The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hotel on the 5th?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:27 pm 

I'm trying to figure out where the best place to stay will be on the 5th... it would be great to get something close to the Pre-Cruise Party KDTU show but also near the dock - but I have no idea if that's even possible. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:36 pm 
AmeriSuites, or soemthing like that, are the signature hotel of the cruise and pre cruise - Call Maddy House and they'll set ya up.

I dunno how close they are, but I'll be there.

See you round, Nann'er.

Post subject: Try Priceline
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:04 pm 

We did priceline and got a room at the Doubletree Oceanfront for $78.00. We picked the Fort Lauderdale Beach Area and Downtown Fort Lauderdale 3 Star hotels as our options. I named the price at $50.00, then they came back and told me to increase my bid to $64.00. The $78.00 total is the cost with all the taxes, etc.

The rooms there usually go for twice that. It is 3 miles from the pre-cruise party and 3.7 miles from the Port. Considering it's on the beach, and seems like a pretty nice hotel, I think we got a great deal.

Nothing against the efforts of the people at Madison House, but the Amerisuites, which is much closer to the Port (about .5 miles), and about the same distance to the pre-cruise party doesn't have the bonus of being on the beach. It's very convenient to the airport an the port, however.

Considering that the cruise doesn't leave until the afternoon of the 6th, I'll be glad to be right on the beach to get ready for this great fiesta on the sea!!!

Priceline can give you some really good deals if you do the search carefully.

I can't wait until January 5th!!!

Aaaarrggghh!

:lol: :P :lol:

Post subject: thanks!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:19 pm 

Thanks! That's just the kind of advice I was looking for. Now if I can just get someone to share the room with me, it'll be perfect (not too worried about that.)