The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:44 am 

Hey wildflower......... our winter is Costa's dry season...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:09 am 

I say we get a rocket ship, next time, and visit Mars or Saturn. In the words of Michael Ray, "Take a journey/Get your tickets here please/To Saturn/One way or round trip."

:lol:

Seriously though, I enjoyed the intimacy on the smaller boat. The interesting dynamic was the lack of physical/mental distance between fans and musicians. I think the smaller environment provided a friendly atmosphere for the artists (and their families) to interact with conert-goers. If Jam Cruise was on a larger boat, you might not see Les and his kids chilling in the hot tub on the sun deck. We were all (figuratively and literaly) in the same boat together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:49 pm 

Keep it low! Yeah right!!

I just got an e-mail from my parents in Massachusetts saying that Jam Cruise was featured in the local paper's Travel section. They said it was a great article and they wished they were on the boat to! (I'm glad that they stayed home :wink: )

http://www.berkshireeagle.com/Stories/0 ... 9,00.html#

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:59 pm 
Well I guess; So much for keeping it low. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:44 pm 
Wow, that's weird. I live in south Florida and there was absolutely NOTHING about it it in the papers when we returned. That's keeping it low! How the heck is it news in Mass. and not FL? Weird...

Post subject: oh yeah!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:35 am 
I gotta say that the RE was the perfect boat for our little JC...the point regarding size has been well stated - and it seems like bigger would be no better, in fact bigger would so change the dynamics that perhaps none of us would want to be on that cruise.
I loved the old wood, the eye cathcing carpets (omigawd!!), and the whole feeling of nostalgia that was absolutely dripping off of the RE - indeed she is one of the few classics still on the circuit.
I say go with the retro yo! Never have I been to festival where they served you a 5 course sit down dinner - damn nice too! Nor have I ever hand my own private waiter offering to bring drinks to me or my mates as we stoood watching the show! Who could ask for more??
They say be careful what you wish for...well I would wish that the boat not change, but maybe the stopovers - like um maybe Jamacia!!! Let's spend the night there with reaggae flowing from the back porch!
Let's get this baby rocking - she deserves our love and support in her twlight years...
I mean really, do we want this to become one of those ALL about the money kinda deals?? Stages and production ain't cheap my friends...

always look on the bright side of life...

just my .02
cha-CHing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:54 pm 
Little boat, big boat
Old ship, new ship...

Whatever... JUST DO IT AGAIN!!! DO IT AGAIN!!!