The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Dude, Where's My BOAT???
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:45 pm 
OK I want to know. Enough with all this hearsay. Where the 31 people really on a shore excursion, or were you just dickin' around and now you feel dumb cause you didn't think the boat would actually leave you?? Another post said they watched the boat take off and never saw people freakin out on the dock. You think people on the boat would have noticed you guys screaming and waving at your ride was leaving you. On the maiden voyage there was always folks lookin over the edge of the boat as we took off. I just think its kindof crazy that no one on board noticed THIRTY ONE people yelling as thet took off. Again, I was not there, so someone set it straight. The story just sounds like something is missing.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:34 am 
we were all out doing different things.
thats not the point.
fact is, we were there trying to check back in when the gangway was being pulled away. the cruise officials scanned our cards on the way out, there is the headcount, they knew that they were 31 people short.
we watched they as they pulled the gangway, wave, close the door, SIT THERE FOR 10 MINUTES (we thought they were making arangements for us! we were elated!!!) then to have the tugboat pull the boat away from us at the dock and leave. The captains crew could see us, we could see them. It was heartwrenching. JUST IMAGINE IT HAPPENING TO YOU! People were sobbing! we missed our boat, it left without us.
There is your fact. No hearsay, I had to rent a vehicle and drive 8 people the 4.5 hours to Ft. Lauderdale and get a hotel and try to sleep knowing we were missing a priceless less night of music!
then we all paid a bullshit 300.00 fine the immigration people give to the ship, why should we pay it if they left us?
its all bullshit.
if the boat doesnt make this good and the jamcruise people book this cruise line again, i will personally and legally if i can, boycot the cruise, the promoters and the bands...
if we stick together, we will prevail. if not we are all doomed. not just for this one instance but we are doomed to be lying about being a community of free thinkers and loving humans. thats what the vibe and meaning of this cruise was.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:53 pm
Posts: 57
Location: Columbus, Ohio
its easy to say now, but I think i'd have just ran for it...take a running leap and just start swimming towards the boat if you can't grab the ramp...

it would definitely have provoked some reaction from the boat staff, and what do you really have to lose at that point?

i mean fuck the dumb shit...i'm swimmin after the damn ship...i wanna hear the last set. if i'm goin out like that, i mean abandoned by my own ship, its gonna be with a good fight and a great big bang, and i'm givin it all's i got.

it'd at the very least make a good story.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:49 am 
jsunstar wrote:
we were all out doing different things.
thats not the point.


Actually, that IS the point. This is not something that happened just on the Regal Empress. Every cruise line out there will leave people at the dock if they do not return to the ship in time.

I was very upset that we left people at first, but the more this is discussed, the less it seems like the ship's liability.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:20 pm 
I would like to stress this point - I was standing on the deck as the boat pulled away and There WAS NOT even 10 people standing there, stranded. To tell you the truth, if I saw 10 people shouting and flailing their arms in the air - I would have asked someone on the boat about it. I would have tried to help - BUT there wasn't anyone there.
Sadly, I never got off the boat in Key West but for some reason I knew that the boat was supposed to leave at 4. I think that if your going to get off the boat - Its your responsibility to get back on ON TIME!!
Come on now, we're not in kindergarten - we're adults. Now go ahead and sue everyone - thats what this group is all about, isn't it?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:40 pm 
you must have had fuzzy goggles then.
i remember all of us standing there waving and yelling, maybe not all 31 but most of us, some of us said fuck it and left by then when the gangway was going up.
its easy to say how we should have been on board on time, bla bla bla. the fact is that you didnt miss it so you cant have any idea of how it feels.
we knew to be back on time, i was told 5:00, i was there at 4:35 others were told 5:30...
so according to the ships people I was early.
and it doesnt matter what this trip was about, i want my money back,
i will never get my lost vacation back, i bust my ass to make a living so i could go on this trip and i missed the best part because the ship employee had the wrong schedule...
speaking of that, i never even got a schedule ofthe days happenings on the keys like we had in nassau...
jh pittsburgh


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:52 pm 
WHO told you guys the wrong times? Why did the other 95+% of the people know when to be back?


Top
  
 
 Post subject: newbies/wasters/irresponibility
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:33 pm 
:roll:

How can IT be the BOATs fault for leaving you???

Ametures should not have been invited on the boat.
But when you sell tix to everynyone (ANYONE!) can get on board.

On JCi (the real madien voyage) we only had four people get left in Nassau (shitty place to be stuck too!)

Getting left behind wasn't the boats fault it was these ametures getting schooled - maybe (but i doubt it) they learned a lesson in responsibilities

The cruise was for Experts only (double diamonds boyz!) the beginners almost ruined a great time...

Happy New Year to all the PRO's out thar!

Newbies - PISS OFF!!! your negaitvity and lack of personal control hurt more people that yourself - and could potentially be the reason why such a cruise will never happen again.

I witnessed the decay of Dead Tour over a decade ago...

Please keep the scene clean so that the shows can go on.

Please do not get on the boat if you aren't ready for IT!!!

-wheat toast!


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: newbies/wasters/irresponibility
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:50 pm 
PRO head wrote:
:roll:

How can IT be the BOATs fault for leaving you???

Ametures should not have been invited on the boat.
But when you sell tix to everynyone (ANYONE!) can get on board.

On JCi (the real madien voyage) we only had four people get left in Nassau (shitty place to be stuck too!)

Getting left behind wasn't the boats fault it was these ametures getting schooled - maybe (but i doubt it) they learned a lesson in responsibilities

The cruise was for Experts only (double diamonds boyz!) the beginners almost ruined a great time...

Happy New Year to all the PRO's out thar!

Newbies - PISS OFF!!! your negaitvity and lack of personal control hurt more people that yourself - and could potentially be the reason why such a cruise will never happen again.

I witnessed the decay of Dead Tour over a decade ago...

Please keep the scene clean so that the shows can go on.

Please do not get on the boat if you aren't ready for IT!!!

-wheat toast!



You sir, are an ass.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:01 pm 
It may be hard to remember, but what was everyone wearing?

I have a picture of the dock as the ship was leaving...right when the tug boat was pushing us away...


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: newbies/wasters/irresponibility
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:21 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
PRO head wrote:
:roll:

How can IT be the BOATs fault for leaving you???

Ametures should not have been invited on the boat.
But when you sell tix to everynyone (ANYONE!) can get on board.

On JCi (the real madien voyage) we only had four people get left in Nassau (shitty place to be stuck too!)

Getting left behind wasn't the boats fault it was these ametures getting schooled - maybe (but i doubt it) they learned a lesson in responsibilities

The cruise was for Experts only (double diamonds boyz!) the beginners almost ruined a great time...

Happy New Year to all the PRO's out thar!

Newbies - PISS OFF!!! your negaitvity and lack of personal control hurt more people that yourself - and could potentially be the reason why such a cruise will never happen again.

I witnessed the decay of Dead Tour over a decade ago...

Please keep the scene clean so that the shows can go on.

Please do not get on the boat if you aren't ready for IT!!!

-wheat toast!



You sir, are an ass.


Why is he an ass? It's just his opinion. It still seems unclear WHO is at fault for these people missing the boat. The original poster is threatening to do every thing he can to destroy the ship's reputation, file a lawsuit, and whatever else can be done to get an ends to a means.

IF the boat's crew is responsible for these people getting left, then I'm sure everyone would agree that the cruise line should pony up and fix this.

IF it was a case of people being too casual about when they should have been back on the ship, then they should accept responsibility for missing it.

Other cruise lines do the exact same thing when people do not show up on time.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: newbies/wasters/irresponibility
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:17 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
PRO head wrote:
:roll:

How can IT be the BOATs fault for leaving you???

Ametures should not have been invited on the boat.
But when you sell tix to everynyone (ANYONE!) can get on board.

On JCi (the real madien voyage) we only had four people get left in Nassau (shitty place to be stuck too!)

Getting left behind wasn't the boats fault it was these ametures getting schooled - maybe (but i doubt it) they learned a lesson in responsibilities

The cruise was for Experts only (double diamonds boyz!) the beginners almost ruined a great time...

Happy New Year to all the PRO's out thar!

Newbies - PISS OFF!!! your negaitvity and lack of personal control hurt more people that yourself - and could potentially be the reason why such a cruise will never happen again.

I witnessed the decay of Dead Tour over a decade ago...

Please keep the scene clean so that the shows can go on.

Please do not get on the boat if you aren't ready for IT!!!

-wheat toast!



You sir, are an ass.


Why is he an ass? It's just his opinion.


Because there's no reason to be all condescending and headier-than-thou.

I know when I got off that boat that one of those white uniformed crew guys at the gangway told us to be back by five o'clock. I am sure other people were probably told the same thing and didn't question it. The cruise staff gave people the wrong information. How exactly does this make someone an "ameture"?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 23, 2003 11:53 am
Posts: 52
Location: Atlanta Georgia
If memory serves correctly, on JC1 there was a huge sign on a wooden easal stating the time to be back on, but we still asked three different people AND got back two hours early JUST IN CASE. If the boat was supposed to leave at 5:00 as the earlier post said, then you would have had to be back on at the LATEST at 4:30, not 4:35. As for saying that that was "not what this cruise was about", when was the cruise ever about keeping up with stragglers, I thought it was about great music? Don't get me wrong, I feel bad that you guys got left behind, but who's fault was that really? I mean come on. And saying you are going to sue the cruise line and yadda yadda yadda, I really think you will be wasting your money. read the fine print in your boarding pass(if you didn't lose it somewhere) thats ship policy. ALL cruise ships policy. Dont think that just cause we all listen to good music means we have to keep up with your ass. I wouldn't be being so blunt if you weren't being so redicul;ous, you sound like a wookie at best. Leave MAdison House alone and next time just dont go. or dont get off the boat if you cant make it back in time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:38 pm 
you werent left behind.
you have no idea what it was like nor could you imagine it.
you cant live it vicariously through me, i wouldnt ask that of you.
so dont assume you should voice your opinion to me.

i will proceed with this any way i feel neccessary. your opinion means nothing to me. this shit has overshadowed the fun and adventure we had, not that we have tried to let it but it cant be helped. It sucked that much!
again, you couldnt even imagine.
It was that bad

jason


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:41 pm 
sorry, but if my opinion or others doesn't matter to you, then why are you posting all this rage on the DISCUSSION BOARD????????????????


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group