stressed the last few weeks and can't wait for the funk!!!

And I know none of it would happen without y'all at Madison House, so it irks me when I see people criticizing you guys because they are so impatient. And, as I said, the schedule doesn't really "matter" until we're all on the boat, anyway!

So don't thank me, THANK YOU!!!

See y'all up front at Galactic!!!

Lenny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:10 pm 
we've been waiting for MONTHS now... can't really blame anyone for being hungry for more info. people are just excited- that's all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:58 pm 
i don't think anyone is trying to hassle the crew, folks are just really excited for music and fun in sun! [/code]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:05 pm 
hey Lenny, I meant no disrespect to the madison house peeps. The thing is this, if they do not have the schedule or the info ready yet, it's probably a bad sign. We are well into 8 months since this was announced and alls I know is 1)what kind of beer there is, 2) No dress code, 3) some chic is gonna go on a date w/ sam altman and whatnot. This is not ungreatful. Its time to release the information. It will be great to know ahead of time what music and when. Did you ever go to jazzfest, they announce the schedules at least 1 month before it. That is all I am asking. I have never put together an 800 person jamcruise , not so sure if I could, however these people arent just buddies that are a non-profit organization that are whipping up a trip, these people get PAID to do it. Who do they get paid by, YOU AND ME. I want the schedule ASAP. Whether I get it or not remains to be seen. But I can ask if I want to.
You have to remember these people are nice and do share similar intrests with all the cruisers, however they also GET PAID. Enough with this There is less than 1 month left. I am psyched, LETS SAIL !!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:37 pm 
Julie McCoy wrote:
Hi Guys,

Sorry, I know you've been waiting for the schedule. Good news is we're done with it. Bad news is we just need to wait a LITTLE while longer to get it up.

Awwww.... C'mon. You're killing us...

Why you gotta keep it a secret?

Post subject: Who cares about the schedule
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:16 pm 
Unless you are planning to "walk the plank" you will be on board for all of the shows. We have already been told that no two bands will be playing at the same time. As far as the cost of this cruise, have you priced a regular cruise? Where most of the guests are little ole blue hairs that want quiet at 8:00 p.m.

This baby is a steal in my opinion. schedule smedule, they will let us know when they let us know. :P

Post subject: I wasn't yelling at ya...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:32 pm 

I know this is a little different than getting 3 of your friends together to go to a movie, but my point was that that can be difficult to accomplish, so imagine that times 300...

This is the first cruise of its kind, these aren't the people who put together jazzfest (which has been going on for decades), so we should cut them a little slack. That's all I meant. I wasn't trying to jump down your throat for being ancy. I can't wait to get on the boat, either.

I've been looking forward to it for months, like everyone else, but until we're actually on the boat, there's nothing we can do about it. You're not trying to coordinate dinner, cabs to venues, hotels, etc. You're already there!

It's gonna be a small boat, and we're all gonna get to know each other, and we're all there to have fun and party our you-know-what's off... so, again, my point was to just cut them a little slack, not to be angry at you (and you're not the only one who has been posting messages like that, so when I write, it's not directed solely at you).

I know it's gonna be a blast, partially because we're all so excited!

Lenny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:13 pm 
Site Admin

Bands will be overlapping ALL the time, guys.

It's the same thing as a festival, think about it, 12-14 bands, 3 stages, one day at sea with music going ALL day/night long but when we are at the shores, music only goes at night.

Each band plays TWICE, do the math

:)

We had to make a few adjustments, so we'll give it to you soon

Teases:

Headliner outside first cruise first night YMSB
Headliner outside second cruise first night Keller

more to come, you hungry music lovers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:23 pm 

I love a good tease, Thanks, Ms. CruisinDirectorest.

Umm, i did the math - with the allotment of time and band - each could play 2.789 sets, each set 4 hours long. What does that tell me . . . right, that math is useless.

My question, actaully, is this - Umm, Yonder? On which cruise?

Headliner outside first cruise first night YMSB

Headliner outside second cruise first night Keller

I must be confused . . . still.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:25 pm 
Site Admin

no...

I'm the one who is confused

It's the other way around

Keller I
Yonder II

ok for my mess up, here's one more