The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:41 am 
I believe you're not even allowed to tip them til the final day.

At least that's how all others cruises work.

Post subject: Re: tipping
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:53 am 
premiseone wrote:
If you're not a total asshole, you should probably tip them. But hey, I'm gonna be working the whole time dreaming about going on this cruise growing angry at some slug that doesn't tip an underpaid sap like myself.

the tip is INCLUDED.

Post subject: tipping
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:44 pm 
Come on people. Complaining about tipping? If you're worried about that kind of money, you shouldn't be going. It's like going out to a 4star restaurant and then saying they should only get 12-15% because the prices are too high. This isn't McDonalds my friends. Take it from someone who has worked part time in restaurants all my life, tipping is a part of the game. Don't be looking for spare change here. I can't even believe this kind of discussion is going on. I thought because of this kind of event, it would eliminate that.

I hope the bartenders get hooked up!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:52 pm 

We went on a cruise last month, and with each round of beers, we got little tab with 15% gratuity added. There's a line on the tab, so that we could add extra for the tip.... we usually added a $1 extra to the tab each time we got two drinks, so it worked out to $2 tip per round or $1 tip per drink for the hard-working bartendars. The bartendars were happy, and so were we! :wink:

Post subject: Trivia from a KIND guy that likes good beer, and politics
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:31 am 
TIP stands for - To Insure Promptness.

Now, it seems to me if a bartender is slammed, and you slip him a fat tip straight off, you will be remembered next time you go to the bar. Promptness is more likely, it you have done something To Insure it.

Insure yourself against being neglected.

From dictionary.com
insure
Specifically, to secure against a loss by a contingent event, on certain stipulated conditions, or at a given rate or premium; to give or to take an insurance on or for; as, a merchant insures his ship or its cargo, or both, against the dangers of the sea; goods and buildings are insured against fire or water; persons are insured against sickness, accident, or death; and sometimes hazardous debts are insured.

Dude, it's like complaining that hot chicks get certain opportunities that ugly guys don't. And they get certain disadvantages as well. Smart people. All people. That's the way the world is.

As to the double or triple charging of the tip (in the ticket price, included in the drink bill, and at your whim) well, that's just plan old corporate greed. Ask Ticketmaster, where you will see similar practices. Or ask Enron, where it came to a head and popped.

Let's wait till after the event to judge to policies.

After all, I paid on a credit card, and the credit card company won't be giving any money to anybody, unless I still agree at the end of 30 days. That, my friends, is consumer protection.

And if anyone is still even reading this rambling THCinspired post, Rock on 'cause we are gonna party down! :D 8)

Post subject: tip nazis
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:54 pm 
No shit Premiseone. Where the hell do these people grow up any way? These bartenders and waitors/waitresses work for as low as $2.15 an hour. Could you live off $2.15 an hour? I like to see you try. If you want to get trashed that's fine but tipping comes with going out. Not just the Jam Cruise but anywhere. If you want to get trashed and not tip, stay at home where maybe some bartender will appreciate you not taking up space on his bar stools. People like you make me sick.

Good tippers = 2-1 dollar per drink
Bad tippers = Assholes like You

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:25 am 
:D :D :D :D :D HA-HA