The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What did you think of Z-Trip
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:17 pm 

Just wondering what people who never heard Z do his thing thought about him.
He killed it on his first set....I never seen hippies get down like that, big ups to you all.
Homeboy also had every record related to sailing, pirates, cruising out there! He cracks me up!

Oh and I'd like to send a special F.U. out to Galactic. They completely disrespected Z-Trip (who is another artist, and musician like them) by setting up thier stage during Z's set. Instead of being able to dance to the artist I paid to see, I had to get out of the Galactic roadies' way. Very unprofessional of them. And they cut Z's meager 1 hour set short, even though he didn't get to start until after 1:00. This forced Z to put down a chill set of just selecting. Stanton is mad cool for jammin with Z a lot, but that last night was so lame on their part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:31 pm 
Z-Trip absolutely killed it. His sets were absolutely amazing as was the drum workshop with Stanton. Incredibly nice guy too. As for Galactic, I believe they have showed more than ample respect for Z-Trip and his art. The guy's had to set-up their equipment. I mean come on. Negativity Sucks. Be positive, look at all the magic that was made this past week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:32 pm 
Loved the Z Trip... and Galactic is just the band... they came to play the show... they had nothing to do with when and how they were scheduled... that's the promoters...

PS I really hope you didn't pay $1000 + just to see one DJ on a boat for an hour!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject: not galactic's fault. Z's reply.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:23 pm 
I don't think Z was that upset by the whole thing. I think he and the band are friends actualy. This was what he said on his message board.

"my second set was a bit of a mess due to all the folks on stage setting up galactic... and for the record... I wasn't at all pissed with the galactic crew/folks.. they were just doing what they had to do to get set up.. I was a bit bummed about the circumstances though... but, hey... you can't win them all. No sweat... just a drag that I wasn't able to get things crackin until the stage was clear... but by that time there wasn't much time left for me to do my thing. Next time I guess."

Here is the whole Jam Cruise thread from Z-trip's message board: http://forums.djztrip.com/showthread.ph ... eadid=6260

I think he had a blast. You could tell he was having fun when he sat in with Galactic and KDTU. I also thought his stuff with Stanton during the drum workshop was fantastic.

Post subject: It broke my heart, too, BPM...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:42 pm 

Regardless whose fault it was or wasn't, it sure did suck that Z-TRIP's final set got thwarted. I'm sure he worked many, many hours coming up with a set for the final night, and was prepared to have us all wiggling our asses off with his skills (and I for one, was ready to cut loose)

BUT

He didn't get to do that, and that's sad. And, yeah, you could say I spent $1000+ to see Z-Trip, because if he hadn't been on the boat, neither would I. So, seeing him getting fucked over during his final performance was a complete bummer for me. It made me feel like someone considered him "just a DJ" rather than the artist he is. Name one other artist on the cruise that they would have done that to. But, it's all good. Just know that we all missed some greatness, the likes of which we will NEVER see again.

Other than that, I thought the cruise was excellent. MOFRO is the shit, and Peter Rowan's Reggaebilly is pretty fuckin cool. KDTU blows me away. And Galactic, well they bring it hard every time I see them play. Bill Nershi and Liza Oxnard were really good, too. Hell, like I said, it was all good. Much more than words can even begin to describe.

BOAT DRINKS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:09 pm 
z trip shredded it, dancedmy ass off his set. he was def a favorite of that last night for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:33 am 

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!

First time I ever saw Z-Trip. Surprised myself by loving it so much.

"This is how a drummer and a DJ get down - GET - GET - GET DOWN!!!"

When he was sittin in with Stanton I was amazed at what I was hearing. I hope somebody took note - that's what a DJ should be doing at a show. I used to think I kind of liked DJ Logic. He has been dethroned by Zack.

Man, that was cool!

Dale