The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JCI VS. JCII
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:59 pm 
Your thoughts. People on each boat know nothing about the other cruise so let's all tell our stories, share special moments, and relive our greatest memories! Can't wait to look over all your responses!
--------

I have heard lots of great parts of both and I know everyone has thier opinions but let's discuss a little:

I know the Madison House staff said the first cruise didn't run nearly as smooth as the second one but that might have been behind the scenes stuff.

What's up with people on anti-gravity stilts?

I know the second cruise left people behind and that sucks...

I heard the music on the second cruise was more special and hype that on the second boat..

I heard the people were more excited on the first boat...

Let's hear from you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:24 pm 

well on JC2 Claypool looked at above at the moon for a min. then anounced he was going tojust jam out for 45 min. and it alone was worth every penny i spent!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:39 pm 
True story:
I ask Col. Bruce if he would have his picture taken with me. After the picture was taken, he ask me if he knew me. I replied "no sir, I've seen you play many times, yet we've never met." He then looked at me, leaned in close, and said, "Boy...you are an Aries, and I believe you were born on March 28th or April 2nd." I WAS BORN ON MARCH 28TH!!!! I nearly shit on myself. What in the hell had just happened? Col. Bruce is from another plain. I've never experienced something like that. I have no explaination. Col. Bruce for President. It's all true and I'm not nuts. Bo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:07 am 
All I can say is that JCI was the most incredible, magical, amazing, wonderful time I have had in my 31 years of life and beleive me I have been a seeker of those times. JCI was the the dankest thing I have ever been through!!!! Thanks to all. MUCH LOVE!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:52 am 
Well, I was on JC1 and it was literally in the top three of best things that have happened to me. As for comparing it to JC2? Well, I took one look at the line-up for JC2 and new I was on the right boat. No offense Les, I love ya, just not worth the money to be on that boat just to see you. Although a lot of TDB fans did just that ROFLMAO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:43 pm 
on the contrary to the above statement, les helped to make jc2 very very sick!! anyone who claims otherwise is an idiot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:32 pm 

I was on JCII and I can't imagine one being that much better than the other. The last day everyone on the boat was wearing a HUGE smile and just loving life!

The particle set night on two when Karl D came down and ripped it with them has to be on the top of my mind as a SICK moment. I was right in front looking down the barrel of his sax. Those particle boys can play!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:56 pm 
Sounds like both cruises were right on the money. I was on the 2nd and had an absolute blast...will definitely do it again next year!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:57 pm 

Were there hula hoops on the 2nd cruise?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:28 pm 
I only saw two hulas on the boat (luckily). they werent in use much either. they just sat there next to the stage most of the time. I was like "oh shit!" when i saw two girls waiting in line with them. lucky they didnt get in my way or bump into me with them. im usually quiet and stay to myself but, hula hoops can make me crazy sometimes. I might have thrown it off the boat like a huge frisbee, if one of them bumped me.

as for JC vs. JCII, a girl we were sitting with in the dining room asked the waiter the difference between the two cruises. His only comment was that JCII people were more proffessional in their partying. I heard there were more kidz on JC, maybe thats why he said that. (plus there were no naked tripping guy)

my only wishes for next year:

replace DiscoBiz with MMW
replace Particle with Moe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:45 pm 

I'd have to say that JC1 had an edge on JCII then. Setting aside the great vibe the hula folks gave off, to see Meghan simultaneously spinning a couple hoops in full boogie mode is fascinating to watch is an immeasurable understatement. (She was hooping at the very back of the ship on the white pool deck...way out of the range of bumping anyone with the hoops, but very visible as eye candy for all aboard.)

I sat for a moment on the third deck at the very top, looking down over the scene and three hula hoops were going at the back of the ship and one guy juggling, a few folks in stilts jumping around and Frenchy painting with both arms going at the speed of sound. The picture was wild from that perspective. It was colorful, full of motion and looked kinda like a circus at peak performance. You could almost smell the energy in the air (or was that something else 8) ).

Although I was only on JC1, I have to think that JC2 was lacking a bit in the festival-like ambiance without the hoops. Hoop hoop horay for Megs!

Last edited by bonnaroodly on Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:03 pm 
I 2nd that, Bonaroodly!!
Friends that were on both cruises told me JC1 was more fun-more wild- more crazy- more everything. Maybe we we're all acting more like kids than those on JC2. Doesn't matter anyway, since they smartened up and are only doing one next year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:05 pm 

I don't know about JC2 cuz I wasn't there, but as for JC1... wow! I've been a fun seeker for a while, and it was absolutly the best vacation of my life!! All the phamily,, I luv you all,, the music, coiuldn't ask for more ( especially from Karl D!),, But most of all the vibe. It was the most solid positive vibe that I have felt, if not forever for a very long time.. I not going to say one was better than 2.. But we rocked it first,, we rocked it hard,, we popped the cherry,, and you never forget your first !!
Peace... Freddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:16 pm 

Freddy it wouldnt have been the same without ya bro. Hats off and drinks up to JCI, ROCK DA BOAT YA'LL.

M.O.P

Post subject: Love Is
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:27 pm 

Love Is

In the end analysis it all worked for most of us.
Michael Franti and Spearhead brought such joy and beauty to jc II that much of the rest was just chop on the sea of life. The strength of that man and the convictions of his music speak to the spirit within us all of the grace that surrounds us. Then there's Karl Denson and his Tiny Universe shaping the last day up into something extra special for the whole boat to enjoy, in spite of personal adversity and anything else that may have gone on...jc II brought us to the gates of heaven and left us with a rose in the hand. Thank you all who helped bring light into the dark place.