The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OFFICIAL TAPING INFO ANNOUNCED....................
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:58 am 
hey now...caution recording has been proudly chosen as the official archiving team on the boat. we will be providing patches/ patchbays at every stage. due to tight albeit ridiculus regulations onboard unfortunately tapers will NOT be allowed microphone poles or to "affix nor attach any device to the ship" meaning no clamping of mics to any fixture aboard the boat. where possible we will be providing the audience matrix mix, which is a combination of the soundboard tweaked with some aud mics, on stage and out at the board. we will provide digital as well as analog patchbay for all our needs. if the band denies us acess to the board we will go with mics on the stage.etc. caution recording uses the highest quality equiptment: we will be carrying a wide variety of mics including: nuemann tl104s, nueman km84s, nuemann km184s..we use appogee converters and we will be multi tracking the main stage using the latest tascam mx2424 digital hd storage system.all of our personel will be wearing black caution recording gear and will be highly visible on the boat. if anyone needs any help or has any questions please feel free to email us at. info@caution-recording.com and will try to help / accomadate all tapers. and as we will be having a lot of wing issues we are looking for the right windscreens for the mics, our order from nuemann might not arrive in time..please send email if any can help!
hoping to make this the greatest event youve ever attended!!!!!
also power is a premium...please bring powerstip for cabin..power is limited to 1 or 2 outlets per cabin...we cannot provide power..so plan accordingly, you will be able to charge batteries in cabin..hope everyone is getting excited...my name is david hind our office phone number is 202-546-2444 11am - 7pm est..thanks for your support,
THIS BOAT ROCKS!! MIND YOUR HEAD!
thanks, dave

OH..YOU CAN HANDHOLD MICS IF NEEDED....
the section will be provided with table and access to patchbays......

Post subject: taping info
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:11 am 
those caution boys know how to throw down!
haymaker/langerado...jamcruise!
wow!!

thanks for the patch bay!!!

jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:15 am 

I just want to say THANK YOU YOU GUYS ROCK :D :D :D

Post subject: Re: OFFICIAL TAPING INFO ANNOUNCED....................
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:59 pm 

CAUTION RECORDING wrote:
... due to tight albeit ridiculus regulations onboard unfortunately tapers will NOT be allowed microphone poles or to "affix nor attach any device to the ship" meaning no clamping of mics to any fixture aboard the boat...

WUT!!?? That's the lamest thing I've ever heard. Where is said policy published?

How come we can't clamp on the the mic stands you're running?

I had really looked forward to bringing my rig on this ride and this is a MAJOR disappointment for me.

I am stoked though that in the event I can't run my own rig that ya'll have offered to help us out. THANKS SO MUCH!!

-e

Post subject: RECORDING PLANS.......question for tapers from caution
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:21 am 
DUE TO THE TME NATURE OF THESE JAMS....WE WILL BE UNVEILING OUR NEWEST 24 TRACK HD SYSTEM...ALESIS HD24....MULTI-TRACKING TO IDE HARD DRIVES...HOTSWAPPABLE ON THE FLY...ALSO...

we are trying to get an idea on exactly how many tapers/rigs will be on board..if possible post a reply or send us an email...this info will help us to make the taping section as easy a chore as can be....and help us to bring enough of the right gear...helping to make this the greatest festival you have ever been too!!

dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:08 pm 

I'm bringing my D8, Oade cable, and have a 15-hr. festival battery, so power's not a problem.

Does anyone know if there's a place to buy tapes in Fort Lauderdale? I may not make it to the Tape Warehouse before we leave Atlanta.

Thanks so much for the patch! :wink:

Lookin' forward to it,
Julie
(678) 642-6883

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:57 pm 
some questions with respect to jamcruise taping:

1.who dictated this official policy? Why are we not allowed to run a mic stand, but you are?
2.why cant I run my own rig, I would really prefer to run my own (mk4>cmc6xt>v3>ad2k>2496) rather than patch. but asking me to handhold it is silly. considering these are all taper-friendly bands, springing this on us at the last minute after we have already paid is not very fair...
3. Is the idea to discourage taping so you can sell cds to people?

Post subject: Please register.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:49 pm 
If this is official. Can you please register.
I can go to the URL easy enough, but we would like to see it registered.

New technology. But waiting for windscreens? No offense, but that doesn't sound too professional.[/u]

Post subject: Explain.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:04 am 
First post, Tascam recorder.

24 hours later, Alesis recorder.

Trivial pursuit:
How do you trick your hard disk recorder, to react as a digital tape recorder on both these units?

Prize:
"Official Taping Policy"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:37 am 
maybe the reason they cant find windscreens is cause they dont know how to spell neumann... :roll:

Post subject: WE ARE OFFICIAL......
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:56 am 
WHY DONT YOU TELL US YOUR REAL NAME?
MINE IS
DAVID HIND
202-546-2444......202-368-4164.....CELL....
CAUTION RECORDING
FIRST..THIS BOAT IS VERY SMALL!! DONT BE SURPRISED...
CALL WHOM EVER YOU WANT TO CHECK ON THIS...
WAIT TIL YOU SEE THE SYSTEM....
THE CRUISE PEOPLE ARE BEING ASSHOLES ABOUT THE TAPERS...
DONT PUSH THEM...
LOOK FOR US ...YOU CAN EASILY RECOGNIZE US..
YOU CAN HANDHOLD YOUR RIG.....UPFRONT.....
WE ARE TRYING TO ACCOMODATE ALL OF THE TAPERS..
WE ARE TAPERS TOO!
WE ARE RECORDING MAINLY FOR DVD
ALSO TO ARCHIVE THIS GREAT EVENT!!!
PLEASE RESPECT JAMCRUISE WISHES.....
THANKS
SORRY FOR INCONVENIENCE
IF YOU NEED CONFIRMATION CALL OR WANT TO HEAR IT FROM THE OFFICE

MADISON HOUSE AT 303-544-0191.....

IF WE WERENT FOR REAL...WOULDNT THE THREAD BE TAKEN OFF ?
BE REAL...DONT MAKE THIS ANYMORE DIFFICULT THAN IT ALREADY IS!
SEE YOU ON THE BOAT

THANKS,
THE GUY RECORDING THE NEW ALESIS MULTITRACK SYSTEM
ON BOTH STAGES....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:49 pm 

no need to shout

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:49 pm 

i agree it should have been mentioned beforehand, but i see where they are comming from, im sure it is not Caution's fault, they were most likely given the option to do the above with no exceptions, thus they took it. i mean it is lame that you cant have mic stands, or arent allowed to clip on to something, but at least caution has taken all of you into consideration and set up patch bays and whatnot, but again, i hear where you all are coming fomr when you say i want to run my own rig......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:54 pm 
Man, you tapers sure can get fired up!I think you have to understand that this is not an arena with seats, a balcony, or even a club...it's a boat, and probably one that might rock a bit being that it is so small. I can understand why they dont want poles with mics all over the place. Dont get me wrong, I am still glad you guys will be there, and especially that you will be taping julie. I will definately want to get some copies...ALMOST TIME TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Kate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:43 pm 
In reply to Julie (wildflower) - the only place you can get DAT tapes that I know of is on US1 north of Oakland Pk. Blvd. at Office Depot. That's where we go. Call Paul if you need us to pick some up for you.