The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Keep it low!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:12 pm 
:idea: Remember what was said the last night. I know how hard its going to be NOT to tell every man, woman and child about how Fucking AWESOME of a time that was had by ALL, but if we don't want this thing to get too big(you know how hard it is to get tickets to some shows)
WE MUST KEEP IT LOW. WE MUST! Peace. :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:38 pm 
Don't we get first dibs on rooms anyway?

I think it's safe to say that plenty of us will be back again :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:46 pm 

I've already got my "First Dibs" form filled out... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:37 am 
Did we actually have to fill out the form there or can we still get in on first dibs?

Through the madness of the week I lost mine...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:49 am 
Eh, vareity is the spice of life - I'm hitting jazzfest in style next year for a week - to he11 with customs and waking up to drug dogs.

-T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:13 am 

So no one can spread tapes, and all that video footage should go in the vault... burn your cameras, and forget all about the planned documentary/ DVD!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: 8) :roll: :shock: :wink:

Post subject: Guest is a selfish pig
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:18 am 
What are you saying like a little 4th grader don't tell anyone.
You are not a head you are a selfish jerk!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:12 pm 
Easy tough guy, No need to attack and hate. I'd rather not "BITE" you. I'm just REPEATING what was said on the MAIN STAGE by the PROMOTERS on the last night of the cruise. I didn't hear you attacking him when he was saying it ON STAGE. You do remember that don't you? Or maybe you were too fucked up to remember. Anyway, I realize that its inevitable that the word is going to get out that the Jamcruise is the best music festival. But, remember only one Jamcruise in 2005.
...PEACE...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:23 pm 

If you think this won't get too big, you are living in a dream. I'll do my part to keep ii on the DL, but word will get out REAL fast. I hope I am wrong.

-Dave A.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:28 pm 
what exactly did the promoter say? i thought they were just telling us to keep the "unmentionables" on the down low.

why would they not want us to tell all our friends what a great time we had? i'm telling everyone- next time i want all my friends to be there. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:30 pm 
if it gets "too big"- can't they just add another cruise and actually sell it out at full price this time?

or maybe get us a bigger, nicer boat? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:07 pm 

The thing I see happening is next year they will begin selling deposits for tickets before they book the boat. I bet we see a MUCH larger boat next year with twice as many bands. There are boats that hold 5 to 8 times the amount of people out there. Next year will sell out for sure... And for all you people that think they can hold out to the end and get great deals, I wouldn't count on it! Jam Cruise 2005 baby! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:21 pm 
Jamcruiser_Reno wrote:
The thing I see happening is next year they will begin selling deposits for tickets before they book the boat. I bet we see a MUCH larger boat next year with twice as many bands. :lol:

the part about selling deposits before a boat is booked is most definitely true. they're taking deposits for 2005 as we speak.

personally, i'd love to see it moved to a different ship. while the empress has her charms, i think a lot of people would be willing to spend more money to enjoy better food and accomodations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:28 pm 

I'd like to see a bigger, nicer boat as well, however, more than that, I would like to see a boat that caters to people who like to sleep till 10am and NOT go thru customs.

my 2 bits,

-T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:51 pm 

tscales wrote:
I would like to see a boat that caters to people who like to sleep till 10am and NOT go thru customs.

It is US customs that SUCKS... Key West SUCKS.. Thanks to the heightened sercurity, Bush, and Ashcroft. We need a change of venue. Leave from the US the same way, but not come back to the US until it is all said and done. Example - Ft. Lauderdale -> Dominican Republic -> Bahammas -> BVIs -> Back to US

Or we could just go out to sea and go around in circles for week.