It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: What was the first concert you ever saw
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:48 am 

Van Halen - circa '80

closely followed by:

Big Country
Frankie Goes to Hollywood
one of those Rock Superbowls in Orlando: John Cougar (before Mellancamp); Loverboy; and Fleetwood Mac (3 of us lied to our parents that we were spending the night at each others houses and drove from Miami to Orlando. Go a room about 2 miles away from the stadium, but it took us 2 hours to find it after due to gravity problems - ended up actually asking a cop we were so desperate!)

eta: my son will have quite a different story since he has been going to Amberland and Suwannee Music Park since he was 3!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:36 pm 

Ria3934 wrote:
Oh god...... I was 13 and it was Garth Brooks.......

My first concert was Garth Brooks too!!! It was at the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh and I went with my parents and brother. My first rock concert was Def Leppard in '93 and I was introduced to the Jam Band scene by Melissa at Sunshine Daydream Farm in West Virginia.

It was called Higher Ground and had a sick lineup including: Galactic, Soulive, Keller Williams, Karl Denson's Tiny Universe, Robert Randolph & The Family Band, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Charlie Hunter, DJ Logic, The Slip, ulu, John Brown's Body, Topaz, Brothers Past, Guest, Jen Durkin & The Bomb Squad, The Ordinary Way, Addison Groove Project, Schleigho, Jim Donovan from Rusted Root, Townhall, Al & The Transamericans, Joe Sweet from Jomama and the Soultrane, and Marly Hornick. That was the start of the beautiful musical journey that we're currently enjoying!!! :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: