The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BAD ASS HOTEL DEALS -- Check This Shit Out!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:57 am 
OK -- I was about to book at the Amerisuites which is the official hotel of JamCruise and the one Madison House Travel is using. Then I was reading the AmeriSuites reviews and 7 of 10 said there were bugs in their rooms and that the rooms smelled like shit. They also said the staff would do nothing about it. $115 is also a ton of cash it seems before we cruise on the high seas..............

NOW HERE IS THE COOL PART. If you go to Priceline..........go to Fort Lauderdale.........click on BEACH and AIRPORT and 3 STAR HOTELS then offer a price of $55 it will give you a fuckin awesome hotel. If it does not hook you up then go back and add DOWTOWN too and it will work -- I promise it! The Wyndham Hotel & Resort is a three star hotel that is close to the beach and the airport. Free shuttle and everything you could ever want! It is so big I thought I was going to faint -- it looks like the most expensive spot in town!
Read the below description:

Visit this link for pictures (the place is fucking huge):
http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/FLLHT/main.wnt

Welcome to the exceptional Wyndham Ft. Lauderdale Airport hotel that will make you forget everything you've come to know about airport hotels. Our location, just minutes from the Greater Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center, and complimentary airport transportation are a few of the conveniences you'll discover at Wyndham Ft. Lauderdale Airport.

From the moment you enter the lush, magnificently landscaped gardens, you'll experience all of the luxury and style that this first-class hotel has to offer. After being greeted by an elegantly appointed lobby, you can retreat to any of our 388 deluxe sound-proof guest rooms, lanais or suites. Beautifully decorated and appointed, each features a world of comforts, including remote-control color cable TV, in-room movies, oversized beds, high-speed Internet access and more.

When you're ready to relax, The Garden Cafe and Keys Lounge offer a casual environment in which to enjoy a meal or a favorite beverage. The Paradise Pool Bar serves tropical beverages and snacks in the tropical pool garden area. On-site recreational amenities include an outdoor pool and two tennis courts. Florida's world famous beaches are only a few minute's drive away.

Located in the heart of one of the country's most popular destinations, the Wyndham Ft. Lauderdale Airport is perfect for everything that brings you to South Florida - exciting vacations, getaway weekends, business travel, meetings and conferences.

Anyway -- let me know if this worked for you. I suggest we all start booking here -- NO BAD REVIEWS OF THIS PLACE! If anyone wants to split this room let me know! Thanks![/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:13 am 

yeah priceline rocks.
we pulled 4 star hyatt regency grande for $80.
it has a private water shuttle to the beach...

there are much nicer hotels than a "suite chain" in ft. laudie for half the price.

Post subject: Agreed
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:29 pm 

Priceline hooked us up with the Doubletree Oceanfront (3 stars) for $78.00 (put in bid of $64.00 the rest is taxes, etc.). Do the Ft. Lauderdale Beach area (and maybe add downtown), for 3 or 4 stars, and you'll get a great room.

Woo Hoo!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 5:04 pm 

Just got hooked up with the Doubletree Oceanfront. :D
put in a bid for $55 came out to $67 total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:07 pm 
Just got a room at the Doubletree Guest Suites Galleria for $55.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:58 am 

priceline rocks indeed! :)

hooked us up pre-cruise with two nights at the doubletree oceanfront.

and one night for post-cruise recovery at the wyndham airport. hope they have a big comfy bed for me to crawl into.

we got both hotels for about 100 dollars less than their advertised nightly rate. :)