All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:03 pm 

Firm but fair.

Rule #1 - don't nag the tapers.

-tscales

Post subject: Jazz Jam in the disco
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:23 pm 
Hey, I noticed that a few people were in the dark about who all was playing in the jazz jam in the disco.... looks like everyone was accounted for in previous posts but the other guitar player... well, let me tell you... that guy is an asshole. No, I'm just kidding... that guy was me... my name is Matt Grondin and no, I'm not from New Orleans and I don't play in any of the bands that were on the cruise. I'm actually from Jax Beach, FL and was simply on vacation and was fortunate enough to get to play with such great people. But anyway, I would love to see some photos or hear recordings of that jam if anyone has them. Thanks to everyone for being such a great audience to play in front of. peace.

Post subject: Hi Seth it's Crittenden of Mirage Disco Jazz Jam!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:00 pm 

Hey man I hope all is well...I can't wait to hear the tapes man. What a magiucal night it was. I have posted a request for that show before realizing you were already ahed of the game. We have been calling the nights, yes we did it again on the 2nd cruise, "Spontaneous Combustion". Check out my post on 1st page of message board from Crittenden. It has all the complete line ups. For the one you got the line up is as follows. Rob Wasserman-bass, Jamie McLean-guitar(DD Brass Band), Terrence Higgins-drums(DD Brass Band), Jasen-keys(Tishamingo), and my self, Crittenden on sax,keys and vocals. Thanks man....you recording this only makes this phatter man. Thank you doesn't even do it but thanks again. Here's my website: www.etcmuzic.com

Peace,
Crittenden

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:55 pm 

Where do we go to download this music? Any instructions?

I found some stuff on cotapers.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:12 pm 

Everything I taped will be available on COtapers.org. I believe I listed everything I taped at the beginning of this thread.

You'll need BitTorrent to download it. I recommend the SHAD0W's client available at http://bt.degreez.net. He's got a windoze installer so with XP,NT,2000,98 you should be fine.

Althought bittorrent works out of the box there is additional configuration of your network to get it to work well.

THE BEST source for this info is:

http://knowbuddy.dyndns.org:81/torrent/ ... onfig.html

Basically you need to open specific ports for BitTorrent peers to connect ot you. If you do this you should be able to download most of the time at nearly the maximum your internet connection can do.

Try setting it up and if you have problems PM me and I'll see if I can help. Got a few folks rolling on it already.

-ethan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:16 am 
Umphree's Sunrise set coming soon? Or did I miss it? (sorry to be nagging the tapers :oops: :shock: ) And THANKS for the shows!!! They sound sweeeeet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:45 am 

Yes Umphree's coming. Great set I might add.

Anyhow the problem is most folks have long since left the current torrents and I'm having to run seeds for a few of them. I can not transfer DAT's when *ANYTHING* else is running on my computer. So unless some more seeds stick around the current torrents I won't get a chance to transfer the Umphree Mcgee set until things finish completely.

-e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:05 pm 

Reopening torrents now, cap'n :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:58 pm 

Matt G.,

I taped the Tishamingo show on the 11th in the Mermaid Lounge that you sat in on. Great show, nice recording. It's transferred to disc, and if you'd like a copy drop me an address to send it to at wilsonbrooks@hotmail.com

There's also a link for it on bit torrent at http://digitalpanic.org/forumindex/index.php?showtopic=3131&st=0

That was moving kinda slow a couple days ago, so if it's easier you can just drop me an e-mail.

Wilson