The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: www.caribbeanholidaze.com bisucitrs/umphreys jamaica cloud 9
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:44 pm 

looks like the good folks at jamcruise are now throwing a party in jamaica for the disco biscuits and umphreys. if this is true, decisions decisions interesting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:46 pm 

Jamaica!

http://jambandfan.smugmug.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:46 pm 

Interesting.............

Just saw Disco Biscuits and Umphreys today at there free show for Green Apple Mucic festival at Lincoln Park Zoo today.

Sadly I think the festival won't be invited back to the Zoo as waaaay too many people showed up and people were trampling flower beds, climbing trees, standing on walls and what not to find a spot to see. Nothing says Happy Earth Day like trashing one of the most beautiful Zoos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:40 pm 

I am all for Jamaica, but why would the caribbeanholidaze website say December 2007??? Isn't JamCruise Six gonna be January 2008??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:09 pm 

Qty74 wrote:
I am all for Jamaica, but why would the caribbeanholidaze website say December 2007??? Isn't JamCruise Six gonna be January 2008??

I would think it would be right before Jamcruise 6

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:52 pm 

Ok, I get it... caribbeanholidaze is not a fancy name for a JamCruise theme day. It is something entirely different. :lol:
Sorry, I'm still recovering from the weekend. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:21 am 

sounds like jamcruise warmup to me.can jc6 depart from jamaica?that would be something.i'd need to quit my job for that much fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:54 am 

I would think this means no UM/tDB on JC6...just a guess...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:14 am 

I just assumed that they meant in early december. Both bands have longstanding traditions of nye shows and my first thought was that they wouldnt want to give those up.

OTOH, both bands have traditions of nye shows in some pretty farking cold conditions, so perhaps Jamaica is a good alternative :)

I am definately looking forward to the details on this one. There is no way in hell that we can go, but I think it is cool that they are giving this a shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:12 am 

decisions, decisions...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:07 am 

PKSConrad wrote:
I would think this means no UM/tDB on JC6...just a guess...

That's one of the things I took from that too, but who knows.

Ain't hesitating,
Ain't deliberating,
I got to see it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:19 pm 

Double A wrote:
Interesting.............

Just saw Disco Biscuits and Umphreys today at there free show for Green Apple Mucic festival at Lincoln Park Zoo today.

Sadly I think the festival won't be invited back to the Zoo as waaaay too many people showed up and people were trampling flower beds, climbing trees, standing on walls and what not to find a spot to see. Nothing says Happy Earth Day like trashing one of the most beautiful Zoos.

They should have held Earth Day in Grant Park where Lollapalooza is held, that would have made more sense and none of these problems would have occurred.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:42 am 

stinkd wrote:
Double A wrote:
Interesting.............

They should have held Earth Day in Grant Park where Lollapalooza is held, that would have made more sense and none of these problems would have occurred.

Yeah hope the Green Apple festival stays partly in Chicago and does get moved to a more friendly venue that can handle the crowds.....and is more easily accessible to Public Transportation than LPZ.

I hated having to drive down there. And I bet the Mercedes that parked behind me wished he'd of parked further than 1.5" away from the back of my Steel Bumper thanks to the giant gash I had to leave all up his hood to get out ;) Serves him right for parking in what was a no parking zone!! At least I was 2/3's into a legal spot!! Who parks on the ass behind a lifted truck all dented up w/ a bigass steel bumper and not think their ride is gonne get fucked up as I had less than 2"s in front of me too as a scooter squeezed in to park between me and the car in front of me!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:34 pm 

I have another take on this:

First, I see no reason why UM/DB can't do both Jamaica and JC.

Second, supposing they do both. With pre-books as they are currently going, by the time UM/DB get announced for JC, it is likely that many fans won't get a chance to get on the boat. By doing both gigs, they give their fans two chances to catch them playing the Carribean.

A freak among freaks ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:41 pm 

CosmicE wrote:
I have another take on this:

First, I see no reason why UM/DB can't do both Jamaica and JC.

Second, supposing they do both. With pre-books as they are currently going, by the time UM/DB get announced for JC, it is likely that many fans won't get a chance to get on the boat. By doing both gigs, they give their fans two chances to catch them playing the Carribean.

Your last sentence answered your first. While these bands are some of the bigger names for Jam Cruise, I'm not sure they have enough fans who can afford an expensive trip to perform headliner status on Jam Cruise and also draw people down to Jamaica a month earlier. I think this will be an either/or thing; a lot of the people who would be expected to go to the new event wouldn't go if their money were tied up in going to see Jam Cruise and - conversely- the people who would go on Jam Cruise largely to see those bands are likely to bail on the boat to see the (presumably) cheaper event.

I could be wrong here - all I know is what I've read on the board - but I highly suspect that this event means no UM/DB.

Ain't hesitating,
Ain't deliberating,
I got to see it again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next