The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post 5 interetsing facts about yourself
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:47 pm 

Melissa, welcome to the gang.
From one nerd to another - you are interesting indeed and math is sexy!
And from one former smoker to another - cigarettes are like an old boy/girl friend. You aren't over it until you stopped hating!
JC is coming up and you have front seats at the most amazing circus you will ever know!
Live and let live - be free - enjoy the ride.

peace
Knut.

Uh-oh - well... I'm a big cuddly Swede that loves JC and plays {fussball, music, through, well with opthers, or myself if I have to}
:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:48 pm 

harmonykitten wrote:
Melissa wrote:
Pleasure to "meet" you all, & if I haven't, hope to meet you soon! :D

Pleased to meet you Melissa! I'm Jammin Bo Peep (or Harmony in the real world). I'm glad you'll be joining our jamily next year :DANCE: I'm sure you've heard a lot about Jam Cruise already, but I thought I'd give you my little spiel anyway:

Jam Cruise is a revelation. It's laughter and joy.  It's harmony and family.  It's comfort and adventure.  It's discovery, exploration and rejuvenation.

Just as you're about to get on the boat, stop and ask yourself "have I ever suddenly had all of my dreams come true?" well, you're about to.  Welcome to Jam Cruise!
Pleased to meet you as well, Harmony! I literally cannot wait to experience Jam Cruise first hand, and have no doubt that it will indeed be a dream come true. I feel blessed to be a part of this jam experience, but more so part of such a beautiful jamily!

odman wrote:
Melissa, welcome to the gang.
From one nerd to another - you are interesting indeed and math is sexy!
And from one former smoker to another - cigarettes are like an old boy/girl friend. You aren't over it until you stopped hating!
JC is coming up and you have front seats at the most amazing circus you will ever know!
Live and let live - be free - enjoy the ride.

peace
Knut.

Uh-oh - well... I'm a big cuddly Swede that loves JC and plays {fussball, music, through, well with opthers, or myself if I have to}
Thanks for the warm welcome, & also pleased to meet you! & glad you think I'm interesting, I appreciate it. I like your boyfriend girlfriend cigarette theory... I'd like to think I'm over it, I'd just like it if everyone else was over it too :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:14 pm 

bumping because there are tons of n00bs around now that we haven't heard from.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:06 pm 

Looks like you kicked it to me Knut...

1. My father's side are direct descendants of a large family of Jewish Eastern European Gypsy musicians who traveled all over Russia (mostly what is now Romania and Lithuania) playing at weddings and other celebrations. I'm third generation American with every single person in my family being 100% Jewish and (if born between 1920 and 1970) hailing from Pittsburgh, PA.

2. Gypsy roots run deep, I've lived in two continents, two countries, five states, countless counties.

3. When you figure out where on this magical, spinning sphere you love to be, it's not hard to ground oneself. I've lived on my farm for over eight years now, the longest I've lived anywhere, ever.

4. I have 12 animals at my farm: two horses (one of whom I've been with since before Jerry died), a miniature donkey, two goats, a Jacob sheep, two orange barn cats, a pair of pot bellied pigs, and my two very special dogs. Every last one of them is here because they needed a safe place to live where they wouldn't be eaten and could live long happy lives together. Yes, they're all pets.

5. My first concert was 8/30/85: WHAM! with Katrina and the Waves and Chaka Kahn in Hollywood, CA. First GD show was 8/4/89 in Sacramento, CA. I've been to hundreds and hundreds (thousands???) of shows and many, many dozen (hundreds???) of festivals and multi-day events, I can say, without any doubt in my mind, that Jam Cruise is the most concentrated opportunity to see the most amazing people, the most amazing musical moments, the most beautiful scenery, all in the same place at the same time.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:35 pm 

ride_em_high wrote:
Looks like you kicked it to me Knut...

1. My father's side are direct descendants of a large family of Jewish Eastern European Gypsy musicians

Wow, you definitely have a story. When I was playing jazz (clarinet) I met a lot of musicians from Eastern Europe on my trips. That was the one thing I always wanted to learn but never could master. I still to this day have no idea how to play Klezmer. I think it's one of these things you either have in your DNA or you don't. I always loved listening to it though. Looking forward to meet you on the ship!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:18 pm 

1. I'm a former Marine, who worked at the White House, and Camp David.
2. I'm a former news anchor.
3. I've interviewed BB King. Three times.
4. I served in Iraq.
5. I've lived in the following countries for at least six months each: U.S., Norway, Sweden, India, Japan, Korea, Iraq.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:35 pm 

jandycole wrote:
5. I've lived in the following countries for at least six months each: Norway, Sweden...

^^where and when? I'm curious because I hail from this area.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:08 pm 

Norway in 1982...Tromso, or near there.
Sweden in 1986, Stockholm.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:03 pm 

1. I have been attacked by a bull, 3 dogs, a raccoon, a cat and a big 8 pt buck. Two of the dogs did me damage. One of them, pretty bad. I regularly have close calls with squirrels.

2. I have fallen over 20 feet to the ground at least six times without getting hurt. Backwards off high dive onto concrete as a kid. Out the window of my fraternity house....

3. I grew up jumping off of bridges, cliffs, roofs and balconies into water. (Not to worry C9 & MSC)

4. I flipped my station wagon over on the strip in Ft. Lauderdale in 1988. The tap broke off the keg and beer was spraying wildly as I climbed through my window. Police were already on scene and let me go. I continued this type of behavior until 2005 and am thankful for today.

5. I have never been to New Orleans despite that it has long been the place I want to visit most.

6. I killed a raccoon, two dogs and a big 8 pt. buck.

7. I couldn't think of one interetsing (sp.) thing about myself until I read the first six pages of this most enjoyable thread. So now I've got seven.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:23 am 

1. My first Dead show was at Madison Square Garden in 1988 on the last night of their Rain Forest Benefit run at the tender age of 15.

2. I was a staff coumnist for Jambands.com for many years (via a connection with Jefferson Waful, who I used to see Jiggle the Handle shows with in Worcester and Boston in the mid-late 90s).

3. I got married (for the 2nd and final time) in New Zealand on 11-10-11 in the midst of a 3 week campervan excursion on both islands.

4. My sister was the top ranked female US Pro Ironman Triathlete (placed a high of 4th at the World Championships in Hawaii, won Ironman Switzerland, 2nd at Ironman Austria, etc.).

5. I went to high school with the original "Orbit Gum Girl."

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:00 am 

1) Lived in ireland for one year when I was 4.

2) Grew up listening to classical and church music, was a Boy Scout and earned Eagle Scout.

3) First rock concert: Aerosmith, Providence, R.I. Jan. 1990 (Skid Row opened up for them :lol: )

4) Saw the Rolling Stones in East Berlin, Germany in August of 1990

5) First music festiville was Camp Creek....would love to see Max Creek on the Boat!!!!

6) New Orleans Jazz Fest opened my eyes, ears and mind to the greatest music.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:12 pm 

Bumping for all our new peeps on the Forum. Come in and represent!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:49 pm 

1-most girls wish they had my toenails
2-i did at one time write radio commercials in burlington vt
3-our dog mattingly is named after one of greatest new york yankees ever &he never won a world series!
4-i've seen live music in 46 of the 50 states,
5-i'm always down to funk

if ya haven't guessed, it's not mindy posting this ;)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:43 pm 

I don't really do this, but good buzz on so here you go.
1. Happily married 22 years with four kids.
2. First JC. First time we have been alone away from the kids more than two days for 20.5 years. Seriously.
3. Prog Rock fan turned Deadhead. Saw Jerry and John Kahn accoustic at Dunsmeir House in Oakland 1985. That cemented my love for Jerry.
4. I'm a metallurgical engineer who loves making, breaking, forming, selecting, and talking about metal. Second oldest profession. :D
5. I think live music is the highest form of expression in real time. I play instruments, but focus on sax. Wish I could do it for a living.

Driftin' and dreamin', driftin' and dreamin'.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:26 am 

1. My first Dead show, Dylan and dead RFK 85, seen the boys around 150 times
2. First time to Pacific N.W. hoped a freight train to Seattle for Dead and Santana Tacoma dome
3. Hitched to Alaska in 89, got a rid in the Yukon in a vw bus going to Homer, got a job on a boat, still live in Homer in a light house.
4. Traveled in the winter to Asia, been to Nepal 8 or 9 times, also love India.
5. Currently a captain in Douala, Cameroon my whole crew are form Ghana and I'm there wild American dead head captain.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next