The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A note from Julie and Jam Cruise
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:49 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Everyone,

We're sorry that any of these discounts have casused a stir but hopefully this will explain things a bit:

Jam Cruise I is close to being sold out and Jam Cruise II is selling well. But since we do have some cabins left, we don't want them to do go unused. We want it to be successful so everyone can be a part of this amazing adventure.

We didn't want anyone to post the discounts to our message board, that's our fault, and it sorta defeats the purpose since most of you on the boat already.

However, these incentive & referral programs can benefit YOU as well as any new passenger. The $100 off a person means that YOU can get $100 your fare for getting anyone to sign up. So get out there and get some of your friends to join the party!

And there have been some companies, like radio stations and other media outlets, that have OBTAINED cabins to do whatever they want with them, which means if they want to do a giveways or a 1/2 price deal, they have the right to do this. This is normal for any marketing campaign.

We're about to announce an in-house financing program and we hope that doesn't make you angry. There are music lovers that want to come on board but just can't come up with all the money right away.

We know you were lucky and got spots in the beginning, and yes, we elected to do two cruises. The bands wanted to and so did the fans. We will most likely stick to one a year in the future. We're doing everything in our power to make this successful and we appreciate everyone's support and we hope to have many more Jam Cruises in the years to come.

Gratefully yours,

Julie McCoy

Post subject: Still...:o(
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:48 pm 
Julie,

I do appreciate what you are saying, COMPLETELY - but still...you're not really helping us out here. I am sooo glad to be on this thing and was willing to do whatever it took in the beginning. Now I see that I probably paid much more than some people are going to have paid in the end. IT'S JUST NOT FAIR. And I understand you have this incentive program, but how many people do you think we can actually get to go on this? To be quite honest, anybody who I could have gotten to go I have gotten to go from the beginning and now it's just too late. I know I am venting, but I am sure many of the people who have paid major money feel the same way. THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING YOU GUYS CAN DO TO MAKE US FEEL A LITTLE BETTER. SOMETHING. ANYTHING. free drinks on the boat all week? some of our money back? something really special for us who have been on since the beginning and have paid so much? PLEASE HELP - as I said before, it's really just not fair. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:12 pm 

I don't see airplane companies giving you money back when you paid $600 8 months in advance and then you find out the guy sitting next to you paid $150, 5 minutes before getting on the plane.

You people whine too much. This is a business and it is how it works. Like I said in another post... You paid a premium for the piece of mind that you were assured a spot in the boat... You made the bet that it would sell out.... risk vs. reward people!! Seeing how I live in Reno.. It is the way of life here.. Don't bet your dough unless you can afford to.

Get over it. I think that Julie has explained enough as it is. If it makes you feel better, I'll buy you a drink when we get on the boat. I really hope people are not bitching about this while on the trip.. If they are I will suggest they hang out in the life boats!

for the record... I paid full price during the initial presale!

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:28 pm 
Reno...don't get me wrong - what's done is done and I am sooo psyched for this thing and it's not a problem when it comes down to it - am not going to be saying another word about the whole thing, but since Julie posted this I figured I might as well speak up...sorry if you disagree, but I feel we should be compensated in SOME WAY - and if not, it does suck, but no use crying about it...still going to be a rocking good time...just looking for a little justice

SEE YOU ON THE BOAT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:46 pm 

I agree with you and Julie.

I'm sorry for the stir, that wasn't my intention. Occasionally people post ON THIS BOARD, asking if cabins are still available (how they get this far I have no idea), but it seems like free game. So, I got off my ass and tried to turn lemons into Lemonade (by taking FULL advantage my options). I paid the full price the minute they went on sale, and would do it again, and was recently offered a nice, albeit round-a-bout optional "discount" of sorts if I refferred others on to the cruise.

I knew that I could not only pass along a discount to those still not on board (bonus for them), but additionally receive a belated dividend myself thru the Holiday Referral Program (bonus for me). My tactics were not well received, I don't know why, this will be my last post on this board, but think to yourself, if you'd rather pay less, work to get some money back thru their program. Play by the rules of the game and make the system work for you. Again sorry for the agrevation.

Follow the lines going south . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:38 pm 
maybe if you guys announced the schedule already that might help some with sales. i know if i was on the fence, that might help me decide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:02 am 

Hey Klipjoint quit your crying. If the boat was sold out you'd be happy you paid early.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:23 am 
Jamcruiser_Reno wrote:
I don't see airplane companies giving you money back when you paid $600 8 months in advance and then you find out the guy sitting next to you paid $150, 5 minutes before getting on the plane.

!

I have never been on a plane where you pay less and less the closer it gets to the day of the flight, it is in fact the very opposite. Those who reserve months in advance get a cheaper fare than those who wait till the last minute, because they do it by weight and any leftover weight goes for shipping, so basically that defense of yours is pretty dumb. Stick up for them if you want, but find a better excuse.

Post subject: whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:24 am 
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Post subject: Re: A note from Julie and Jam Cruise
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:31 am 
Julie McCoy wrote:

The $100 off a person means that YOU can get $100 your fare for getting anyone to sign up. So get out there and get some of your friends to join the party!

Too bad for those of us who DID talk our friends into going... BACK IN MAY.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:55 am 

personally, i am fine with the money we spent upfront for our cabins...
yes, there are cabins still available and discounts to be had for last minute cruisers... but those ppl are not getting a room with a veranda or an admiral suite on the top of the boat like my crew.
nor do there seem to be any of the cheapest cabins available....

so yes, ppl can still go and go cheaper than i did.... but i got the cabins i wanted.

however, if the jamcruise ppl want to thank me for my hard earned money payed without a discount... a bottle of vodka on ice in my cabin would be greatly appreciated ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:48 am 

I sincerely hope my "chiming in" did not offend. I know our cruise director and production staff are working hard on this. I know this is a first effort and there are bugs to be worked out and lessons to be learned. I also know that depsite these bugs and lessons, JamCruise will rank right up there with my best show memories ever.

For that I want to say in advance THANK YOU TO JULIE MCCOY AND HER TEAM!!

My motto when making the purchase was "No matter what the cost I HAVE to be on this boat!" So, I am going to stick with that. I don't care if I'm paying this thing off on a credit card for the next 8 months. All I REALLY care about is the memories I will be acquiring. And after all, in the end, that's all life is - a collection of memories. We should grab as many great ones as we can no matter what it takes.

To say I appreciate the work that's been done would be an understatement at best. Every JamCruiser owes these people a personal debt of gratitude for the efforts they have put forth. And for not only listening to people like me bitch about things, but responding to us directly and really "hearing" us. Thank YOU Julie McCoy!

See you all on board!

The Colonel :mrgreen:

Post subject: My 2 cents from Steve in California
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:51 am 
Hey all, I wouldn't care if Julie gives away the cabins. It would result in more on on board sales that may help offset the total cost. I bet there will be no profits for this epic event. it's how all of the great ones start. I feel like I am getting a fantastic value for my money.

Please you guys it's only money. This is way bigger than a few bucks. The Jam Cruise people have put together a fantastic line-up for us, and if this thing works out next years cruise will even be better.

We are by no means rich. If fact the entire balance of this thing is still sitting on my credit card, hoping for a meager end of the year bonus to pay some of it off.

But Please Please Please stop whining and let these folks do the best job that they can. After we see what kind of a job they do then you can complain by not signing up next year.

Keep plugging away Julie, there is no need to explain anything you do to make this a successful event :wink:

Post subject: And I haven't even said anything yet!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:39 pm 

Y'all know how I feel on this matter!!!

Funkin' while floatin' out on the open seas is all I care about...see y'all in 3 weeks!!!

Lenny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:05 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
I have never been on a plane where you pay less and less the closer it gets to the day of the flight, it is in fact the very opposite. Those who reserve months in advance get a cheaper fare than those who wait till the last minute, because they do it by weight and any leftover weight goes for shipping, so basically that defense of yours is pretty dumb. Stick up for them if you want, but find a better excuse.

First off.. who are you? Second off.. you are right sometimes.. but not all the time. How do you think Priceline line works? Do you get last minute deal e-mails from Travelocity? I myself have scored a last minute plane ticket for very cheap. My defense does stand. And all this crying done by you people who don't even sign in is pathetic. If you really have a problem why don't you get the balls and not hide behind a guest sign in name.

As far as I am concerned.. this topic is dead