The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:33 pm 

Location: Sex is a sick, vile, dirty and disgusting act ... ...If done correctly
lovelylinda wrote:
ElChipperino wrote:
I prefer to stay at the Best Western that is next door to the Culture Room, since it is so convenient for the pre and post shows. Its a very short walk from the Culture Room, a 2 min walk at most. Not the best hotel, but it does have a pool and tiki bar in the center, but what place doesn't down there. That's where my crew will be again this year.

We are also staying at the Best Western, you can't beat the proximity to the culture room.

Did the Best Western have a shuttle for the port or did you have to cab it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:52 pm 

EGO TESTICLE wrote:

Did the Best Western have a shuttle for the port or did you have to cab it?

cab it, but the cab wasn't much at all. the real benefit is being able to walk to/from the Culture Room for the pre/post shows. teh best western i'm referrign to is the Best Western Oakland Park Inn, as there are a bunch of Best Westerns in Ft. L.

"Two on a quaalude, that's bad luck" - Rick Gassko

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:51 pm 

lovelylinda wrote:
ElChipperino wrote:
I prefer to stay at the Best Western that is next door to the Culture Room, since it is so convenient for the pre and post shows. Its a very short walk from the Culture Room, a 2 min walk at most. Not the best hotel, but it does have a pool and tiki bar in the center, but what place doesn't down there. That's where my crew will be again this year.

We are also staying at the Best Western, you can't beat the proximity to the culture room.

no heady late night rides with guys you just met after the pr show...gosh where is your sense of adventure :wink:

WAS MUSIC
-Kurt Vonnegut

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:21 pm 

Faust74 wrote:
...gosh where is your sense of adventure :wink:

i had my adventure last year. i went to the CR for the new years show with spear. my memories of coming home are rather hazy, but it was hard getting a cab after the show as there was a huge line of people so me and my budy started walking. we must have been half way to our hotel by the time we caught a ride. and later on i heard that cabbies are acutally not allowed to pick up passangers on the side of the road like that?

the really funny part of the story was that i woke up with bloody knuckles and had no idea why. we never really found out (even though i have a theory taking into account my general state of mind around that time in my life) but my buddies girl friend told us the next day about a phone call between them that he or i remembered where tony told her i was hitting walls. :shock: needles to say i did not remember any of this or how we got out of the club. i only got back to me walking along the road. then the next evening while chilling in miami i realize i am missing my credit card, so we make the treck back to the culture room and i am allowed to sneak in from the back and ask the bar tender about it during the pre-cruise party: "ah yes, i remember you. you were the one with the tanqueray and tonics. you closed your tab last night." and sure enough i found it under the bed in the hotel room. :lol:

Bob Marley

Post subject: Thanks all, for the helpful info/insights! Ramada
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:57 pm 

Really appreciate all you expert, seasoned, Jamcruise upperclassman/alumni responses!! :wink:

Well, that Bahia place looks sweeeeeet....GOTTA check out their retro penthouses on the harbor--may even have to book one on return!
But, I think this Ramada below might b the SPOT for the 1st night in, simply b/c of limited stay & they have much needed, free shuttles to/from airport/port!
Check it out: http://ramadainnairport.com/accom.htm

Seems to be a nice, fully acceptable one w/ LOTS of amenities...heated pool & free hot breakfast! I'm gonna reserve it w/ 2 double beds by the pool. Who knows, may even decide to stay a few more days here after & hit the beach...very reasonable @$131 w/ all included.

I don't think anyone's playin the CRoom that I really care to hear after or that BW would be a GREAT idea (the Rads r already booked there Fri. & Sat when we return).

news on other potential after-shows in the area that Thurs or Fri??

Well, if anybody's getting in thurs. 1/3 & wants to share the room/looking for a place to crash, lmk!
Dana

Last edited by manyrivers on Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:43 pm 

Location: Sex is a sick, vile, dirty and disgusting act ... ...If done correctly
All set at the Best Western

Thanks for that suggestion

We're going to go to the pre-xruise soiree' at the Culture Room so being close was a great selling point...

.... That and I think I am now banned worldwide from any Sheraton after my little "situation" after JC5 when we got back into port.....

....I mean you tell me.... After waiting for 3 hours to be able to check in, was I out of line telling a 76 year old nun from Kansas, who cut in front of me in line, that I wanted to stomp a mudhole in her little black penguin chest?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:50 pm 

We just booked the Best western by the Culture room.

that was the greatest idea, now I can just walk to and from the Party!!!!

See ya there!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:46 am 

shit i thought this was sold out,it's a decent hotel literally 30 seconds walking distance from culture room

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:52 am 

just booked a room at motel 6 at dania beach baby!!!. only $75.99 plus tax for 4 people and it's about 6 miles from port everglades. yeah, i'm a cheap skate. we only need a bed and maybe a shower so what the he-double hockey sticks?

Post subject: motels reserved!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:26 pm 

hey,
ended up reserving 2 rooms...now have to decide which one...
at the Ramada (king bed only) & at Days Inn (2 doubles), both at airport, with full shuttle transport included, ea. about $120+ tax.
Well, if anyone needs a place that Wed. (1/3) night before, lmk, as I'd love to minimize/share the expense.

I land at 7:30a.m....I know, SUPER early, but the non-stop Jetblue redeye was the way to go from SF, to be sure of not missin' the boat, and I'm just gonna lounge in the sun by the pool until the room's ready! 8)
Dana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:58 pm 

with the pre-show not being at the Culture Room, i guess i'm not staying at the Best Western next door this year.

now the hunt for a new hotel, close to the preshow.

any suggestions??

"Two on a quaalude, that's bad luck" - Rick Gassko

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:59 pm 

ElChipperino wrote:
with the pre-show not being at the Culture Room, i guess i'm not staying at the Best Western next door this year.

now the hunt for a new hotel, close to the preshow.

any suggestions??

I wonder if the Culture Room will still book some Jam Friendly music that night. I sure as hell don't want to go to the Revolution.

I'm just going priceline hotels again until I get one cheap in the area. This year I didn't drink that night, and the next morning was so much better. That also means I can drive myself around and bar hop.

I did start drinking in line to get on the boat at noon :D

Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:54 pm 

We will have the online booking pages for our official hotels up next week. Sorry for the delay, but we wanted to make sure the process is as easy as possible for ya'll.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:08 pm 

Well, we have stayed at the Yankee Clipper before and it is a very nice hotel. Not a bad walk to the strip and its right on the beach. It’s probably about a $7 cab ride to Revolution.

We have also stayed at the Days Inn Bahia Cabana. It’s not a fancy place but its right on the beach across the street from the Yankee Trader. It’s a really fun place with a great outdoor bar and courtyard. I think it was like $140 per night last year.

Not sure which way we are going this year but it looks like the group is leaning to go back to Days Inn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:12 pm 

JustBob wrote:
I wonder if the Culture Room will still book some Jam Friendly music that night. I sure as hell don't want to go to the Revolution.

We can only hope.