The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:14 am 

MissAslan wrote:

Sarah will do! We are in Georgia tonight..lack of sleep caught up to us!! We should be calling Bob tomorrow morning (Saturday) and I think we will be in your area tomorrow night or Sunday. See how my driver feels...no hurry right? I'd love to see you!! we can talk costumes!!! I need some help getting my head on straight!

sounds good.... the one day i am always off is sunday. i'll pm you my #. but as far as helping you get your head on straight.... well... no guarantees there.
you may have me mistaken for someone else :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:33 pm 

ya wear one of your costumes out to the the store...to buy more costumes :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:41 pm 

glassblow1 wrote:
ya wear one of your costumes out to the the store...to buy more costumes :)

what did you wear???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:12 pm 

speed racer style plastic helmet (virgin party protective wear), and got LOTS of strange looks....going to the bar in my robe now :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:50 pm 

When you read a Phrazz post in full just because it's on this board.

Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:07 am 

Location: near the shores of Lake Ontario, Albion, New York USA
JustBob wrote:
When you read a Phrazz post in full just because it's on this board.

Bob

LOL! good one Bob, and oh so true. I thought I was the only one.
Can't wait to tip one back with you Bob. 5 days to go!

Image "Let Their Be Songs To Fill The Air"Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:37 am 

I came across this email I received a couple days after we got off the ship last year, and had to share :) This is from my friend Tracey that I dragged on board last year as a virgin - obviously she & her hubby are back on board this year, and we are dragging 2 more with us also :)

Tracey's email wrote:
Well we have finally crawled out of our much needed super nap. it has taken us just a few days to recover from our Jam Cruise adventure. There is just so much insanely exciting stuff going on that it's not hard to go 24 hours without sleeping or a shower - REALLY!!!! -That late nite jam room is so horribly seductive and intimate - it just keeps you boogying till way past sunrise (I'm gonna have arthritis in my ankles after this week)-stop for a little breakfast and some pina coladas and the next thing you know you barely have time to change your clothes before some other phenomenal show is starting. The setting on the boat is so positive karma - such a great group of fellow music lovers who just seem to be filled with pure and unadulterated glee - constantly bumping into the musicians as they eat, catch a tan, or are catching the shows. Although I didn't realize it at first (duh Tracey duh), I ended up dancing my ass off with John Kadlecik of DSO in the Jam Room that last night. If I ran into Karl Denson one more time in the hallway I think he was going to have to do some explaining to my husband. Oh my god, and who can forget when Warren came down and sat in at the end of New Monsoons last set in the Lyrica Lounge and there were only like 20 of us there? There is space for all on this ship, overcrowding is not an issue at any of the shows. And the musicians are all whores - they play their scheduled sets - they play the jam room till the wee hours of the nite - they sit in with the other bands -the play the super jam - they play the everyone orchestra. I think I saw Kimmock play at least 3 times a day every day.

Floating out in the gulf of Mexico, nothing around as far as the eye can see, music and dancing, the warm ocean breeze blowing through your hair, trip screens projected off the radar towers, chaos yet perfect harmony! All I can say is I am now counting down the days till next year. This will now be added to our annual pilgrimages.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:50 am 

That was beautiful Sharon!! Please introduce me to Tracey!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:44 pm 

i'm about to jump out of my skin! can't freakin wait...it almost seems like a burden to have to sit through 2 nights of widespread muthafuckin panic before i can leave for florida! but somehow i think i'll make it :twisted:

Jamcruise 6: Bellini 10132

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:30 pm 

ahhhh tracey... that just made me tear up.

apparently, one is too excited for jamcruise when they well up with tears at least once a day thinking about it!! hooray for happy tears!

and you know you're too excited for jamcruise when you keep lurking the board instead of getting packed! need to do that.... NOW!

good thing there's a laptop in the living room! ha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:37 pm 

I was one of the 20 people at the New Monsoon set. Warren was so sick, but he kicked ass anyway.

Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:23 am 

LIRR wrote:
When you spent friday night pressing our jam cruise clothes. Had to put water in theiron twice! Was never more excited to iron ever!

When you spend all night Ironing your recently designed dee's diner shirts for people you don't even know yet! Try to get yours Sunday night During Les's set, wait for the song the look for flyin tee's!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:36 am 

YOu know you're too excited when you dream about the cruise and you've never been on the cruise before and you dream about the people on the board....and you've never met any of them! Friends in advance. How cool is that?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:46 am 

When you wake up and the first thing you say is "Three days until we leave for Jam Cruise!!" instead of "Happy Anniversary" :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:15 pm 

natcoleking wrote:
LIRR wrote:
When you spent friday night pressing our jam cruise clothes. Had to put water in theiron twice! Was never more excited to iron ever!

When you spend all night Ironing your recently designed dee's diner shirts for people you don't even know yet! Try to get yours Sunday night During Les's set, wait for the song the look for flyin tee's!

sweet!

Jamcruise 6: Bellini 10132

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next