The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:25 pm 

evenstar wrote:
.................les just wont be a part of it.
he is too big an ego, i mean rock star to participate.

reason why I don't get too thrilled over les, warren or keller ever being on our ship. if they are not willing to play nicely with others... why put them on our ship.

thats worng. les plays around quite alot maby not on jam cruise adleast in the past. i have a feeling that it might change this year. not to mention there are alot of people who aren't able to mesh well with his style(not that they aren't good enough but that les is very original and unique). but if you get mike d skerik walter and les in there it would be some crazy shit.maby throw in another drummer and some guitar and you got an all new frog brigade show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:35 am 

Mmmm,......Frog Brigade.
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:24 am 

TEPS86 wrote:
thats worng. les plays around quite alot maby not on jam cruise adleast in the past. i have a feeling that it might change this year. not to mention there are alot of people who aren't able to mesh well with his style(not that they aren't good enough but that les is very original and unique). but if you get mike d skerik walter and les in there it would be some crazy shit.maby throw in another drummer and some guitar and you got an all new frog brigade show.

teps... I don't want to dash your enthusiasm but so far les has never stepped foot in the jamroom. mike d, skerik and robert are in that room all the time playing with anyone... and no les.

Now, if you have some inside info that says that les will get on the ship with us and stay the duration rather than getting on or off at a port and will actually be visable on the ship when he is not on stage and will actually go to the jamroom and play with other musicians then WOW... that would be freaking cool.

but if you don't have that info and you just really really like les, you probably need to modify your expectations and dreams so that you are not disappointed. Years of jamcruise experience indicates that we will get to see les on stage at his appointed time and then... no more... no les

seriously though.. i hope he has a breakthrough and decides to spend more time out and about on our ship.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:01 am 

evenstar wrote:
TEPS86 wrote:

teps... I don't want to dash your enthusiasm but so far les has never stepped foot in the jamroom. mike d, skerik and robert are in that room all the time playing with anyone... and no les.

Now, if you have some inside info that says that les will get on the ship with us and stay the duration rather than getting on or off at a port and will actually be visable on the ship when he is not on stage and will actually go to the jamroom and play with other musicians then WOW... that would be freaking cool.

but if you don't have that info and you just really really like les, you probably need to modify your expectations and dreams so that you are not disappointed. Years of jamcruise experience indicates that we will get to see les on stage at his appointed time and then... no more... no les

seriously though.. i hope he has a breakthrough and decides to spend more time out and about on our ship.

telling someone to change there hopes and dreams, seems to me that your not good at thinking positive. if les dosen't play any more then the 2 shows he is gonna play then i won't be un happy but by no means am i going to not hope that he comes out in the jam room. and if i can only assume that the people who have been in the jam room in the past are gonna be the ones that will be there in the future than its not much of a jam room. i thought the point of the jam room was to see new things that you don't get to see any where else. i guess i was wrong. i am sorry for thinking that new things can happen on jam cruise.
also in years past les was just with new variations of the frog brigade so they played the little material that they had and they did some improv on old more known covers. now that les will most likely be playing with his new version of the fancy band i would say there is more chance that he'll want to get out and jam a little bit just to do something new. i have seen les do so many jam sessions with random people that i'd say the chances of him in the jam room would be about 50-50 and the fact that he hasn't been in there in the past (to me ) would mean there is a better chance that he WILL be in there this year. but we will have to wait a couple months to actually see whats gonna happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:00 am 

I'm gonna put money on the idea that all the previously mentioned artists will jam/rock out with other. Maybe not in the Jam Room....but fuck...it's Jam Cruise. You will not be let down :lol:

Make the most of every moment.
Life is measured not by the number of breathes you take, the number of things that take your breath away!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:38 am 

sweettoothtep wrote:
I'm gonna put money on the idea that all the previously mentioned artists will jam/rock out with other. Maybe not in the Jam Room....but fuck...it's Jam Cruise. You will not be let down :lol:

Tep said but f*ck. hehe. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:38 pm 

sweettoothtep wrote:
i don't think anybody plans on being let down no matter who plays with who, when they do, or where they do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:47 pm 

TEPS86 wrote:
also in years past les was just with new variations of the frog brigade so they played the little material that they had and they did some improv on old more known covers. now that les will most likely be playing with his new version of the fancy band i would say there is more chance that he'll want to get out and jam a little bit just to do something new.

cool.. I hope you are right.. but the last time he was on our ship.. jc4 he was actually on with the original version of the fancy band, not the ffb and he still didn't particpate in the jamroom. again... i would love for him to change his tune and be a part of the excitement and creativity that makes jamcruise so special.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:07 pm 

evenstar wrote:
.................les just wont be a part of it.
he is too big an ego, i mean rock star to participate.

reason why I don't get too thrilled over les, warren or keller ever being on our ship. if they are not willing to play nicely with others... why put them on our ship.

Why would you include Warren and Keller in this list?

Warren was sick as a dog on the boat and I still think he made it to the jam room. He also sat in with New Monsoon. One of his solo sets was full of sit ins.

I don't see Keller sit in a lot on JC, but at Rado he did. With Jonah Smith then Martin Sexton, then Martin sat in with him. This year with Martin on the boat, I would think we will get more of the same.

TEPS, as for Les, wishing is good, but having the feeling??? I don't know about all that. Just so you know. JC4 had Les, Critters Buggin, Hairy Apes BMX, and Gabby. Les only sat in with Gabby. If anyone meshes with his style it would be these bands right? Just Sayin'

Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:21 pm 

JustBob wrote:
Just Sayin'

This madness has got to stop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:32 pm 

phamilyguy wrote:
JustBob wrote:
Just Sayin'

This madness has got to stop.

HAHAHA! When I see this I read it as "don't chew my head off"
Az

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:34 pm 

just let a boy dream

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:44 am 

i'm thinking (hoping) that maybe we'll get a little garage a les. he's sat in w/ em b4 when charlie was in the band, and i think marco would compliment him more than charlie did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:30 am 

bayou bred wrote:
i'm thinking (hoping) that maybe we'll get a little garage a les. he's sat in w/ em b4 when charlie was in the band, and i think marco would compliment him more than charlie did.

that would be amazing. although charlie played with les in holy mackerel so i don't know if marco would be better with him. but either way it would be sick. i wish they got charlie on the boat as a featured artist. he would be a great addition and then could sit in with the garage also

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:33 am 

TEPS86 wrote:
bayou bred wrote:

that would be amazing. although charlie played with les in holy mackerel so i don't know if marco would be better with him. but either way it would be sick. i wish they got charlie on the boat as a featured artist. he would be a great addition and then could sit in with the garage also

I'm having trouble keeping up with side project and Jamout names!!! :!:

Make the most of every moment.
Life is measured not by the number of breathes you take, the number of things that take your breath away!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next