The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Frenchie's website?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:35 pm 

What was Frenchie's website? No luck with Google this morning...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:47 pm 
anyone else see him go totally psycho in the immigration check line? dude's got some issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:54 pm 
He was mooning the passing cruise ships on our way into the Key West Port. Oh wait, that was supposed to stay on the boat. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:26 pm 

We were right by him in the line and yes, he was the master of disaster at that point. Sure made me bust out laughing. He's a pretty nice guy though. And the talent is certainly there.

-Dave A.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:41 pm 

yeah, I think we were all on edge that morning. IT was hard for all of us. I did hear he lost it for a while, but it is undeniable that we were all under some stress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:51 pm 
"SUCK MY PAINTBRUSH!" :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:54 pm 

frenchylive.com

that was a rough morning

he snapped out of it after some sleep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:23 pm 

Hey,
Frenchie is from NOLA, That shit was tame. 8)

Post subject: Frenchy rules!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:24 pm 
I LOVE YOU, FRENCHY!!

I had so much fun with you !!
You rock!
Keep that spirit a flyin', and don't let anybody bring you down!!

Love, megs

" the power, you possess" - remember saying that to me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:31 pm 
The Guy paints great pictures, I think he really captures the moment well.
I got a chance to see him in action up close on JC1.
However I was just on his website for the first time, I think that his paintings are way overpriced. Not way overpriced but "WAY TOO OVERPRICED." Between $2,000 & $3,500 , Your good but not that good.......YET. I think that maybe $500 would be more like a good cost for some of them. Anyway How many Frenchies do you all own? Can people in this scene really afford these paintings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:03 pm 

Maybe I am biased because I am an artist myself (clothing & jewelry), but I think too many artists in our scene udercharge because they know that a lot of folks in our scene don't have tons of money... My husband's sifting boxes have been featured several times in HT and are all made by hand (by him), and he has been given slack on a few occasions for his prices (which really aren't even very high). An original painting selling for $2500 is not out of the ordinary... Signed/numbered prints are more something you'd find in the $300 to $700 range. I agree that it's nice to be able to afford artwork by artists who are part of our extended music family, but I also think it's important for the artists themselves to be paid fairly for what they create. :)

http://www.mountainsofthemoon.com

"Forever Family, Forever Grateful"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:15 pm 

Frenchy's art is grossly UNDERpriced.
I think you'd be surprised to see just how wealthy some of the folks in our scene really are. I think there is a gross generalization that people in our 'scene' are poor due to the casual nature of our attire and attitudes. Sure, there are a lot of folks who haven't created a great deal of wealth for themselves, but there are a lot of younger folks in our scene also who haven't been settled in their careers yet. There are also a lot of folks who are wealthy in spirit instead of dollars. I think you'd find that there are a lot more folks with average to high incomes than you assume. Besides, he doesn't just cater to our scene. He does live paintings of professional sports...are professional football players overpaid for their talents :shock:

Frenchy's art is so very unique and incredibly talented, I think it is priceless. Each painting is a one of a kind. He has a wonderful gift. Would you say an original Salvator Dali is over priced? Beauty and value is inthe eye of the beholder and, at the end of the day, anything is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Frenchy's art is priced so 'high' because that's what people have deemed it to be worth to them. If you've ever watched him create one of these live, I think you'd better understand their value and better appreciate what goes into them. Sure, I'd love to pay $500 for one, but I'd also love to pay $500 for an original Picasso and $2.00 to see my favorite band.

You see, the thing is, as his art gets more exposure and he more popular, his paintings will increase in value. His paintings are a great investment. Get them now while they're still fairly inexpensive!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:03 pm 

I bought a Frenchy about five years ago. It's one of my most prized posessions.

I don't have a digi camera but here's a picture my realstate agent took when we sold our townhome. It's of Galactic at the fairgounds in 1999

http://67.165.204.27/concord5.jpg

-e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:28 pm 

Quote:
You see, the thing is, as his art gets more exposure and he more popular, his paintings will increase in value. His paintings are a great investment. Get them now while they're still fairly inexpensive!

That is the truth. There are lots of incredible artists in our scene who's work my husband & I collect and have been for years. They ARE an investment. And it feels good to support fellow music-loving artists as well!

http://www.mountainsofthemoon.com

"Forever Family, Forever Grateful"