It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:39 pm 
us particle folk are very very nice.

how mean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:05 pm 
I was approached by this person while drinking a beer out of mardi gras cozzie w/ a strap. She actually grabed me by the arm and "gently" spun me around, asked where the camera was. She evently saw it was a beer cozzie w/ a strap and walked off. I was offended, but unharmed. I love the power of a LAMMY! :twisted:

Post subject: picture nazi
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:20 pm 

fyi my best friend's got a "jb junkie" shirt that i love....and i dont think she really cares what ppl think about it

Post subject: DMT i dont think so!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:33 am 
Anonymous wrote:
i cannot handle DB at all. ive given them so many tries but they dissappoint me every time. The guitar work is pitifull. I couldnt believe that they would start out a jam with a pre-recorded twitchbox jam and then start playing along with it. maybe their fans smoke too much DMT and have lost their minds, think they are amazing, but its a bunch of smoke and mirrors. Too many effects and not enough honest instrumentation. They sounded like pure hell their last night on the open deck. soo fucked up and incohherant^sp. we sat there by the pool hoping for some good music but it just didnt happen.

bad comment on the dmt. bisco kids are more like cracked out H freaks.
at least thats what we saw at bonnaroo, slammin the h in tents the whole time. c'mon now thats not the energy we need/want to be around.
and to all u not f/u congratulations.also not all are f/u just the majority...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:37 pm 
the funniest part of this thread is that you folks are chastizing kids for behavior that at one point in time you most likely engaged in. this is like a reformed cigarette smoker hassling their friends to quit. now, might it be true that a good number of the negative spinsters of this thread (i.e talking about rabid biscuits fans) were brought up on the grateful dead, phish, or wsp? depending on your age or location? Might you have been rabidly fierce about one of these bands only to have them open your eyes to other styles of music, while they maintained your primary interest? so what gives? biscuit kids are no more rabid than the hardcore deadheads, phisheads, or what have you. it seems to me this ravenous, bisco crack phenomena is an extension of something else. a lot of other bands have lost their luster and their fans are no longer ravenous. maybe the bands and their fans have gotten older and slowed down a little. maybe the biscuit fanbase is significantly younger and still considerably more virile than the other circles that exist. besides didn't you party when you were a kid. hell I did. moe, used to have a ravenous fanbase. back in the early-mid nineties shit was on fire. those guys are still good, but the flame is not as hot as it once was. those guys changed gears and chose a more adult path. imo something is lost b/c of it. most jambands follow this path. the reason I am so ravenous about the disco biscuits, the same way I was about the gd and even phish once upon a time, is because their shit is still going full tilt , it is compelling, imaginative, and they are a band who is continually reinventing themselves. i'm sorry if you are missing it. the most hardcore biscuits don't use substances, they got off on the music. the kids you see fading out are not what it is all about. if they weren't part of the disco biscuit scene, they might be a part of yours. you should be thankful. no one likes a kid who can't keep hir shit together and unfortunately those kids are everywhere, not just with the biscuits. part of being a harcore biscuit kid is keeping your composure. those of you lambasting with these negative generalizations really have no clue. you sound old and bitter. you see something you once had, but have now given up. the biscuits will live long past the 05. the thing that keeps me laughing all the way home is that it will be your kids will inherit your musical fever when they are 15 and hear the biscuits for the first time and for whatever reason you associate your anger with the disco biscuits, it will bubble to the surface. my assertion is that the biscuits will ride the crest until the end. if you let negative people and bullshit drama prevent you from witnessing the magick, than you are missing the point completely. all i'm trying to say is you create the same kind of negativity that you are calling out. try going to just listen to the music. go by yourself. and stand right next to the soundboard. close your eyes and listen to what is going on. i recommend cupping your hands behind your ears to get full saturation. ignore the people. ignore the drama and enjoy the music. unfortunately it may be a little while before their is another opportunity. btw the biscuits are turning kids to all kinds of new music the same way those have come before them, but instead of blugrass or jazz, kids are getting exposed to progessive electronic and experimental music for the next millenium. i think the central irony of this whole negative spin has its roots in the al bundy condition. selling shoes and living in the glory of days gone by. seems a lot of the old schoolers are caught in this spin. sorry you all are so bitter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:14 pm 
P.S. you sound just like my parents talking about the grateful dead

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:18 pm 

The funniest part of this thread is that it still is getting posts.

Can we say enough already? Wait a minute, never mind, far be it from me to stifle or censor. Keep it up ya'll, just keep it up.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:28 pm 
This says it all foks, this is the best post on this thread. Good job Guest.

Anonymous wrote:
the funniest part of this thread is that you folks are chastizing kids for behavior that at one point in time you most likely engaged in. this is like a reformed cigarette smoker hassling their friends to quit. now, might it be true that a good number of the negative spinsters of this thread (i.e talking about rabid biscuits fans) were brought up on the grateful dead, phish, or wsp? depending on your age or location? Might you have been rabidly fierce about one of these bands only to have them open your eyes to other styles of music, while they maintained your primary interest? so what gives? biscuit kids are no more rabid than the hardcore deadheads, phisheads, or what have you. it seems to me this ravenous, bisco crack phenomena is an extension of something else. a lot of other bands have lost their luster and their fans are no longer ravenous. maybe the bands and their fans have gotten older and slowed down a little. maybe the biscuit fanbase is significantly younger and still considerably more virile than the other circles that exist. besides didn't you party when you were a kid. hell I did. moe, used to have a ravenous fanbase. back in the early-mid nineties shit was on fire. those guys are still good, but the flame is not as hot as it once was. those guys changed gears and chose a more adult path. imo something is lost b/c of it. most jambands follow this path. the reason I am so ravenous about the disco biscuits, the same way I was about the gd and even phish once upon a time, is because their shit is still going full tilt , it is compelling, imaginative, and they are a band who is continually reinventing themselves. i'm sorry if you are missing it. the most hardcore biscuits don't use substances, they got off on the music. the kids you see fading out are not what it is all about. if they weren't part of the disco biscuit scene, they might be a part of yours. you should be thankful. no one likes a kid who can't keep hir shit together and unfortunately those kids are everywhere, not just with the biscuits. part of being a harcore biscuit kid is keeping your composure. those of you lambasting with these negative generalizations really have no clue. you sound old and bitter. you see something you once had, but have now given up. the biscuits will live long past the 05. the thing that keeps me laughing all the way home is that it will be your kids will inherit your musical fever when they are 15 and hear the biscuits for the first time and for whatever reason you associate your anger with the disco biscuits, it will bubble to the surface. my assertion is that the biscuits will ride the crest until the end. if you let negative people and bullshit drama prevent you from witnessing the magick, than you are missing the point completely. all i'm trying to say is you create the same kind of negativity that you are calling out. try going to just listen to the music. go by yourself. and stand right next to the soundboard. close your eyes and listen to what is going on. i recommend cupping your hands behind your ears to get full saturation. ignore the people. ignore the drama and enjoy the music. unfortunately it may be a little while before their is another opportunity. btw the biscuits are turning kids to all kinds of new music the same way those have come before them, but instead of blugrass or jazz, kids are getting exposed to progessive electronic and experimental music for the next millenium. i think the central irony of this whole negative spin has its roots in the al bundy condition. selling shoes and living in the glory of days gone by. seems a lot of the old schoolers are caught in this spin. sorry you all are so bitter.

Post subject: a good reason
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:10 am 
To leave DB off the next cruise

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:01 am 

the biscuits are some of the most talented musicians making music these days. most of their fans are terrific people, too. please let go of your negativity, or try to poison some other message bd with it. enough's enough. why do you keep harping on what's wrong (in your not so humble opinion)? help create something more positive, instead of spreading your bad vibes, ad nausseum.