The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:25 pm 
abgar wrote:
The JCII sets are all from Jim Charnel's rig; he was right on the foot of the stage and pulled some of the best sound I've heard on an aud recording in a long time...

So that's the name of the ASSHOLE taper who kept telling everyone to shut up eh? SHAME ON HIM!

http://www.jamcruise.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=739

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:53 pm 
Doesn't really take a lot of talent to get a god audience tape from the lip of the stage. Does take a lot of talent to be arrogant and tell fans enjoying the show to shut up in lieu of getting a good recording...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:58 am 

Whoa. On this taper's behalf, he is the Frog Brigade's #1 taper; he's always there and is friends with Les and the guys. I didn't hear him telling anyone to be quiet (even after listening to the shows a few times), and I was practically standing on his back a lot of the time. And like I said before, these pulls are great. It does suck when tapers are shitty like that, and I'm not saying he didn't say anything, but I've heard a lot ruder tapers in crowds of 20,000. For my part, he didn't bug me that much. Sorry if it peeved so many others. :cry: Did it ruin the good time entirely?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:19 am 
This wouldn't be a problem if certain people could learn to SHUT THE FUCK UP while they're standing right in the middle of the area that was designated for LISTENING to music!!! I just think it's incredible that some people think they have a God-given right to talk while a band is playing. I mean it's like "Fuck you man! I spent a thousand bucks on a cruise ticket so I can stand in the sweet spot and YELL at my friend!" What these fucking morons expect us to put up with is unbelievable. Some people want to HEAR THE MUSIC, not some asshole who insists on yelling at his asshole friends while they're all standing right in the fucking middle of the best spot to HEAR THE FUCKING MUSIC!!! If you want to talk during shows, go the fuck away!!!!! That's all I ask, and I've got a fairly serious "accidental" elbow jab for those can't stop talking. They always manage to "trip" me, just as I'm trying to move someplace else. I always immediately apologize for the elbow to the gut, and explain that I WAS TRYING TO FIND A SPOT WHERE THERE WEREN'T AS MANY ASSHOLES WHO INSIST ON TALKING DURING THE BAND'S PERFORMANCE!!!

Go stand in the bathroom. or the hallway, or ANYFUCKINGPLACE BUT WHERE THEY'RE PLAYING THE FUCKING MUSIC!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:38 am 

and you're so serious about your point that you have to post anonymously.... :roll: geez...In the words of Buzz Lightyear, "what a sad little person." In the words of soundwavejunkie, "what a fascist asshole."

Like I said in the other thread where you are pretending to be the auidence sheriff, lighten the fuck up, and live and let live.

There were no spots "that was designated for LISTENING to music", at least from what I saw.

I'm not for mid-song banter, but hey- that's me. I don't get my panties in a wad if someone else is talking during a set.

Maybe on next JC, not only should TAPERS be allowed (btw, thanks to all who taped JC 1, especially Ethan, who has shared the moments so quickly and generously), but in your world DUCT TAPERS should also be allowed to tape shut the mouths of anyone talking during a performance.

Again, lighten up, and realize that you aren't the show police. It's fascists like you that get the bad vibe started.

BOAT DRINKS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:35 pm 

Quote:
DUCT TAPERS

lol, I nice a spot in the FODTS (front of duct tapers section).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:41 pm 
Geez...We all know that facists come form Texas!

Post subject: JCII public FTP logins
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:11 am 

I was aboard JCII, and recorded a few shows. We have two servers dedicated to providing 24/7 access to all you people with high speed internet access. You need an FTP (file transfer protocol) software and the understanding of how to use the software.

Here are some links to assist you newbies with FTP'ing:

http://etree.org/faq.html
*Search for the FTP FAQ and read up on some basic functions of FTP.

http://www.shns.net/software/index.asp
*Check out the downloading section where you can find FTP freewares to install on your computer. (note, after installing, you will need to go back to etree's FTP FAQ and read the commonly accepted rules of FTP'ing)

Currently up on our server are both Particle shows from JCII, and 1/11 Les (from Jimbo's rig). I am about to post the Col. Bruce show from the main stage (afternoon), and anticipate posting the Michael Franti show from the main stage (afternoon). As I get more shows, I will be as timely as possible to post updates to this message board.

I'd like to send out a personal thanks to the crew of Caution Recording. They were courteous and professional in every manner, and did an excellent job on their parts for sound production/recording. Additionally, I would like to send a personal thanks to Jeff (from Virginia) for entrusting me with his Neumann KM84/Lunatec/Kimber/etc rig during the Particle shows. I was unable to bring my Schoeps/Lunatec/Benchmark rig due to traveling constraints. THANKS JEFF...PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH ME!

Alas, if you should have any questions, email me at funkyoctopus@shns.net
Please do not email me with newbie technical questions on how to FTP. I will not answer those questions...there are plenty of resources on the internet to figure out how to use the FTProtocol.

Jered
Memphis

Alas, go here for to view the public login information to our servers
http://www.shns.net/jamcruise/index.asp

Post subject: Additional shows
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:29 am 

I also recording the Stanton Moore Allstars Jam, Disco Biscuits from the Grande Ballroom, the RAQ show and bits and pieces of DJ Motion Potion (SYN party). More later...

Post subject: Tishamino w/ guests 1-9-04 (matrix)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:22 am 
Available now for BT download on STG:http://www.sharingthegroove.org/msgboard/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36663

Post subject: Tishamingo
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:24 am 
^^ the above link is for the Tishamingo show from JC I, with special guests Billy Nershi, Rob Wasserman, and Karl Denson.

Its a soundboard/km140 matrix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:02 pm 

Nice to see the Tishamingo show up, and thanks to John who patched out of me for getting that one out. Also thianks for the kind words from him. I was running the rig with the KM-140's and the sbd, mostly for the Mermaid Lounge. Got a few others as well.

The Jerry Joseph set from 1-8 is done, and I'll try to get it up on a server this weekend. Same source info as the Tishamingo, more or less. Actually, there are a couple minor flaws in the source info for Tishamingo, but I'll get over it and don't feel like being anal.

The afternoon MOFRO from the pool deck on 1-8 is also done, also a mtrix, KM140's + Sdbd>fluffy processing gear>M-Audio @24/44.1>dithered to 16 bit after mastering>shn. This recording FLAT OUT SMOKES! I can only say that so often without pissing people off, so believe it in this case! I'll also try to get that up on a server this weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:12 pm 

Is this the same show but different source being hosted on digital panic? The one on digital panic is from some Cruiser named Wilson.

Anyone?

Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:15 pm 

Quote:
fluffy processing gear

You crack me up, Wilson. :lol:

My b&p offer stands; my pile now includes:

JCI
Billy and Liza 1-7-04 2 discs
Galactic 1-7-04 (w/JJ, Karl D and Z-trip) 2 discs
KTDU 1-8-04 (w/ Sistah Teedy, Nershi) 2 discs
Pete Rowan's Crucial Reggae 1-8-04 2discs
Moorestars 1-8-04 1 disc
Tishamingo 1-9-04 3 discs

JCII
Moorestars 1-12-04 1 disc
Frog Brigade 1-11-04 (latenight set) 3 discs
Frog Brigade 1-12-04 (headline set) 3 discs
Galactic 1-11-04 (headline) 3 discs
Col Bruce & the Codetalkers 1-13-04 (I think) 1 disc
Galactic 1-13-04 (latenight) 2 discs

Email me! :D

Last edited by abgar on Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:18 pm 

FunkMeister wrote:
Is this the same show but different source being hosted on digital panic? The one on digital panic is from some Cruiser named Wilson.

Anyone?

Thank you!

Wilson was the only one taping Tishamingo; the sources may look different; you'd have to get the "actual" one from the man himself.