The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DJ MEDI4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:18 pm 
WORST DJ EVER!!!! WHo booked this guy? He must have been a friend

Post subject: medi4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:49 am 
wow, really? i thought he rocked it. i heard him spin reggae, rock, disco, hip hop, house and god only knows what else. dude knows his shit! i was on both boats and he played like every day. iw as way impressed! i bought one of his discs and it rules!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:49 am 
hey this guy kicked ass. All of the DJ's on JCI were off the hook. Media4 was awesome, Z-trip was great and Ming and FS rocked it!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:02 pm 

Wow, such negativity....

I thought Mr. Medi4 rocked!! And his gal, too!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:26 pm 

I thought a DJ Medi4 added the prefect mix in between all of the bands on the ship. I say bring him back next year! Dude was working hard!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:10 am 
no, he really sucked. Cat Scratch Fever? that shitty ass metal/rock set? he read the crowd ALL WRONG EVERY SET. all we wanted to do was dance, instead he proceded to jerk off all over us. we were all wasted for christs sake, give us something to boogie down to. nice guy, but good dj? fuck no.

Post subject: open yer brain, brother...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:47 am 
Anonymous wrote:
no, he really sucked. Cat Scratch Fever? that shitty ass metal/rock set? he read the crowd ALL WRONG EVERY SET. all we wanted to do was dance, instead he proceded to jerk off all over us. we were all wasted for christs sake, give us something to boogie down to. nice guy, but good dj? fuck no.

well, I guess if you wanna be spoonfed,...

i thought the variety he brought to the table rocked and I know I wasn't alone. during a particularly bumpy stretch on JC1, medi4 was spinning a trippy, eclectic, decidedly non-boogiedown set and I heard the guy next to me (the WASTED guy next to me) say to his friend, "Man, this is awesome. It's like the DJ understands..." Medi4 played for many hours a day, every day for 8 days straight, and it's obvious he's got skills in a variety of genres. why shouldn't he indulge when given such a great crowd to play to. the live music/bands we listen to vary stylistically, many times within the same show, and we love that about them - why would you ask him to play the same kind of music during every set?

open yer brain, brother. there's more to life than the obvious boogie :D
(it should be noted, though, that I too am a fan of the obvious boogie -- just not all the time...)

Post subject: such disrespect!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:48 pm 
Anonymous wrote:

wow! so little respect for the dj! it's so sad that djs don't get any respect. they're not machines, you know. they regard themselves as musicians and artists - they should be treated as such! i bet you wouldn't make such demands on a band

me? i love the nuge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:43 pm 
Hear hear. DjMedi4 worked his ass off givin us the good tunes.. Give it up for da man..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:13 am 

He absoltely kicked ass and is a damn good guy to talk to as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:23 pm 

I agree....not only did he provide good tunes ....he was a great guy to meet. Thanks!!!!

Post subject: From Ford
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:44 pm 

Media4. You're the man. Leaving Key West was the shizznizzel bombbizzal. Thanks for the 50 cent/NIN mix. Pleasure kickin' it with you and Gina in the hottub before you went on. Take care brother and head out to Bouler sometime and play a house party for me. Peace!