The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Medi4 says thanks...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:43 pm 

Howdy from Los Angeles, and reality...

Just wanted to take a moment and thank some people for making the Jamcruises one of the best experiences I've had in a dozen years.

Given the fact that the JC's were my first festival (and at sea, for Christ's sake!), I wasn't sure what to expect, but did what someone on this board said, and brought my favorite records. Thanks to that person, btw.

Huge thanks to Chris Sorley and Kit Blanchard in Production (shit, also Brad, David, Rob, and the grizzled vet sound guy (blonde hair, denim vest) who came running up to me when I played Deep Purple's "Lazy" and goes "Is that Deep Purple, man? They fucking rocked...". As a DJ of 15 years, I'm honored to work with professionals on top quality gear. Thank you for making me sound so good...

Thanks to Mark, Annabel, Joe and anyone else I nagged the shit out of to make sure I played on these adventures. The exposure and audience I found was priceless. God Bless you for your patience and faith.

And finally, to the music freaks (which is kind of all of us) - thanks for digging what I did, and showing me love. Oh, and if any of you didn't get it, that's ok, too.

None of my shows are ever pre-meditated, they're always mixed fresh, lookin' at what I'm lookin' at, nothing more. I 'figger my sets are like alot of the bands you see - they happen and evolve as we go. You can't always shit sunshine, y'all...

We've also made the decision to move by January 2005, so I'm interested to talk to people in the following cities:

San Francisco
Seattle
Denver/Boulder
Austin, TX
London, UK

If someone wants to fill me on the state of the scene (both jammy and dj-stuff) in your city, I'm all ears....

Thanks to everyone for making music a passion in their lives.

Oh, shit!

And finally, thanks to the 2 high guys by the pool on JC 2, who almost peed their pants when I played the "Don't Touch Me" song from Brak from Space Ghost. You getting the joke was worth the food...

Blessings and happiness to you all - see you this summer.

DJ Medi4
www.djmedi4.com

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those doing it..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:20 pm 
great job. I would have liked a dj at sunrise and breakfast. travel safely and good luck bo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:34 pm 
Hey, what's up man... this is Matt from Jax. Beach. I had a great time and it was fun hanging out with you guys on the cruise. I realize that all those places are probably cool, but I've never been anywhere that I've felt more at home than Boulder... if I didn't have so many loose ends to tie up here in Jacksonville, I would move to Colorado tomorrow. Alright, talk to you later. peace.

Post subject: Colorado
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:45 am 
Greetings .... hey shout out to you for a great job done on the Jam Cruise. My wife and I met you late or should I say early morning. Down in the disco you kept the record spinning and the lights going while we were the only two sitting in back on the couch. What a time those four days were. Colorado is where it is at ..... but shhhh don't tell anyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:48 pm 
you rock, thanks