The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Job Opps
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:44 am 
hello annabelle and julie and all the wonderful people who helped to make the jam cruise a reality, i was aboard jam cruise 1 and i was wondering for 2005 if there is any type of job i could have aboard the boat, say some kind of boat roadie, in charge of equipment or to keep a watchful eye on certain sections on the boat for i have heard some things got stolen.. and it would be an absolute dream come true to work with such a good crew, seeing my friends mike zarp archive and tape looked like the funnest time, so if there is ANYTHING i can do please let me know i have very good knowledge of musical instruments for i have been playing guitar for about 11 years now... if any of you guys could throw me an email at viza@comcast.net to discuss something further..there is many jobs i have been thinking of since i got back that i think would make certain people not have to be stressed and run around all day, i do not want to get paid for anything i could do, but more over say something along the lines of a discount or even a held spot for me, since i am in my early 20's and cannot afford to put down a deposit at the moment (inbetween jobs) i would just love to be a part of some kind of help on the cruise next year after seeing such good people running this!! thanks for yer time and a wonderful idea put to light! ( you can ask my buddys from particle, im good at moving equipment, setting up etc.)

thank you!
Gar

Post subject: a real believer...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:29 pm 
GARY (or GAR if that's what you prefer) - first off Annabel (nice try on the spelling though) and Julie are the SAME PERSON - shows you have your things straight...are you out of your mind? are you kidding? do you actually think things like this worth? THEY DON'T!!! Nice to see you have hope though...YA BUM! go out and get a job to make enough money to pay for this (which you have enough time to do) or DON'T COME! don't try to get on for free and have a 'job on the boat' - well in that case, JAMCRUISE, if you do have a job, any job, i would definitely be interested as well. So please contact me. don't get me wrong, gary sounds like jamcruise could definitely use him - he can 'keep a watchful eye on certain sections on the boat' - and i'm sure he will have the FUNNEST (is he kidding?) time - and thanks to playing the guitar, he has 'good knowledge of musical instruments - he also has many jobs he has been thinking of that can earn him a DISCOUNT or a HELD SPOT (once again, is he kidding?) thanks for our time? buddies from particle? (YOU WISH) - they know he is 'good at moving equipment and seeting up, etc.' - ask them? RIGHT...you jackass! obviously i am much better qualified than this idiot - PLEASE NEVER POST AGAIN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:20 pm 
That was pretty harsh. Why all the negativity? I dont think there is anything wrong with volunteering so you can get on cheap or even free. I have volunteered for many festivals and the Fox theatre in Atlanta so I could get in for free,(well I volunteered at the fox just to get in cause wsp was sold out, and it was the only way) plus its just fun being a part of something great and helping out. Its alot of work, but fun and rewarding. Gary, dont listen to this person who is obviously not very down with anything. I was wondering the same thing as you, but would rather have no other obligations on the boat!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:31 pm 
Next time send a private message so you dont get ragged on. There are alot of biscuits fans who frequent this board :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:18 pm 
I have friends who volunteer at many festivals out west (Telluride and such..) and then get free passes. I am sure they have many volunteers as is for Jam Cruise. Nice try though, Gary!
That's funny about the Bisquit fans frequenting the board. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:55 pm 
He's a resume man, he's a resume man, if he can't do it i don't know who can....

Post subject: Re: a real believer...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:41 pm 
Is this guy kidding? wrote:
GARY (or GAR if that's what you prefer) - first off Annabel (nice try on the spelling though) and Julie are the SAME PERSON - shows you have your things straight...are you out of your mind? are you kidding? do you actually think things like this worth? THEY DON'T!!! Nice to see you have hope though...YA BUM! go out and get a job to make enough money to pay for this (which you have enough time to do) or DON'T COME! don't try to get on for free and have a 'job on the boat' - well in that case, JAMCRUISE, if you do have a job, any job, i would definitely be interested as well. So please contact me. don't get me wrong, gary sounds like jamcruise could definitely use him - he can 'keep a watchful eye on certain sections on the boat' - and i'm sure he will have the FUNNEST (is he kidding?) time - and thanks to playing the guitar, he has 'good knowledge of musical instruments - he also has many jobs he has been thinking of that can earn him a DISCOUNT or a HELD SPOT (once again, is he kidding?) thanks for our time? buddies from particle? (YOU WISH) - they know he is 'good at moving equipment and seeting up, etc.' - ask them? RIGHT...you jackass! obviously i am much better qualified than this idiot - PLEASE NEVER POST AGAIN!

I hope you can't afford the trip next year. What a jerk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:07 am 

Anonymous wrote:
Next time send a private message so you dont get ragged on. There are alot of biscuits fans who frequent this board :wink:

you know, i read this board alot, and for everyone saying be nice and whatnot, what an asshole thing to say, so should i assume you have met every fan of this band? cause i can guarantee you, whatever band you choose to like there will be many a asshole in the crowd, and im not trying to perpetuate this theory you have, just saying that yu shouldnt judge a fanbase by one or two idiots

Keelan

Post subject: dude needs to relax
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:25 am 
ok , so i apoligize to this guy cause it seemed like i made a complete ass of myself or of him for that matter. wow can you believe this superior person? well i wont continue with any negativity and im sorry annabelle for confusing you with uh you ;) i met you many a times on the boat, you know erik koral? hes a good friend of mine same with ben and steph im not super sensitve or nothin but that did in a way kinda hurt, it being 530am right now and me checkin it over kinda shocked me that someone cared enough to breakdown my message so word by word... but anyway annabelle i would love to get in contact with you about other things, (basically to chat and say hello again) if you have instant messenger my name is Fikusps and my emails stated on the other such idiotic post i made, once again i had a fabulous time on the jamcruise i just wish i could throw that deposit down right now it saddens me to think i cant do it as of now with my money situation you know particle...you wish? what was that even about i was totally not trying to say hey im cool more over tryin to relate with annabelle and put faces we both together anyway thats enough for now ,

missin the jamcruise everyday

"is this guy kidding, NO he isnt"
Gar ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:45 am 

i've been part of the jamband scene for many years, and really hate the way so much negativity is taking hold. i was a dead head for over 20 years, and was lucky enough to be around when this whole scene was just getting started. please let's try to keep the magic alive. fwiw, i've been a huge fan of the biscuits for 4 years now. the majority of their fans are well educated, fun loving, great people. it's a shame the same posters keep feeling a need to trash the whole scene, again and again. why not put your energies into doing some good?

Post subject: Positivity and Overstanding
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:20 pm 
:idea: :?: :arrow:
words OR not?

Thxk about it folks -
remember the negativity in the line for immigration?
i was loving that line - cuz w/o that que and being in it we wouldn't've been on the BOAT!

...just a thought...
that's kinda ruf 'bout the TDBs fans, wonder what "team" that poster is on....as for me i'm generally on the Other One

Cheers & Beirs!
i&i
:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:43 pm 
I think soulsistah is the only one who got it. It was meant to be a joke :lol:

Post subject: on another note
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:32 am 
i really think an open jam should be a daily item , especially if the music doesnt start til say around 5oclock, i think it would be very appealing to us muscians as a given bonus to have open jams everyday from 12-4, possibly have a sighn up sheet, along with a given muscican every hour for an hour, for example : steve molitz 12-1 (with other muscians to come an go as they please) mark brownstein 1-2 etc etc. and maybe have someone taping the whole thing and at the end of the cruise have a prize for the best passenger open jam and have them play their own set at nite!(maybe a little far fetched) but for us muscians on the boat that would be a great way for alot of people to hear our playing! what i woulda gave to been able to play guitar up there with other jamcruisers and someone from a band, just think of all the creative energy being on a boat having the best time of yer life all relax!

make it happen!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:23 pm 

i highly agree with that^^, if i wanted to listen to pop radio i would have brought a radio. i dont go on a cruise to hear top 40