The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I got left behind!!! I'm mad as hell!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:42 pm 
Hey Madison House, here is all my money. Please make sure you leave me in the Keys.....Thanks!!! Wait, thats right...it somebody ELSE's fault!
I guess you already have 31 people's $$$, you guys don't give a fuck!
I wish some of you got left behind! I could say....next time bring a watch. Word will get out...trust me. Karma is a bitch! And its REAL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:47 pm 
I must say I kinda agree! They do a lot to make sure we had a great time. I just think they could spent a little time making sure NOBODY got left @ the port. Oh well, they will learn, maybe! Had a blast, I really feel for those that got stranded. I'm sure the Jamcruise folks are sad too! Maybe. Stand Up and be counted!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:57 pm 
the madison house people were probably sitting in their office in colorado when this happened. it's not their responsibility to swipe the cards at the door and make sure everyone is accounted for.

it's the cruiseline that fucked up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:03 pm 
Whatever.
Your telling me if their heads weren't up their asses, they couldn't have made sure this didn't happen. Believe what you want.
I call this irresponsibility on the Jamcruise folks, whoever the fuck they are. MADISON HOUSE TRAVELS.........don't worry several of us will spread the word to as many people and as LOUD as possible.
Thanks guys............FOR LEAVING YOUR SHIPMATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:12 pm 
i totally understand why you're upset. what happened totally sucks.

blame who you like. i just don't know how a travel agent in COLORADO could have had much control over what happened at that point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:29 pm 
I'm not talking about a bunch of peeps in CO. I'm talking about the peeps on the boat! Annabel, Julie, and whoever else was "in charge" of this ship!
Maybe anybody that doesn't agree with me should put yourself in our sandals, stuck in the Keys watching the ship (that you spent a shitload on) WAS LEAVING.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:56 pm 

Yea, sucks that you just missed a slammin' hip hop party put on by DJ Media4 on the pool deck as we left the dock at Key West. I'll do my part and make sure everyone hears about that SUPER LOUD and CLEAR! How did you miss the boat? Didn't check out the schedule or did it leave before 4pm? Actually it left after 4pm, I watched it take off. Maybe Madison House or whoever can give out discount tickets for people's guardians or parents to come along and make sure their kids get back on the boat. I don't know, just a thought. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:00 pm 
heeeheeeheee, funny, spitinrivers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:21 pm 
Thats real friggin' funny spittin'. In fact so funny, if I knew who you were I'd kick the livin' shit outta you. And I dint even miss the boat. I do, however, feel for those that did. Why don't you bring that smartass attitude down south, it'll be real funny watching me leave your ass behind.....laying in your own piss/shit/blood. AND your guardians.
HEEhee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:40 pm 
I think that this is absolutely ridiculous, and if it happened to me - I would be mad as hell.
But - I was on the deck in Key West as we left and there weren't 31 people standing there, trying to get back on the boat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:20 pm 
I am ambivalent about how I feel about this.... on one hand, over 95% of everyone made it back to the boat on time. The other hand, maybe some people were told the wrong time to be back. Passengers do have a responsibility to be back on time and not make others wait, but a sign with the time to be back at the gangway would have been nice.

The boat left at the same time it did on the previous trip, and no one got left. We knew we had to be back at 4:00. We came back at 3:30 just to be sure.

Should an entire boat of people wait indefinitely for stragglers for whatever reason? Other cruise lines leave people if they aren't there when the boat leaves; ships have schedules to keep and a responsibility to the other passengers to get to their next destination on time.

Was the ship's crew indeed pissed that some asshole dosed one of their crew members? If so, it was unfair for them to take it out on others, but somewhat understandable from a purely retaliatory point of view.

I'm sorry people got left, but how can folks be mad if the ship left as scheduled? Were you guys really told the wrong time? By whom?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:44 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
Was the ship's crew indeed pissed that some asshole dosed one of their crew members?

Is this true?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:47 pm 
Toph wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Was the ship's crew indeed pissed that some asshole dosed one of their crew members?

Is this true?

Pretty sure. Not very good farking judgment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:55 pm 
Toph wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Is this true?

Pretty sure. Not very good farking judgment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:53 pm 
I heard that some of the people that were left had been on an official shore excursion purchased from the ship. Supposedly the excursion did not return in time. If that was indeed the case, the ship definitely should have waited for them.

Was this actually the case?