The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JC family reunion at High Sierra! Whos coming with me
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:28 pm 
Who's coming with me?

JC is obvioulsy for the hard core. We trip was special because it seemed so exclusive and like an all-start cast of partiers from around the country. Now we must reunite the JC family in the summer to continue the trowdown. After all who of you can really wait until next year. Let's remember we are the hardcore and you know that next year is way to long to away for our appetites. So, its clear we need a venue for such a reunion. High Sierra is really the only place that could handle us and give us the atmousphere to redefine what a good time is once again. Me and my friends from chicago will be there and we encourage all those serious about getting phreaky to get involved and get to HSMF over the 4th of July. Who's coming with me?

Shaun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:45 pm 

I am from Reno and would like to host a Jam Cruise reunion pre-High Sierra music fest bash. Reno is only a short drive to Quincy and most everybody (except the northern cali folk) drive or fly through Reno. But then again.. HSMF is not for another 6 months.

Even if there is no interest in a pre-bash for fellow Jam Cruisers, we should try to register a themed camped site for Jam Cruisers. I tried to do something like that for last year's HSMF... But at that point I don't think anybody had any idea on how much Jam Cruise would mean to us.

Gavin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:48 pm 
I am in. I usually to fly to either Reno or Sacramento depending on airfare and friends who are going. We need the JCHS Campsite. Only for the hard core.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:10 pm 
Right now I'm planning on a Telluride > Northwest String Summit > HSMF run and would love to join up with Jamcruisers!!!

Post subject: HSMF I'll be there
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:01 pm 

though the line up is not quite the jamcruise 1 line up I will be there with my vibe card on!! lets try to organize a jamcruise campsite, I have been the last 4 outta 5 years and very familiar with the way the fest works.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:09 pm 

REally hope I can make HSMF this year though the odds are against it.

If'n ya'll git back down here to Phlorida, let me know. Me and my crew of Phloridian cruisers will host a little shindig.

While I'm thinking of it, how many FLORIDA JamCruisers are there?
WE should all get together whenever at Jannus Landing in or the Culture Room or the Social or the Freebird... I think I jhust named every cool Florida venue....except Spirit of the Suwannee!!! yeah - a JamCruise campground for Spring/Magnolia Fest (s)!!!!

Here's a list to get started of Florida Jamcruisers!

Dale from Melbourne
Dana from Ft. Lauderdale
Mimi from Pompano
Paul from Pompano
Chris from Ft. Lauderdale
Ethan and Kelly from Ft. Lauderdale

Peace ya'll,
Dale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:46 pm 
Hey Colonel!
Spring Fest at Suwannee is roght around the corner. I hear Peter Rowan will be there with his Texas Trio. Dark Star by my house next month. We can just sit outside and listen to the music with a cooler full of beer and Molly playing frisbee for free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:59 pm 
HSMF = my summer camp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:19 pm 
HSMF is the best land festival on the scene. Its all jamcruise is minus the water. I highly recommend picking one up if you have the means.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:11 am 

Greetings.....we are planning on hitting High Sierra this year. After 2 years in a row in Bonnaroo land I feel it is time for a change. My wife and I have a 7 year and a two year old. We have heard that HSMF is way more kid centered than say Bonnaroo. We missed them dearly while on JCI but hey we survived!!!! Best time of my life thus far. Can't wait to see all you JCI partners out west in Cali. Much love!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:34 am 
Leave the kids at home. You had a family - you made your choice. Kids should have the opportunity to be kids while they are kids. They should not be exposed to the "adult party" that is omnipresent at these festivals. I don;t care how you raise your kids on your time but get a sitter until you feel like your kids are old enough to be around me while I eat all drugs known to man. I don't wanna be tripping my freaking face off only to have to watchout for your kids. I go to festivals to get away from "reality and responsibility." No one wants your kids around.

Karl D. did a great job with his kids. When I saw them it was only during the "lulls" in that party. And never once were they around when the shit got freaky. I guess if you are capable of doing the same then good luck to you. Bring em but I don't wanna see 'em.

And while I'm thinking of it - people who bring their dogs to shows and leave them sitting in the car are assholes.

(This should rile a few people right up! Especially the irresponsibble parents!)

Post subject: hey then please don't go
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:19 pm 

Yep I would have to say that one did rile me right up and hey I am one the responsible ones to boot. Listen my oldest son has gone to 28 shows..... he has danced onstage with Robert Randolph and gotten down dancing with the best of them at many a Panic show. He has touched peoples lives within the scene and had his life touched as well. He is a blossiming vessal of love and light and this scene and the people within it have bee catalysts to that. Your judgement is ignored and frankly makes me laugh. Seeing children at shows is a wonderful and glorious thing. Teach the children well and tell the children the truth. Oh yeah and try to keep them away from rigid folks like Mr. Guest whose post lays sandwhiched between mine. MUCH LOVE and much love to the concert going, fun-loving , joy enhancing, living, loving, learning kiddos out there! PEACE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:00 pm 

Don't you love it how the people who make the rude posts feel SO strongly about their points that they can't even put their real name? ;) I don't have any children, but if/when I do, I will DEFINITELY bring them to festivals, especially kid-friendly ones like High Sierra. What an amazing energy to grow up around! As for you "Guest," try to think outside your just your own wants & desires! If you want to "eat all the drugs known to man," go for it... And enjoy whatever space you're in, but *respect* the space of others. The festivals out there aren't just for those of us who like to party. They have many facets to them, and there is no reason why we can't all enjoy them. Peace. (One point I do agree with - people who bring their dogs to fests and leave them in their cars are WRONG. Unless you have an RV and can supply your furry kids with AC, AND the fest *allows* animals and you can take them out and play, FIND A DOG SITTER. I have 2 dogs, and I would never subject them to sitting in a car for 3 days.)

http://www.mountainsofthemoon.com

"Forever Family, Forever Grateful"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:03 pm 
Hey Shaun!

You're right and I'm definitely in. I already told my Tahoe friends I'll be seeing them in July.

Any thought on plunking down the $250 for next year's Jamcruise? I have the loot if you want to go in again.

I'm also seriously thinking about SCI in Amsterdam...

...Oh, and Mac 'n' Cheese is back at Griffins for free; I'm going tomorrow.

Cya!

Post subject: to The don't bring your kids viber.........
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:05 pm 

HSMF..... has a whole kids Program... they have a their own area to play games, do arts and crafts, enjoy kiddie shows, and have special family camping.. so read on below, bring your whole family... grandparents too..... I am part of HSMF promotion team and the guy who wrote about fests not being for Kids is totally wrong, why rile people up with your ignorance, you don't even have the balls to write your message under a forum identity, eating all the drugs you can get in your system is not what its all about, thats just a aspect of the late nights which is part of the magic of high sierra ( and kids are asleep then), your posts about it being a place to get away and doing as much narcotics as possible is exactly why this fest has been invaded by the DEA and local cops showing their presence through under covers, hidden cameras, and nailing people for puffing a "J", it was not like this 3 years ago.

So please do not speak for everyone when you say "No one wants your kids around. " and ask your self why your so selfish by only caring about your experience, try to push a good vibe, please, high sierra is a beautiful place to go to and enjoy amazing music and a great place for families to enjoy it together.
No I don't have kids and yes I will be at High Sierra.........
best of vibes'
craig
in Norcal

KIDSTUFF

High Sierra is a great place for kids.

Families love our children's programs which include activities, games, arts & crafts, and special musical shows for children of all ages.

Living Folklore Medicine Show is a vaudeville-styled performance/theater group based in Prescott, AZ that uses the medicine of humor and clowns to entertain, engage and challenge audiences with Clown Yoga, storytelling and more.

A special interactive kids parade will involve kids of all ages.
Family Camp in Shady Grove Campground is quieter at night and is designed for families with small children.