The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dancers/Stilts on JC1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:54 pm 
Does anyone have any info on where the performance artists/vibe people/hulahoop dancer girls/stilt walkers were from on JC1? Are they with a particular company, and if so, how can they be contacted? I'm interesting in using them for an upcoming event. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:16 pm 
I thought they were just normal passengers like the rest of us... Were they really professionals?

Post subject: Vibe people..
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:37 pm 

I think they were normal people.. just brought some of their own special flare................

the vibe cards were made by Chad.. and Doug McCoy my roomies ( no relation to Juilie, whom sure knows how to get down to Karl D)

call Chad at 805-443-2423

See you on the beach........... karl D beach

TC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:48 pm 
I believe the stilt walkers were Paul, Paul Jr., and Paul's other son... imagine that, a whole family of stilt walkers! Supernice people though.

Post subject: vibe people
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:06 pm 

HA we are normal people(allthough professionals). I actually designed the florida card for chad, happy to be part of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:11 pm 

the hula girl "woman of perpetual motion" was Meghan. she paid her own money to be there...definitely not hired by the boat. although she does that purely for her personal pleasure (and yours) you never know, she may entertain 'performing' for a fee. i'll ask her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:14 pm 

Loved the Vibe folks. Ran into them at some random point. All I know is i have a vibe card and a foggy recolection. Cant wait to get my photos back and start reminicing! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:28 pm 

Nite 2 I learned how to juggle and hula hoop... by the 3rd night it was all lost... you don't want to hire me unless you like to watch jugglin' balls go overboard.... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:41 pm 

Meghan 'hula girl' says bring it on, she'd love to hula for moolah.

email me for her contact info at bonnaroodly@yahoo.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:43 pm 
It was crazy awesome to see paul and paul jr. just having a good time like that. Can you imagine your dad on that boat with you, wow what a cool thing to see. And Meghan defines how a hoola hooping should be done. She is at all the big events though, so I am sure you can see her at High Sierra, which all of you should go to if you want to enjoy another hard core throwdown with an all star cast of fans and bands

Post subject: Paul?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:09 pm 
Paul Sr. looked so familiar....what is his last name? Anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:48 pm 

Paul & sons rocked!!! We were so happy to meet them (and they only live an hour away!)

Some of our crew (they named us the "Afrodesiacs" at the award ceremony) were hooping too, along with Megan. :)

http://www.mountainsofthemoon.com

"Forever Family, Forever Grateful"

Post subject: Anti-Gravity Boots
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:32 pm 
:lol: There were no slilts! :lol:

They were ANTI-GRAVITY BOOTS!

Do one of you work for Anti-Gravity? Please tell me more......

Check it out Anti-Gravity.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:26 am 

Hey - YEAH - I met Paul and his sons Paul and Michael. I walked away and left my girlfriend's lighter. Yeah, yeah, I know, how many lighters have you lost at a party? Well, these cats actually found me and gave me my lighter back!!!! How cool is that? My girl was very happy since the lighter actually was a special souvenier of a memorable night with our favorite Florida band - Kynda.

Anyway - thanks to Paul, Paul, and Michael, from the stern of the baot on the pool deck!!!

Dale

The Colonel :mrgreen:

Last edited by FunkMeister on Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Rockin' my world! -thank you to all!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:23 am 
:lol: Hellllllllloooooooo everybody out there! ( Wow! This is weird, I've never done this before)

It's "Meghan the Cat" the hula hoop girl from C-bus, Ohio!

I just wanted to let all the bright, shiny new phamily members out there that I had the time of my life with all of you on that boat!

:) Rockin it under the full moon, surrounded by artists, musicians, dancers, and extraordinary energy......! What more could I ask for???
:arrow: At one point, after having a huge laugh with Ron, Chris and the Carl D crew at kareoke(sp?) and then swing dancing and flipping with "BING" from Tishamingo!!!, I looked around me and saw ALL the hoops spinning, Paul and his sons on their stilts, Adam, Jen , liz and the Afrodeshiac(sp?) crew rockin it out by the pool , Chad and his ViBE crew all in costumes, the bright suit wearing crew on the lawn chairs, Frenchy painting his booty off, Brad with his wig, Nick, Steph, and Eddie dancing away, Eddie, Ralphy, Ryan and the Umphrey's crew getting their groove on, the twins from Cali, Kimmy, and Paula from Cheese getting down, mysister, Bridey rockin it with Gee gee,Bickis, Nate, and Veronica, and Salvadore tuning into the mystics-----at that point I knew I was exactly where I wanted to be!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you ! Thank you ! Thank you!
Be in touch and let me know what festivals you will be at !! We can all have a jam cruise camp site!! I would suggest we all meet at High Sierra !!

:D Cheers to a wonder-full new beginning!
ps- if anyone has good pics, send them my way! I lost my disposable camera the second night!!!!