The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DID ANYONE GET................
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:58 pm 
Hey --

THERE SHOULD BE PICTURES FROM JCII UP SHORTLY! PLEASE VISIT www.jammedonline.com AND AFTER ENTERING THE SITE FIND THE JAMCRUISE PHOTO GALLERY -- CLICK ON IT AND LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK -- THIS SHOULD BE UP LATER TONIGHT IN FULL!
-----------
Just wondering if many people on JCII got a free shirt or music from JAMMED ONLINE MAGAZINE?

There were 300+ live sets at the bottom of the steps in a box next to the merch room and there were also about 150 shirts floating around. I know the boat staff (the foreigners) were robbing us of the shrits and taking 2-3 a piece when we weren't looking just because they were free, colorful, and American............I am just hoping some heady kids got some and that the music wasn't all snatched up by them too!

Anyway -- drop a post and let me know if you got anything please so I know my efforts weren't for nothing. Besides that enjoy the music, shirts and memories!

Post subject: freebies
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:19 pm 
Just wanted to let ya know that no-one in my group (of 4) got any free shirts or music from Jammed Online :cry: ...
But, if your still offering...... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:03 pm 
Hey guy,
sorry to say it but your attitude towards the "foreigners" makes me believe that there is a reason why so much of your stuff got ripped off. There may have been some theives among us, but I guarantee that they were not all un-American.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:15 pm 
if you only wanted the cds to go out to "heady brahs", then maybe you shoulda passed them out instead of leaving them out for free in a box on the floor.

heaven forbid those "foreigners" get to enjoy any good music after their 18 hour shift...

Post subject: Ya'll are hearing me wrong......
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:40 pm 
NOW HOLD ON FOR ONE FUCKING MINUTE! THIS IS IN RESPONSE TO THE MEAN REPLIES I GOT (if you got stuff and are leaving a post or are just letting me know you would like some stuff if any is available then thanks)

FIRST OFF -- When I said "foreigners" I didn't mean any of the cruisers....I was refering to the Romanian waitresses and the bartenders and so forth and below I explain so please read!

SECONDLY -- I am not trying to be mean towards the boats employees but this is how it goes........

I spent over four months individually finding and burning the best live sets from my collection and from traders around the community. I have a 12X burner so you can imagine how long this took and how much effort went into it! I also spent over $675 on the free shirts to give everyone..........

I tried to hand out shirts and music for three days and everybody was too drunk and beligerant to even start comprehending what I was giving them. I would explain "here's some heady tunes and a free shirt....." and 7 out of 10 people would turn it down or shake thier head ignore me. I wasn't going to throw all that out -- I only spent time on all this because I love all you like my family and I wanted to give you something special.......

The reason it pissed me off the staff was taking them is because they didn't care who the music was or what the shirt had on it or even what size shirt they were getting -- they just wanted something free. They would come up and I would give them a shirt then they would walk away and walk right back up and say they wanted another one. I was asking them to hold on and that I would get them one in a minute and they were ripping into the boxes and stealing them.......I mean these guys were getting violent and pushing and shoving...........even some of the officers in the white fancy uniforms were doing this..........all of them were being straight up ass holes and not one of them said thanks! Out of all the shirts I brought I think 20 or 30 of the employees (if that many) got almost 70+ of the shirts and maybe 75% of all the music! You have to see that as bieng fucked up and if you don't then you have something wrong with you!?!?!?!

I think you read into the post wrong and if you still feel that was then your an asshole too so I'm glad you didn't get anything cool and that I didn't get to meet you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:59 pm 
waaaaahhhhh!

it sucks that some people are bent about their experience on jamcruise... hopefully these complainers won't go next year...

i'm so glad that the majority of people had a great time... even the crew!!!

lets stop all the negativity...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:38 am 

On a positive note! You gave me a Keller Williams CD that I thoroughly enjoyed on the way back to ATL. I believe I told you at the time what a great thing you were doing and that I really appreciated it! I will say it a second time as well, THANKS! I am sorry that happened witht he T-shirts but I just wanted to let you know that some of us did get some music and are very thankful.

Thanks again,
-Brett

Post subject: yes
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:46 pm 

i got a copy of BOMB THE WORLD by michael franti & spearhead.
it's amazing...& i love it. & THANK YOU!!!!!!!

i saw the box at the bottom of stairs by the elevator on promenade deck...i think... but anyway - it was full. i was in a hurry so ijust grabbed whatever cd i saw first & went to my cabin, came back in 5 minutes to look through more thoroughly & the box had disappeared. can't remember the time...sorry.

Post subject: ANYONE ELSE.......
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:49 pm 
Anyone else get anything?!?!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:48 pm 
We got North Mississippi Allstars DVD's! Our hallway guy gave them to us. We were like Okay!!!!

Post subject: WOW
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:40 pm 
Wow -- you got NMA DVD's -- I wish that was what I was giving out! How fucking cool is that!

Did anyone else get any Jammed Online shirts or music or anything that were giving out?!?!? Just trying to figure out whether it was worth it to bring cool stuff for everyone or whether a couple people end up with it all and the others don't even remember they got it!

Let me know.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:15 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
lets stop all the negativity...

Yeah, what he (or she) said.

Post subject: Missed out
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:29 pm 

Hey there.
My husband and I (Eric & Tracy) met you at the street team party.

I was slightly intoxicated :lol: when you told us about the box of CDs and by the time I got down there to check it out, it was gone. :(

Even though I didn't get anything, I want to thank you for taking the time and effort to do all of this stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:50 am 

i received nothing, but still think your effort was wonderful. sure wish more people had the "what can i give back" vibe, rather than the negativity i see in so many posts. thanks again for your kindness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:34 pm 

I got a t-shirt! I've worn it to my soccer league and to some pickup games and people have been asking what Jammed Online is about so the word has spread to a few people out here 8)

My cabin mate got a Benevento/Russo Duo CD and we listened to it together over the few days after the ship docked in Ft Lauderdale while we were still hanging out in Florida, it was awesome - thanks for sharing the groove!