The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:18 pm 

tscales wrote:
I hope they were paid well.

The servers were paid 100% commission..... With how much we drank on that boat.. They made out very well!!

Post subject: I too was stranded get back to me Jason(Breanne)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:26 pm 
I WAS ON THE DOCK AND SAW THE STAIRS TO THE SHIP AS THEY WERE HALFWAY UP INTO THE DOOR AND THEY WOULDNT PUT THEM BACK DOWN FOR ME AND MY SISTER. THEY SAID "OH WELL, YOURE LATE, YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON TIME." tHEY STOOD IN THE WINDOW AND WERE SMILING AT US. I TOLD THEM THE REASON I WAS LATE WAS BECAUSE SOMEBODY STOLE MY PURSE AND THAT WAS WHEN THE STAIRS WERE STILL IN VISION.
DID ANYONE LOOK UP THAT JONES ACT TO SEE EXACTLY WHAT IS UP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:28 pm 

hmmm, again the waitress i spoke with said something different . . . not that it matters, but, she said they make about 11 cents on each beer they serve.

who knows, but 100% sounds a tad high.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:31 pm 

100% commission means that they were only paid for the beer they sold... If they sell no beer, they make no $$

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:33 pm 
regardless, the cruise lines made a shit ton of money off of liquor sales, not to mention they didn't have to do up a huge ice sculpture or any fancy schmancy presentation as the average cruise goer expects. this profit should have been passed on to the servers for their overtime if they weren't getting large commissions.

IF THIS IS FOR REAL, GATHER ALL THOSE WHO WERE STRANDED AND FILE SUIT AGAINST THE CRUISE LINES.

FURTHERMORE WE SHOULD ALL INSIST THAT NEXT YEAR BE WITH A DIFFERENT CRUISE LINE (LETS TAKE OUR BUSINESS WHERE ITS APPRECIATED)!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:38 pm 
We all should contact the better business bureau and leave our complaint. get all of our names on a paper and send it to them. If they had complaints before maybe something could be done. I will find out a number- if all of us who were stranded say something this could be helped but we all gotta do something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:39 pm 
Also why did they not have a boat to take us to our cruise boat usually they do and you climb a latter to the ship.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:42 pm 
Better Business Bureau number

1-800-828-5000

All of us strandees sould call.

Post subject: Unfortunate accidents
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:04 pm 
I was blessed enough to be on the Maiden Voyage, and had a great time until someones cigarette ash connected with my cornea late night, the 2nd night. I went to the infirmary, which by the way was open only 4-6 hours a day, as well as being "backsatge". I was told the infirmary was closed and after paying a Grand to get on the boat, I was going to have to pay a "doctors fee" of 80$ to get my eye looked at.
I figured after paying that amount of money, I was entitled to minor medical attention without being subjected to an outrageous fee.
On a different note, for the most part the Maiden Voyage went off without a hitch. My heart goes out to the people who were left/detained in Key West. I for one was not happy after seeing Particle play till 5 AM(early cut off for them), and then having to be subjected to customs at 7AM. I was ready with my passport after playing through, but twhen I went down to show them my passport there was a 2 hour line. It was not a pretty scene. I ended up crashing till 2 or 3 and never showing customs anything, therefore leading me to believe that what they were doing, especially at 7AM, was not necessary.
I won't even begin to discuss how we were all hearded out of our rooms at 8AM once we docked at Ft Lauderdale, packed into a small room, and not let off the boat for 2+ hours....all the while drug dogs were going through our rooms.
I still had a great time, I don't mean to come off negative, but there was a lot of things that should have been changed but Jomo/Mad House/Imperial Majesty should have done different.
I'm going on the moe. cruise on a Norweigen Cruise-liner, and I doubt if any of this shaddy business will take place.
Much love to everyone I spent time with, Chiquita krew, you guys rule! Thanks for taking me in.
--Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:46 am 
im not able to get through to the cruise lines about this yet, but ive called the BBB and am filing a complaint about this.
my attorney says to do what we are doing and keep averyone informed and get as many people active about this. he said a lawsuit could be made if neccessary against the cruise lines, he is looking into it. I dont want to go there but if they push this jones act, i will. ill know more about it next week.
In the meantime, call the BBB or go to the site to make a complaint against the cruise lines http://www.bbbsoutheastflorida.org/ is the site

this is the responsibility of the cruise lines. it was handled poorly, they could have averted all these problems by JUST OPENING THE DOOR AND LETTING EVERYONE ON THE SHIP! they had the power to do so and chose not to. we all missed out on alot of our cruise we paid for...
it was a prejudice action against us and we as a group (all on the cruise) should stand up for this, its our responsibility to stick together, if it happened to you, you would expect the same thing.
i feel if this cruise line is used again next year, its the jamcruise organizers way of saying that its OK to do this and that they do not stand behind the pasengers who spent their hard earned money (we spend about 4000.00 total for the 2 of us)...
i will keep everyone posted on my progress with the lawyer, i have a meeting with him tuesday 1/20/04
keep it up! dont let this one go!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:58 am 
have you talked to the jamcruise team or madison house about it yet? is there anything they can do to help?

good luck to all of you!

Post subject: missing the boat
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:40 pm 
I believe that we should all be reimbursed the 300+ dollars we spent trying to get our luggage and for transportation back to Ft. Lauderdale. I would like to see Madison House travel post a reply to at least apologize for the lack of comunication as to what time to be back on the boat.

This was a serious lack of preperation and communication on their parts, and I expect to be refunded for this Jones act law.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:51 pm 
The cruise line should have done a better job on making sure everyone was made aware of the departure times. I know they made sure were aware of how many minutes we had to purchase off boat tours before the tour desk was closed about 5 million times on the PA system.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:02 pm 
Couple of things. The $300 fine is not a ship fine, this is the US Immigration fine for processing unscheduled entries. Jamcruise, Regal Empress, nor any of the promoters have any control of this. This is the LAW and connot be changed. Should people be re-imbursed, that's a whole different story...

On the comments about the crew and the working environments...yes, they worked 20 on, 4 off. Crazy, but they also made more money on us than they have ever made in the history of the boat. This came from the captain. As a matter of fact, after every Jamcruise they threw a party for the crew of the boat for the money they were making on these two cruises. So don't feel so bad for them.

Post subject: $300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:02 pm 
I BELIEVE THAT US CUSTOMS CHARGED THE SHIPS MASTER WITH A JONES ACT VIOLATION BY LEAVING BEHIND 31 PASENGERS THIS FINE WAS A 300 $ / PAX. THE CREW AND SHIP CHARGED EACH PASSENGER 300$ TO RECOVER THEIR MONEY BECAUSE THEY DID NOT WANT TO TAKE THE LOSS OF OVER 9,000 $ FOR THEIR MISTAKE.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next