The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jam Cruise #1 Recordings
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:44 pm 

Hey brothers and sisters!

Well I'm going through my tapes of JC#1. I'll be putting these up on BitTorrent individually over the next week or two.

Here's what I came home with. I didn't tape everything but only a very few shows weren't recorded by anybody.

Mofro (both shows)
Peter Rowan's Crucial Reggae (second show that was moved to the ballroom)
Stanton Moorestars
Galactic (first show complete, second show only second set due to gear failure)
The Impromptu Jazz Jam in the Mirage
Umphrey's McGee (sunrise show outside)
KDTU (both shows)
Lot's of Z-Trip (I'll probably put as filler here and there)

I'll post here whenever a show becomes available.

If you have high speed cable or DSL (but not MSN) and have never used BitTorrent give me a shout. I'll see if I can get you up and going.

If you don't have high speed I can't take any B&P's at this time as I probably have between 12-15 hours of work to get these shows out.

Peace,

-e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:32 pm 
Who's got the Disco Biscuits shows??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:44 pm 
sweet, bring on the KDTU

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:57 pm 

thank you! can't wait!

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:54 am 
Way to GO, E!!!!!!

I love tapers.

-Timbo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:35 am 
Ready to torrent when you are

thank ya thank ya

Post subject: bisco
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:48 pm 
yes i hope to god someone taped the bisco

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:53 pm 

Ethan
Thanks again for hitting up the Jazz Session, that was some SICK shit with Wasserman and the gang. Really appreciate you running down their to tape it. How did it come out???
Keep in touch and THANKS,
-Seth

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:59 pm 

Hey Seth!

That *was* some awesome shit. The tape came out ok. The lack of PA and the shape of the room made the drums a little to bright for my tastes but it's not a bad recording.

I'll be getting it up on BitTorrent soon. Tomorrows torrent will be Galactic's first show for those reading.

-e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:02 am 
Yo the Jam Session?

Can ya'll e-mail me with any directions I need to know to get these recordings??? And what is the address of the pictures and/or photos they were downloading? (my shots disappeared with my cam)

We put that night together in a few hours and I think it was truly magical!!! It is satisfying as an artist to utilize valuable experience and create nights like that.

Are you kidding me? Walking up to Wasserman and telling him it would be an honor if could play ... he didn't hesitate ... he said all he wanted to do "was play" ... a true musician.

My best friend, camera man and band mate Eric Crittenden made the best of an opportunity and led the best band he coudl have imagined ... both jams had we ended up recruiting revolving players that included Wasserman, Karl Denson (Lenny Kravitz & his Tiny Universe) on sax, Hope Williams (Deep Banana Black Out) on flute, vocals and sax, Terrance and Jamie of the Dirty Dozen Brass Band on percussion and guitars, DJ Motion Potion from LA using the turn table as an instrument, 4 guys from Tiny Universe sat in including John Staton on drums (a rising star) and David Welth on the Rhodes we also had the guys from a California band the New Monsoon sit in on Latin percussion.

I CAN"T WAIT TO HEAR THIS!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:41 am 

Was there another Jam Session on JC#2?

Because the one I recorded on JC#1 was Eric, Rob, Jamie, Terence and Matt.

-e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:59 am 

Ok - I was ther efor that sick sick SICK JAM in the Mirage Disco. Basically, I wsa wandering the corridors exploring the boat and I cam across some yellow caution tape that had been ripped down. It turned out to be the back entrance to the Mirage Disco.

I walked in and met Jeff Garbaz - WHAT's up Jeff? how's yer cousin Robert? hahaha!! - and he told me what was about to happen. I pulled up a chair, sat down and watched as the drums and bass slowlsy started to fill that room and then Jamie from DDBB started to just slowly rip it up. for thos of you that were there, you know that was just the beginning. The music began a crecendo that never seemed to stop rising and climaxing. I watched completely transfixed the entire time as that room started to fill up with people as word began to leak about what was going down. I knew I was in the right place when I loked around and saw Stanton Moore, Chris Littlefield, and Ron Johnson, all gettin down to the groove.

But for the last time - someone tell me who the line up was - who was the other guitarist and the keys/sax guy? I heard like ten different answers so far.

And Ethan - can;t wait to hear it - bright drums or not!!!

Dale

The Colonel :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:14 pm 
Eric Crittenden was the sax/key player. Jamie and Terrance from DDBB.I'm not sure who the other guitarist was. Those guys really ripped the place apart that night. When people ask me what the musical highlight of the trip was, I mention this jam. Eric is a great musician, and a very nice person. Check out his website www.etcmuzic.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:02 pm 
The guitar player in the JCI jazz improve was from New Orleans and we aren't sure if he played in a band ...

Eric lead the night on vocals, sax and keys ...

OK, how do I download the recording of that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:43 pm 

Anonymous wrote:

OK, how do I download the recording of that?

Patience please....

I'm getting one show per day out. I have KDTU #1 and Peter Rowan transfered so those will be next. After that I'll transfer the Jazz Jam.

If you got high speed cable or DSL go learn about BitTorrent. Download the client from http://bt.degreez.net.

If you don't have high speed you have at least till sunday to find someone who does :shock:

-e