The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: She tried to kill my buzz
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:52 pm 
Hey you - you know who you are.

You're the girl who tried to kill my buzz.

While at the Bisco late night show, you stopped me and asked me "who I worked for."

Then you had the AUDACITY to tell me I was not allowed to take pictures of the artists and to further tell me that I was not allowed to stand near the stage.

Now that I have regained my senses and am no longer as "altered" as I was at that moment, I wanted to send out a big WTF to you.

It must have been hard for you to keep all those people out there from using their cameras like you TRIED to do to me.

All I know is one thing: I hope I never see your mean face again.

And to think, I WAS going to remember you as the LINE NAZI from the cruise terminal who was yelling at me and my friends as we tried to figure out which line to get in.

I'm sooo happy I got to see your TRUE COLORS when you revealed yourself at stage-side that night.

I'll be sure to share my pix with all the other cruisers - yes, because I want to but now I'll enjoy it even more cause it'll piss you off!

Thanks for trying to deny me the memories.

I'm guessing you have some pathetic existence outisde the confines of that boat so when given a little authority - you abused it.

You're a mean person and I'm glad I shelved these feelings til just now. You did not ruin or impact my experience at all.

Someone out there knows who you are. You had one of the lanyards around your neck indicating you were working the scene, you're kind of tall, mayeb 5'10", long dark hair, and annoying and bossy as the day is long. I'm guessing you're affiliated with the Disco Biscuits but I could be wrong.

Again - I only wanted to send you the sentiment that I was incapable of sharing at the time. At the time I was happy happy happy and I was not about to let someone kill my buzz. When you tried to I just walked away from you and forgot about it. So, in case you missed it here it is again:

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!

Whoever hired you needs to reconsider next year. You're a downer. With my luck you're probably a band girlfriend or something - Hope he dumps you soon - at least before the next cruise.

Anybody ever watch that tv show that revisits pop-culture of the 1980s? I think it's on E! or something. Anyway, Gilbert Gottfried always does the WTF moment of whatever year they're doing. You are the winner of the WTF moment of JamCruise 1.

To the other 999 passengers - YOU ROCK! Thank you one and all (except picture nazi) for making this the best party I have ever been to in my life (and I have been to some multi-day ragers!).

Love,
Cameraboy

Post subject: No one can kill my buzz!!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:57 pm 

I've got tons of great pix. Are we not supposed to share them? Was I supposed to take them?

Actually, I remember a rule about not using FLASH photography and I was very carful and respectful not to. Hey man - were you using Flash? maybe that's why she yelled at you!

I offered up a BnP of my pix earlier but now I'm hesitant - I don't wanna break any rules!!!!!

Or incur the wrath of the picture nazi LOL!!!!!!!!

Dale

The Colonel :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:26 pm 

My friend ran into this waste of space too. I purposely missed the 2nd Disco Biscuits show because of her. If she is not affiliated with them, sorry I missed you guys. If she is....then fuck the Disco Biscuits! Pardon my language, but just hearing about that bitch pissed me off!!

But damn what a fun time on that boat! :mrgreen:

Post subject: cameras
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:29 pm 

same thing happened to me during biscuits 2nd night....it's a band policy....plain and simple. the other bands were letting people shoot and you could take pics of the biscuits if you just weren't right in their grill. those working for the band still *technically* had to do their job. i was bummed at first but cooled off after a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:57 pm 

The Slapaho Nation shall show no pity to the Picture Nazi...she will be scalped next year; if she doesn't get dumped first.

Part of the greatness about the cruise is coming home and showing pictures to friends and being able to say, "See, look how close I was to all of this incredible music..."

As far as musicians and flash bulbs go: get used to it. If you're a musician/rockstar and you can't handle people taking your picture, then you need to go and sell aluminum siding somewhere and forget about music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:59 pm 

OH MY FREAKIN GOD!!!

After talking with a friend of mine who was on the cruise with us - NOW I know who this girl was. I can see her face very clearly - yep long dark hair, very tall, and very out of place by being so ANNOYING AND BITCHY!!!!

I know of at least two people who had comments to make and stories to tell about her!!! Just like everyone had a run in (or two) with the schwilliest kid!!!!!

I seriously hope someone from this board knows who she is and lets her know what's up. I don't think I am mistaken when I say that she IS affiliated with the Disco Biscuits... I'm fairly certain she was there for Bisco Bingo and I saw her bossing someone around.

Chick - whoever you are - you need to check that attitude of yours! the comment about abusing authority to compensate for her off-ship life (or lack thereof) is probably dead on!

If I make it to the Culture Room shows this weekend for the two Bisco shows that are happening, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for her. Maybe even take her picture!!!!

Dale

The Colonel :mrgreen:

I kind of feel a little sorry for her now. Maybe she'll read this and take it to heart.

Post subject: Re: cameras
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:08 pm 

carm wrote:
it's a band policy

Screw them. I will NEVER see the Disco Biscuits....ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:13 pm 

were you using a flash?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:20 pm 

As far as musicians and flash bulbs go: get used to it. If you're a musician/rockstar and you can't handle people taking your picture, then you need to go and sell aluminum siding somewhere and forget about music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:23 pm 
i agree, if your a well reknowned musician, GET USED TO IT! 'you gotta take the fleas with the dog' there are many positives and negatives to the rock star life, and getting your picture taken (flash or not) is all part of it.
trying to create a world for yourselves that provides you with all the positives and no negatives at the expense of the fans that got you where you are will get you a big kharma kick in the ass. music is about spreading and sharing the good energy inside of you through your music and your presence.

if this is the kind of energy behind the biscuits, i don't think i want to contribute to or be a part of their scene, as it is negative, selfish energy.

SOMEONE TAKE THIS GIRLS PICTURE AND POST IT HERE SO WE CAN ALL AVOID HER AND EXPOSE HER FOR WHAT SHE IS AND IS NOT.

Otherwise, sorry for the negative post, the cruise rocked and I hope to see (most) all of you next year!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:25 pm 

i think it's considerate to not flash bright lights into someones eyes when they are trying to focus and concentrate on their jam. but that's just me...

still doesn't justify some chick wandering around the crowd being a dick about it though. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:28 pm 

I was given a hand over my video camera by a Disco Biscuits crew member. He grabbed my video camera and said "NO VIDEO".... I was very much "on the HIGH seas" at the time and it killed my buzz for like .2 seconds... I got over it and continued to surf the boat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:32 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
music is about spreading and sharing the good energy inside of you through your music and your presence.

The vibe I got from them and their fans was definitly a negative one. They all seemed kind of shady. It was because of this that I wasn't too upset about missing thier set.

I too am sorry for the negativity. :oops: I am done with this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:36 pm 

This posting is really bumming me out about the Disco Biscuits. I wish we could get their side before continuing the flogging...

But if you don't want your fans to have their momentos and keepsakes, then what business do you have being an entertainer?

I am a musician and I get the camera thing just about every night. It used to bother me, I assume much in the same way that it bothers the Disco Biscuits. Then one night while I was bitching about being blinded as I am trying to look at the fretboard, a girlfriend of mine humbled me. Says she, " That three seconds of flash-blind is just that, 'three-seconds of flash blind.' But to whoever was taking the picture it's a tangible representation of a memory that will last a lifetime..."

That really put things into perspective for me, and maybe the Biscos need it said to them.

Flash on.

www.dreadlesscluepitt.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:24 pm 

Okay, so if this is true, TDB is trying to tell us they can play in near darkness, intermingled with flashing stage lights, while playing transfusion rock (while at times being fucked up beyond belief), but if someone takes a flash-picture it screws with them?

CUT THE CRAP.

I love their music, but this is a band that could be 10 times greater than they even are now if they took half of what they do seriously, instead of worrying about flashbulbs.