The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:21 pm 
Man...
I'm not believing I'm reading this! Screw those corporate bleach blonde cruise staff anyway! I feel so bad for everyone who had to deal with that. Be a stone inna hurricane and hold fast to what is right. Ya'll need your money back and an apology.
Poor cruise workers having to work for a living like the rest of us! At least ya'll kept them busy and showed them what a serious bunch of fun our people like to have!
Many hopes to everyone that ya'll are good!

Stone inna Hurricane!

Post subject: missing the boat
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:33 pm 
You need to contact this complaint department, in email form, to try and get our money back.
They said they will investigate the matter with the ship.

complaints@fmc.gov

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:13 pm 

has anyone heard any response to this fiasco from madison house or annabel or the rest of the jamcruise team?

i really, really hope they think twice before booking this cruiseline next time.

i think we were all able to overlook the "little things"- (yucky food, disgusting bathrooms, musty moldy smells). no one came into this thing expecting the epitome of luxury. and for the most part, everyone had a total blast. (thank you!)

but what happened to these 31 people in key west is inexcusable. rolling up the gangway while people are waiting on the dock and just leaving them there??? causing them added travel expenses, a bullshit fine, and missing out on a priceless night of music??? it didn't even happen to me, and i am still irate.

please, please, please find us a new cruiseline for next year. i really, really don't want to put any more money into the pockets of a company that has treated our group like this. it disgusts me.

thanks for listening.

Last edited by grayson on Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:16 pm 
The total barbill for the maiden voyage was the highest ever for that ship up until that point, Im not sure if CruiseII topped it. Heads like to drink a bit, eh?
I was on jamcruiseII and heard about the people left in Key West. I even heard that part of Galactics crew was left behind. I actually didnt believe it at the time that I heard it, I thought it was another cruise rumor until I read this confirmation.
sux big time. sorry to hear that it happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Everyone,

I just got back from Florida today.

I will repond to this once I talk to the ship and a couple of other people.

I'm sorry this all happened, but trust me, it was WAY beyond the staff of Jam Cruise. I didn't even know anything about it till much later. We will do what we can to help all of you.

Julie McCoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:38 pm 

Didn't these people already go through customs at 7am before they even got off the boat in the first place? I dont want to get into this argument, but the whole thing doesn't make sense. What was that customs nonsense for anyway????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:42 pm 
Site Admin

It wasn't customs, it was immigration.

And what we went through that morning in Key West has nothing to do with what happened when we left the dock.

We are looking into the whole situation, we also think it is unfair that the boat left everyone, especially when we (Jamcruise) had nothing to do with it.

Please be patient with us.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:39 am 
Noone want to set blame before the facts are worked out but its disheartening when you deny any fault before the facts are uncovered.
jason h
pittsburgh, pa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:59 pm 
jsunstar wrote:
i will keep everyone posted on my progress with the lawyer, i have a meeting with him tuesday 1/20/04
keep it up! dont let this one go!

Any updates? What'd the attorney say?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:31 pm 
the cruise lines are sending a letter out. (prob some BS denial of responsibility) the lawyer wants all the information as i get it. he is one of my customers as well as a friend so i see him weekly, ill keep you guys posted.he says he can get the info together and call them for us. hes pretty aggressive.
i hope the jamcruise organizers put a little pressure on the cruise line. If they do, they will see the power of our community and know we are not people they can toss around...
the point is to stick together and be positive, if we are abandoned by our own people, were doomed. (i already see alot of that from these unsimpathetic peoples posts...) i hope this is not the case...

IMP.MAJ said we will see letters this week.
jason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:41 am 
the imp. maj. had the balls to charge the 300.00 to my girlfriends card today even know she was only using it to pay for our tickets through madison house. the boat never had it. they didnt have access to the card unless someone gave it to them.???
she never signed for it nor did she get a bill for it, they just went and charged the card anyway, theats VERY ILLEGAL
how did this happen i ask? i dont know madison house travel wont call me back anymore.

has this happened to anyone else???
my lawyer will be pressing criminal charges now!!!! yep, this has gotten worse than it had to be, now the ship people have gone and pulled credit card fraud, they didnt have permission to use the card.
dann , this is getting complicated.
a little help and pressure from our precious organizers and this would have all gone away.
thanks for all the help guys, good to see the community support in resolving this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:53 am 
Has she called the credit card company to dispute the charges? If she didn't authorize it, hopefully the credit card company can take it off her bill.

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:19 pm 
did madision house really give the ship your credit card number? can they do that legally??? :(

Post subject: Stranded in Key West
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:23 pm 
Hi All, First I would like to say that I was on JC2 and had the time of my life! Please understand that I'm on my fellow passengers and music lover's side but I also work in the Cruise Shipping and Maritime Industry regarding Satellite Communications. If anyone had to pay the crazy rate of $8.50/min to make a phone call or whatever Imperial Majesty charged for Internet Service that's exactly what I sell Imperial Majesty Cruises... a Satellite Communications Pipe and Connection. I must admit that I partied and danced as hard as anybody else on JC2 but I thought the ship, crew and Madison House made it very clear that everybody had to be back onboard by 4:30pm. But for anyone that actually was either at the dock or on the gangway before the ship set sail was refused entrance even if you had your ID Card, then that's B.S. and totally unacceptable! If someone arrived to the dock and the ship was alraedy gone, then I'm sorry that's on you and we're all mature adults. Regarding the $300 fine that's been the law for many, many years under the Jones Act. It's not set by the Cruise Lines as many of you have stated, it's U.S. Customs and Immagration. This is an American Law believe it or not. If anybody needs to conatct a lawyer, you may want to think about consulting a Maritime Lawyer and not a regular defense attorney. Maritime Law is completely different and a normal lawyer would not know all the loopholes to jump through if yiou know what I mean. Regarding Madison House finding another Cruise Line or ship for next year, that's not as easy as it sounds. Again, I've been living in Ft. lauderdale now for 15 years and have always worked in the Private Superyacht and Cruise Shipping Industry and I was AMAZED HOW COOL AND LAX THE CREW AND STAFF WAS WITH OUR CRAZYNESS AND THIRST FOR HAVING A GOOD TIME! I've now been on over 150 cruises which is not as great as one may think. Usually the average Passenger age is 65-75 yrs old and there is definately NOT ANY MUSIC THAT EVEN COMES CLOSE TO THE MUSIC IN THE DISCO BY THE DJ's not to mention THE BANDS!!! Almost all Cruise Lines, ecspecially the larger ones like Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Princess or Holland American would NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT HOSTING A SPECIAL EVENT THAT WE WERE SO FORTUNATE TO EXPERIENCE. Please remember that the Cruise Industry is a VERY SMALL WATERFRONT and word spreades very easy and quick. I have to say this because if we all make such a large stink about this with Madison House and Imperial Majesty Cruises there may not ever be another Jam Cruise! It is is a very short and limited list of Cruise Ships and Lines that would again even consider hosting a great event like this. Regarding the Crew making a boatload of money off us in tips. I'm sorry but they bust their asses and don't paid squat. Why do you think there is NO AMERICAN CREW onboard. They are always Philapino and surprisingly the ladies were mostly Litharanian or Bulgarian. They pnly get paid least than $2.00USD/hr. and they most likely have to split their tips amongst everybody on the staff. I actually thought the crew did a great job and the food was average for what we paid to see such great music and such a short Cruise. Please remember that the Regal Empress is a tired gal as we say in the Maritime world being that she was built and launched in 1953. But please realize that actually Imperial Majesty turned the other cheeck in my mind many times in order for us to enjoy ourselves as we have grown accustomed to. BUT THIS IS NOT THE NORM ON A CRUISE. You have every reason to be upset if you got left behind ecspecailly again if you were at the dock before the ship set sail and refused entry. If this was you, then you should consult legal advice but maybe better from a Maritime Lawyer. But also bear in mind, that we all shouldn't Rock the Boat too much or WE May Just Tip The Boat Over and there never will be another JAM CRUISE AGAIN. I KNOW NOBODY WANTS THAT TO HAPPEN BECAUSE WHAT A GREAT 4 DAY GIG THAT WAS!!! can anyone remember a more intimate concert setting and enviroment than that and with so many awesome bands? PEACE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:28 am 
wow, nice response.
i feel you. i know where our responsibilities lie.
i know the law, im not stoooopid. its just an injustice to the lost at sea.
im sick of the gang of you that cant see the lack of community i (we) have felt.
in the day, this would have never happened, the community uprise would have let all know that we would not stand for letting the few be left behind. physically and metiphorically.
i lament the way the jam crowd has given up the fight.
im not speaking for a generation but my older sisters were there and they say you all suck, in their age this would not happen, we would all have boycotted this cruise line and if they wanted our buisness, they would have levied this fine.
im not a trust fund kid, i work for my money. the 600.00 me and my girl paid really hurts. (plus the other money we spent) I bust my ass for every dollar i make, im self employed. i service fishtanks for a living and im very contientious about it. i went on this cruise to be closer to this world and the hassle we had overshadowed every bit of fun we had out of bitterness.
i know i talk for most, we feel dejected.
i dont care if you want us ther or not next year, i will not be there, i feel we were let down by our fellow partymongers. if it comes down to each their own, youve all lost the concept.
it makes me sick.
this is the last time i will post to this board, im not even interested enough to see your replies. it matters nothing to me.
i do enough camping festivals with real people. this was not a waste of time for me. my eyes are open. i see how some of you are. i met some real people on this trip who i am glad to have met and i hope you lives are fulfilled. the rest of you ingrates can eat me. i hope you see the light.
a close friend told me once that "the world, its not all made of gold, the richest part of being human is how we treat each other"
this is the last post from me. i tire of the drama.
i dont feel i have to defend myself to you.
good luck next year, i hope you all have fun
dont dose any more bartenders next year, its not cool!
dejected,
jason
pittsburgh, pa
if your involved, keep in touch as you have been, this forum is for the weak.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next