The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Yankee Clipper shows rooms for $275
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:12 pm 

The Clipper is more or less adjacent to the beach, but there are at least 3 buildings and the one we stayed in last year was farthest from the water (smelled like bad cigars)...though we did have an beach view. For $275 per night, that's not a great deal. Might check out the Bahia Cabana because we ended up at that hotel bar just about every night anyways. I'd give the Clipper rooms about 2 stars (2.5 because it's on the beach and the brunch is decent). Further up the beach to the north there are a lot more hotels...the ones on the beach are high-rise and probably pricier (300 and up) and a block off are some discount hotels (which might be hard for non-locals to find online). But Revolution is a bit north and west so these hotels would be closer. The airport hotels should be cheaper, but I'm seeing prices all over the place. Lago Mar Resort has 1 BR suites for about $400/night. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:39 pm 

I stayed at a hostel last january. It was a quick bus ride to the beach, it was actually right across the street from the beach but a definate drive from the shopping/eating on Ocean BLVD. It was really cheap, like maybe $20.00 a night, but it was dorm room style, so if you aren't into that kind of thing then disregard my post. Anyway, here's the link- www.fortlauderdalehostel.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:01 am 

Definitely do NOT stay at the Travelodge in Fort Lauderdale. I stayed there after JC4 and it's a total dump, there was not enough parking, and I got munched by bedbugs. Eeeew!

Sometimes you can get a great deal on Priceline. I always rent a car, which helps, but the last few years I've been able to get a car for less than $20/day. One year I got one for $14!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:43 am 

If your going down a few nights early and want a nice place to chill please check out Hotel Biba!

Also check out showtel!

Showtel

Unfortune circumstances placed this years Showtel before this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:20 pm 

stinkd wrote:
I stayed at a hostel last january. It was a quick bus ride to the beach, it was actually right across the street from the beach but a definate drive from the shopping/eating on Ocean BLVD. It was really cheap, like maybe $20.00 a night, but it was dorm room style, so if you aren't into that kind of thing then disregard my post. Anyway, here's the link- www.fortlauderdalehostel.com

LIRR & Mrs. lirr speak very highly of that hostel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:11 pm 

Hey AZ,

I know you and JD are going to stay at the Days Inn with us this time. Correct???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:03 pm 

lightartist wrote:
Hey AZ,

I know you and JD are going to stay at the Days Inn with us this time. Correct???

Nope! We are staying in the RV baby! And Richie & Mindy are staying with us. But they will have a car and we will stay nearby you guys so no worries at all! We have a condo on wheels man...what would you do???
We will stay for a night or two after the cruise at Hilton FTL..we will get a suite so you guys can crash with us. Then we will drive home..have you bought you tickets home yet? You can ride with us..we can do the drive in a night and it will be FUN!! I'm gonna call you!!!
Az