The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: it's all over now. . . emma blue
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:44 pm 

While a man I loved serenaded me late one night in NYC to Bob Dylan's "It's All over Now Baby Blue" he inserted Emma in place of baby.
I entered this name soon after on the Langerado forum (my first festival) and it stuck. Everyone calls me Emma Blue, I am going to change it legally soon. I receive checks addressed to Emma Blue.

Miracle2005 --I remember you, that was the year I was miracled!

Bodhi--OOh whats a bodhisattva? Illuminate us please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:53 am 

tough to figure mine out 8)

bring on the funk....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:50 pm 

ec= my initials

I suspect you can figure the rest out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:18 pm 

I was named after the beatles song and this was my AOL username back a decade or so ago. Its now my username for everything hehe.

Good to see there are some Penn Staters on here...while my username doesn't say it, I went to PSU and had some of my better days there! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:49 pm 

bump so we can get more background intel on usernames

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:04 pm 

Well .... After being summoned to Earth by Rasputin back in the 40's, I was given this name by my human father since my real name when spoken will bring about the destruction of your world by the Old Gods .....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:07 pm 

HELLBU0Y wrote:
Well .... After being summoned to Earth by Rasputin back in the 40's, I was given this name by my human father since my real name when spoken will bring about the destruction of your world by the Old Gods .....
DAD! You speak so fondly of Grampa.... How are you... How have things been working with the overlord of the Underworld? Good? Say hi to Mom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:24 pm 

I guess I still owe an explanation of my forum name that was not meant to be: sitdancer.

Trying not to make this too long, but I still have to digress a little. So a lot of the cultural and recreational life in Germany is organized in so called e.V. (eingetragener Verein), a "registered association" or "club", how I will no proceed to call it. From Wiki:

Quote:
is a legal status for a registered voluntary association in Germany and Austria. While any group may be called a Verein, registration as eingetragener Verein holds many legal benefits because a registered association may legally function as a corporate body (juristic person) rather than just a group of individuals.

To augment that: if you are non-profit e.V. you can receive tax deductible donations among other things. Most sports are organized in this way (and up to the pro level, because theoretically with relegation you can found a new club, start in the lowest devision and work your way up to the top) but also a lot charitable and other organizations. That being said, it is relatively easy to found such a club (only takes a couple of members willing to do so charter for an application).

Another German peculiarity is something called the 'Amtsblatt', which is basically a weekly local newspaper were the mayor's office, political parties in the district, schools, churches and these clubs get to post their news and events.

Sooooo, our initial idea was to create some crazy political party in order to post weird stuff in that paper. But, founding a party, unlike a club, actually takes a lot more effort and more people. So, founding a club was the easy way out. But what for? So as we sit around and ponder, sharing some party favors and listening to music as we do so, there seems to be a natural propensity to move. This is how the Sitztanzverein Filderstadt e.V was conceived. And that's how I got my name, that I don't use here for reasons stated earlier but that I am using pretty much anywhere else online.

Bob Marley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:52 am 

Reggaeboyz wrote:
I guess I still owe an explanation of my forum name that was not meant to be: sitdancer.

Trying not to make this too long, but I still have to digress a little. So a lot of the cultural and recreational life in Germany is organized in so called e.V. (eingetragener Verein), a "registered association" or "club", how I will no proceed to call it. From Wiki:

Quote:
is a legal status for a registered voluntary association in Germany and Austria. While any group may be called a Verein, registration as eingetragener Verein holds many legal benefits because a registered association may legally function as a corporate body (juristic person) rather than just a group of individuals.

To augment that: if you are non-profit e.V. you can receive tax deductible donations among other things. Most sports are organized in this way (and up to the pro level, because theoretically with relegation you can found a new club, start in the lowest devision and work your way up to the top) but also a lot charitable and other organizations. That being said, it is relatively easy to found such a club (only takes a couple of members willing to do so charter for an application).

Another German peculiarity is something called the 'Amtsblatt', which is basically a weekly local newspaper were the mayor's office, political parties in the district, schools, churches and these clubs get to post their news and events.

Sooooo, our initial idea was to create some crazy political party in order to post weird stuff in that paper. But, founding a party, unlike a club, actually takes a lot more effort and more people. So, founding a club was the easy way out. But what for? So as we sit around and ponder, sharing some party favors and listening to music as we do so, there seems to be a natural propensity to move. This is how the Sitztanzverein Filderstadt e.V was conceived. And that's how I got my name, that I don't use here for reasons stated earlier but that I am using pretty much anywhere else online.

Yes, but we just prefer to call you Felix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:25 am 

Felix .... He's slightly harmless

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:49 am 

Sitztanzverein translates to something like sit-dance-club, right? What does Filderstadt mean Felix? Neat story, thanks for sharing :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:36 pm 

serk wrote:
Sitztanzverein translates to something like sit-dance-club, right? What does Filderstadt mean Felix? Neat story, thanks for sharing :)

Filderstadt is my hometown in Germany.

We actually managed to have a Sitztanzverein in Budapest, Chicago, Cologn and Heidelberg at the hight of our power. World domination was within our grasp, but then we got lazy. :lol:

Bob Marley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:49 pm 

it's my birth name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:04 pm 

Hellbouy was taken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:51 pm 

I've been around a long time...used to kick it with my homeboy JC. For real, just google it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next