The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Do I need a Passport for this Cruise????
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 1:06 pm 

Or is my Drivers License OK :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 1:41 pm 

You will need either a pssport or a birth certificate in addition to your driver's license.

From the Terms & Conditions link:

"You are responsible for obtaining all travel documents as well as compliance with Customs and Immigration requirements. You will be required to comply with all security measures imposed by governments which may change from time to time. We will endeavor to provide you with notice of measures which may affect you, but complying with any such requirements is your responsibility. United States and Canadian citizens must have either a valid passport, or a certified birth certificate. Naturalized U.S. citizens are advised to carry their naturalization papers. Aliens who are permanent residents of the U.S. must carry their Alien Registration Card and passport. All others must have a valid passport or an actual birth certificate (NO COPIES). Passengers without proper documentation will not be allowed to board the vessel, and no refund of cruise fare will be given to any passenger failing to bring such documentation."

:wink:

Post subject: Drowing Creek ROCKS! Who is going from that crew?
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 1:56 pm 
WHO is going on the cruise from the Drowning Creek offices? DC does the BEST POSTER art and they shoudl be doing the Poster Art for this cruise! Go check out there stuff:
www.drowningcreek.com
I am glad to be on the boat!!!!!!!!!!

Boulder Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 4:15 pm 
Hey Bill!!!

Supercalifragilistic that you are going!! Both Jeff & I will be there to drink rum drinks and bask in the sun and listen to da music.

And there WILL be a special poster for this cruise. Very limited edition available at the Meet-n-Greet.... :mrgreen:

We'll be making the poster so's that there will be plenty of room for a lot of signatures in case yer into autographs.

Judy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 4:18 pm 

:oops:

whoops, that was me.... I forgot to log in in my enthusiasm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 9:51 pm 
Drowning Creek wrote:
All others must have a valid passport or an actual birth certificate (NO COPIES).

:wink:

i know it says "NO COPIES"...

BUT what about a certified copy from the register of deeds of my county of birth with a rasied seal?

i've been to the bahamas before and never had a problem with it.

do i really need to go through the time and expense of getting a passport made? i'd rather not, if it's not really necessary...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 9:04 am 

Anonymous wrote:

i know it says "NO COPIES"...

BUT what about a certified copy from the register of deeds of my county of birth with a rasied seal?

That *is* a real birth cert. By "no copies," it means no xerox or scanned copies. It must have the raised seal. Also, a copy that is notorized will not work.

We went through all this early this year when we were going on a cruise.... Jeff had to go get his birth cert the day before we left. Luckily they were able to give him one on the spot.... it woulda sucked to get to the ship and been turned away because of improper documentation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 12:48 pm 
Magellan...with a handle like that why would you NOT want a passport? They are only $20, you have enough time to get one and you apply at post offices. Personally, with the way the world is going right now, I think it is super important to have a passport at all times. Besides - you would go through more trouble getting a notorized copy and all that crap...unless you are a felon and can't leave legally.