The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for Pics of JC II left behinders!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:47 pm 
So, I keep reading about these poor 31 people who were left behind, or missed the boat, on JC II.....I would imagine that someone had to have seen them and maybe taken a picture???? Or did everyone just smile and wave goodbye at these idiots who fell into the small percentage of people that did not read the flyer everyone receives at their cabin giving info on ship dock times ? Anyhow, Jam Cruise I "ROCKED" , see you at HSMF!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:55 pm 
I have a picture, actually 4 of them. Not really anyone waving and screaming in them. Actually, not really much of anyone on the dock looking like they are missing the boat - and this is when the boat started to pull away and the tugs were pushing off...hmm...

Sorry, not digi eaither, not a fan of digi pics - always about burning film...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:24 pm 
it is a FACT that cruise workers told people the wrong time to return. i KNOW this because i was told five o'clock myself.

why so much hate towards these unfortunate folks?

Post subject: i don't know about anyone else...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:19 am 
but i was getting down in the sunlight and beautiful day on the promenade deck. hackensaw boys treated everyone by doing a purely improvisational acoustic set at the time of departure. everyone was dancing & being really silly - dancing in circles holding hands - leaping - etc. people on the cruise ship next to us - i think it was a royal carribean - were waving (on several decks) as we pulled out of the harbor. :) we were waving back. dj medi4 did an awesome set following the "boys" that spurred his remark, "this is the kind of party i've been waiting for." there were just so many happy souls enjoying the sweet ocean air and the beautiful vibe. it didn't seem like there was a problem in the world. blissful.

really put a damper on things only a few minutes later when someone first told me 31 people were left at the dock...

jamcruiseII rocked my world. but let's all make an oath next time - one for all and all for one. no one gets left behind. that's just the way it has to be. we'll look out for one another more & think about sh*t like that...if we can. :)

this wrong must be righted somehow so there's no bad karma going into 2005. i'd like to see all the stranded cruisers back on the boat in 2005. maybe we could have a reunion celebration with a special cake & candles for our stranded castaways... (on the gilligan's island location in nassau...hmmm...) :) champagne for everyone!!! all the stranded peeps could have free or greatly reduced passage & a special reward for enduring the hardships of the mighty sea. :) or maybe some late night shrimp on the barbie or something like that. we'd have to anchor in nassau overnight.

just an idea...
jamgrrl

Post subject: jam cruisers
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:24 am 
No hate really, just wondering how this could happen, and it is unfortunate....Does anyone that was left behind have a picture of the boat leaving them???? That would be an interesting snapshot.....

Post subject: I was one of the unfortunate ones...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:25 pm 

... that was left behind. :roll:

I don't have have a pic of us standing on the dock... but I did take a shot of da boat rockin' away (as tears swelled up in my eyes :cry: ) ... I'll share it soon. :D

Oh and no need to hate on all of us... only some are feeling like it was someone elses fault other than there own and acting out about it all. Personally I know I knew 4:30 and got there at like 5 minutes after or so... I just 'assumed' we'd have a few moment grace period. I mean we left Nassau an hour and half later than announced. Anyhoo.... word is everything happens for a reason and it is apparent in my life why my crew was to adventure up the Keys that nite instead of boogy to Karl D & Galactic. Crazy as that might seem. :wink:

Now the $300 fee was a HARSH one to take and we'd love some help from Madison House with that one... Ouch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:13 pm 
Many props to you for taking responsibility for your own actions. With such an older crowd I was really suprised how others couldn't see that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:11 pm 
I was left and I can care less. The cruise rocked, just wish I couldve joined the party for the last night. Oh well there is always next year.