The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm So Glad
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:40 am 

I'm so glad
I'm glad... I'm glad.... I'm glad

:mrgreen:

Can't stop listening to that Bruce and Grant show from the first night, it just makes me feel so darn groovy..... and GLAD!

Big THANKS once again to taper Steve for being in the right place at the right time to capture that one for us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:44 am 

Holy crap, when they played that song on the Pool Deck II stage I almost went into full face melt mode. They rocked into this deep deep jam that was being driven by the Bass players from the Nocturnals. I forgot his name. Don't know who that dude was. He had a sprained wrist...

Yeah, man. I'm f'n Glad alright. Real f'n Gald.

It was the best show of the cruise for me. Grant Grren Jr. and the Col. w/ Moore and that dude...on the bass. was that really Bryan Dondero?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:00 am 

august dupree wrote:
Holy crap, when they played that song on the Pool Deck II stage I almost went into full face melt mode. They rocked into this deep deep jam that was being driven by the Bass players from the Nocturnals. I forgot his name. Don't know who that dude was. He had a sprained wrist...

It was the best show of the cruise for me. Grant Grren Jr. and the Col. w/ Moore and that dude...on the bass. was that really Bryan Dondero?

That show was really damn good and it was the second best show they played on the boat. I'd love to have them back next year, only on the real pool stage instead of the backup.

Ain't hesitating,
Ain't deliberating,
I got to see it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:49 am 

Does anyone have a link to that via bt.etree.org/archive.net/cotapers.net? Would love to hear that show again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:01 pm 

zzyzx wrote:
august dupree wrote:

It was the best show of the cruise for me. Grant Green Jr. and the Col. w/ Moore and that dude...on the bass. was that really Bryan Dondero?

That show was really damn good and it was the second best show they played on the boat. I'd love to have them back next year, only on the real pool stage instead of the backup.

Agreed. Bruce and Grant need a bigger stage and time slot next year. :lol:

It's kind of funny that 2 of my top 3 shows this year came from 2 line-ups I'd never heard play together before with both shows taking place in the Beverly Hills Bar before the Jam Room officially kicked off each night(magicgravy being the other show). Since I had no idea what to expect from either of those sets, I feel pretty fortunate to have attended both of them considering there were plenty of other options that I was familiar with playing at the same time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:03 pm 

Golgiguy wrote:
Does anyone have a link to that via bt.etree.org/archive.net/cotapers.net? Would love to hear that show again!

You'll find that and more from the cruise in this link:
http://bt.etree.org/?search=cruise&cat=0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:11 pm 

I don't know if they have enough material for a bigger slot.

I just listened to the "I'm So Glad" and heard the Jazz Fest reference in the lyrics. I updated my sig based on a different version I have.

Ain't hesitating,
Ain't deliberating,
I got to see it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:15 pm 

Going to see Bruce & The Alliance tomorrow night here in Atlanta. I sure hope Grant is playing with them as he has in the past.
Phamilyguy (or however it's spelled), your comment leads me to the next topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:32 pm 

I loved both of the Bruce and Grant sets, but that first night in the piano bar absolutely freakin' BLEW MY MIND. I deliberately set out to see Col Bruce, but did not know who Grant Green Jr was.... and certainly didn't expect the all-star line-up of "the band" = WOWZA!!!

The general feeling of those near me was that we simply could not believe our luck. the sound and energy in that room was unbelievable.... so much so that some other music I had been looking forward to ended up feeling just a tad bit anti-climatic, to me at least.

A friend talked to Col Bruce at some point on the cruise, and he said it was the favorite set of music he has played in *years*.... and that George Porter Jr was a big reason why.

I'm sooooooo FREAKIN' glad!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:35 pm 

Thanks phamilyguy, but that link only takes me to bt.etree's website.
I'm searching it now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:18 pm 

is the 2nd pool stage set available anywhere? I didn't think I saw any tapers around up there that day, but... figured it was worth asking....!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:37 pm 

Oh yeah! There was a taper there on the Phil side of the stage. I don't know who it was. I was so busy rockin out that I forgot to introduce myself. But he WAS there and tape WAS rolling.

Who was that guy? Anyone, anyone?

I remember walking around behind the speaker at one point and I had this ridiculous argyle shirt on. Well the Col. looked at me and then took a double take like, who the hell is that guy? I think he though he knew me. It was my first time really seeing the Col. and I am blessed. It was one of those show moments that we all have from time to time that send a chill down the old spine and we never forget. Come to think of it, maybe he was like, hey wait, I KNOW that guy!

Bummed I missed the first show but there was something magic about the way they followed up the Grace set out in the sun and nothing beats an outdoor show. Nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:23 am 

Nice to know there was a taper -> thanks!! will keep my eyes open and do some pokin' around to see if I can track it down..