The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Announcement: Jam Cruise Wedding!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:29 am 

Hello fellow cruisers! Randall and “Randall to be” here. My lady and I had thought about taking a cruise for our Honeymoon for quite some time. Then we saw this one and thought, “Now that would be a great Honeymoon!” Then we thought, “With a party boat like this, let’s just get married on the ship.” Now that all of the arrangements have been made, we look at this cruise as a Wedding and the Jammingest four-day Wedding reception ever had on the open sea. So we thought we still needed a Honeymoon and are taking a week to “relax and recover” afterward in Cancun. Well, maybe just a little relaxing… Ah, life is too sweet.

We were initially number six on the waiting list and thought we had to think this all through again. Now, I am excited to say, we have an Admirals suite. I mean a Wedding Suite. And, more importantly, we are getting married on Jam Cruise “The Maiden Voyage”! Anyone have any future anniversary ideas? Jam Cruise every year perhaps?

Oh yea, most importantly, we couldn’t be more pleased to celebrate the beginning of our new life together with all of you. We get to board the boat first and will be married just before you, our new friends, and as we like to pretend, our wedding guests, hop on board. So, we look forward to celebrating with you. We are Joseph and Rebecca and will be in our wedding clothes so won’t be hard to pick out of the crowd. Come say hello, have a drink, and share a hug.

Unbroken chain of sorrow and pearls,
Unbroken chain of sky and sea,
Unbroken chain of the western wind,
Unbroken chain of you and me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:16 am 

Mazel Tov~!~
-Shimon :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:20 pm 

congratulations

Post subject: That's fantastic!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:44 pm 

Joseph and Rebecca, I'm so excited for you both! I was at the Aspen Harmony fest when the people got married on stage right before Panic played - and that was great - but we didn't get to have a 4 day amazing reception with them! Thanks for giving us all one more uprecedented, beautiful experience to share.

Someday (soon) life will be sweet like a rhapsody!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:51 pm 

Maybe it's 'cause I'm an emotional loopy mess after not getting enough sleep due to a midnight screening about a certain movie 'bout a ring (WOW, by the way), but that just brought a tear to my eye. Congratulations, you two!!! that's so great.

see ya on the boat!
gina :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:45 pm 

Congratulations!!! (And ahhh, Unbroken! A perfect wedding song! We got married to Comes a Time :))

http://www.mountainsofthemoon.com

"Forever Family, Forever Grateful"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:05 am 
Hey- Joseph and Rebecca!

We'll be honeymooning as well. We've been together over 12 years and (like any old couple) have weathered a lot of storms. And inspite of it all I adore my man and can't wait to officially get my ball and chain (they do issue those after the ceremony, right?). :lol:

We were originally going to get hitched on the ship-- but because of logistics, have opted for a beachfront wedding instead.

We're still wrapping up the plans-- but it looks like its going to be:
nuptials at 4:30, dinner at 5:00 and Karl D. precruise show shortly thereafter!!

We'll be in a little lovenest with an ocean view on the promenade deck.

So we'll definately share some hugs and toasts. And whatdya say to having a first meeting of the honeymoon club in the hot tub after we set sail?

We're Amy and Jimmy. We'll be outta our wedding clothes-- but we'll be the ones with the goofy delighted grins on our faces.

Oh wait-- that will be everyone on this ship!!

Celebrate, we will
life is short, but sweet for certain
Come on, two by two
To be sure these days continue

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:24 am 
Oh yeah-- and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

(and I now volunteer to hold your camera a few times on the boat to snap your picture--- a couple of my friends came back from their honeymoon with 30 pictures of her standing next to some landmark and 30 pictures of him standing next to some landmark-- and not one of them enjoying their honeymoon together :cry: )

Post subject: aspen harmony fest
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:42 am 
Congrats on the wedding. Looking forward to buying y'all a cocktail.
Looking forward to seeing Nancy L. I was the talent buyer for the Aspen Harmony Festival. My boy Killer's wedding was a ball. Glad you were there.
Paulthewolf

Post subject: Thanks Everyone!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 am 

shimoner wrote:
Mazel Tov~!~
-Shimon :lol:

Thanks Shimon!

tschnip wrote:
congratulations

Thanks tschnip!

NancyL wrote:
Joseph and Rebecca, I'm so excited for you both! I was at the Aspen Harmony fest when the people got married on stage right before Panic played - and that was great - but we didn't get to have a 4 day amazing reception with them! Thanks for giving us all one more uprecedented, beautiful experience to share.

Someday (soon) life will be sweet like a rhapsody!

Nancy,

Thanks for the kind message! Yea – This will be one great musical reception not to forget. Someday (soon) everything will sound sweet like a symphony!

boogieg wrote:
Maybe it's 'cause I'm an emotional loopy mess after not getting enough sleep due to a midnight screening about a certain movie 'bout a ring (WOW, by the way), but that just brought a tear to my eye. Congratulations, you two!!! that's so great.

see ya on the boat!
gina :D

Thank you for the congrats Gina! Uh-Oh… If you are an emotional loopy mess after a midnight screening, you could be in real trouble after four days of nonstop dancing… Cya soon!

moonmamamel wrote:
Congratulations!!! (And ahhh, Unbroken! A perfect wedding song! We got married to Comes a Time :))

Thanks Moon! Comes a Time – one of my many all time favorite Jerry tunes. Actually, we’ve been hoping to get Peter Rowan to do us a song on the boat.

wildeyedus wrote:
Hey- Joseph and Rebecca!

We'll be honeymooning as well. We've been together over 12 years and (like any old couple) have weathered a lot of storms. And inspite of it all I adore my man and can't wait to officially get my ball and chain (they do issue those after the ceremony, right?). :lol:

We were originally going to get hitched on the ship-- but because of logistics, have opted for a beachfront wedding instead.

We're still wrapping up the plans-- but it looks like its going to be:
nuptials at 4:30, dinner at 5:00 and Karl D. precruise show shortly thereafter!!

We'll be in a little lovenest with an ocean view on the promenade deck.

So we'll definately share some hugs and toasts. And whatdya say to having a first meeting of the honeymoon club in the hot tub after we set sail?

We're Amy and Jimmy. We'll be outta our wedding clothes-- but we'll be the ones with the goofy delighted grins on our faces.

Oh wait-- that will be everyone on this ship!!

Celebrate, we will
life is short, but sweet for certain
Come on, two by two
To be sure these days continue

Hey Amy and Jimmy! That’s very cool! I think that after 12 years they just stamp your current ball and chain “official” after the ceremony. I’m sure the beachfront wedding will be beautiful and look forward to some hugs and toasts from the honeymoon club. Look forward to seeing you soon and would be happy to snap your pictures as well! Sending congratulations your way!

paulthewolf wrote:
Congrats on the wedding. Looking forward to buying y'all a cocktail.
Looking forward to seeing Nancy L. I was the talent buyer for the Aspen Harmony Festival. My boy Killer's wedding was a ball. Glad you were there.
Paulthewolf

Thanks Paul for the Congrats and the cocktail! See you in a couple weeks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:07 pm 
Congrats!!! It too brought a tear to my eye because I am a sappy person. It will be a great place to get married and the best crew to spend you honeymoon! Best of Luck and many of happy memories!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:49 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
Congrats!!! It too brought a tear to my eye because I am a sappy person. It will be a great place to get married and the best crew to spend you honeymoon! Best of Luck and many of happy memories!

Thank you for the kind post anonymous guest! Don't be too sappy please. I have plenty of that all around me this holiday season. :wink: Lookin forward to shakin the bones on the boat! Peace and Happy New Year!!!!! :D

Post subject: ~~congrats!!~
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:59 am 

...love is in the air
everywhere i look around...

ok - no cruiseokie here -

What a great wedding and honeymoon!
Congrats to you all & good luck with the next few days!

I'll try to put a bow on that big ole full moon we're getting as a gift of love and light!

Cheers!

i

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:44 pm 
Congrats. My wife and I have been married for 10 years. We got together young (19 and 21) , pooled our money together and bought a VW bus to head out on Dead tour in. 10 years later here we are and this is our Anv present to ourselves. Congrats again!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject: THANKS EVERYONE!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:11 pm 

What a beautiful little ceremony and a kick ass reception! They really made the ceremony nice in the Mermaid Lounge. I have to admit, even though it was just a little intimate wedding with only two of our closest friends and my parents, I was still awfully nervous. I rushed to the lounge with my friend while the girls got ready for the ceremony. I had to slam about five rum and cokes to calm down before they got to the lounge. We really loved our vows and there were quite a few tears. :cry: The bartender (I can’t remember her name yet… any help?) started to well up a bit and said that she had seen a lot of these and hadn’t been so touched. We had a wedding cake, an open bar, champagne, and all kinds of good munchies. Couldn’t have picked a better place to get married or with a better group of people to celebrate! Thanks to everyone on the boat who helped put this together! We spent a week in Mexico after the cruise and our heads are still spinning from all of the fun.

Did anyone get a picture of us at the award ceremony getting the dream catcher? That would be funny to see. We don’t remember it all that well unfortunately but I think he said that he gave it to me because I wouldn’t be catching that other stuff anymore. :wink: Thanks to everyone who bought us drinks and for all of the congratulations on the boat! See you on our Anniversary!
:D