The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Schwillie sighting
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:52 pm 
I had the pleasure of running into everyone's favorite inebriate at the Robert Walter's 20th Congress show this weekend in Birmingham. He was actually coherent. I know everybody on Jam Cruise 1 had at least one run-in with this guy. Let's hear you're favorite Schwillie story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:02 pm 
are you talking about that tall longhaired violent dancing guy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:59 pm 

During the awards ceremony I was standing next to this guy... every minute or two he would turn to me and say some completely incoherent jibberish, hold up his drink and we would toast. I found it pretty damn amusing and went ahead and started to respond to him in the same manner. We were talking complete jibberish to each other, and I was having a blast doing it... after 4 days on the high seas actually communicating in english wasn't really that important anyways... Next thing you know, that particular award goes out, and that martian that I was waxin' with freaks out even more and runs up on stage to receive his award. Too funny! :shock: :lol: :P :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:17 pm 
...and guess who I saw at the YMSB show in Atlanta? BOOOOOOOOOOORAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:32 pm 
It was about 7 something in the morning and we were all staggering in the line for immigration. We were having fun, telling jokes (anyone remember what a gay cow says?), laughing, etc.... We were just trying to make the best of it. Even Frenchy. (LOL) We had a great laugh watching as some, oh we'll call em Bisco fans (LMAO), tried to cut in line. We watched as many Bisco fans (Still LMAO) cut in line and people were too tired or scared (again LMAO) to challenge them. Until schwillie-boy tried to cut in line in front of our cheerful little crowd. We got louder and louder and more vocal until Schwillie finally succumbed to our taunts and went away, yes, you guessed it, spewing copious amounts of incoherent gibberish. It came as no surprise to us or anyone else that that kid got recognized with an award. Garbaz, you were there when Schwillie tried to cut the line!

That's just one of my run-ins with schwillie. There were numerous others. I was amazed that out of 800 people on board that boat, I just kept running into this kid and he kept wanting to tell me something. At no time did I ever understand one syllable coming from his mouth. The first time I smiled and nodded politely. After that, whenever he'd approcach me I'd just look at him and laugh. He would laugh, slap me on the back, and move on to the next person.

(No Bisco fans were harmed in the writing of this email) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:59 pm 

The Grand Schwilladellick graced me with his presence on a few occasions. After one of the all night blowouts ( I forget which one) a group of us were sittiing by the far end of the pool and he was there "talking" to myself and my girlfriend. Underneath it all, I bet you he is a real nice guy. But I was hoping to holy hell he would just shut the hell up.

Raspy giberish with a random outburst of laughter. I was on a lot of stuff but it wasn't nearly enough to drown him out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:13 pm 
Was he on JCII as well? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:14 pm 

Nope, he wasn't on JCII....

We had our own name for Mr. Schwillie..... The Beer Whisperer.

It seemed so fitting.

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:32 pm 
My encounter with Mr. Schwillie on JCII was a bit scary. He seemed to be an angry Schwillie :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:55 pm 
Reading these posts brought back a few memories that I didn't realize were there. I remember him now! If it's the same rambling guy from JC1 that parked himself by us a few times and just kept talking and making no sense...It's all starting to come back now....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:17 pm 
I remember going to the bar next to the main stage and nodding at him like hey what's up. He nodded back then began to speak in what I like to call "Tazmanian Devil".

Post subject: Schwillie from JC I vs Schwillie from JC II
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:05 am 
Anybody know the JC II Schwillie :roll: Seems like Mr. JC 1 was having a great time. :shock:

Post subject: Close encounters of the blurred kind....
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:47 am 

I keep running into The swchilly guy from JC1 or "jay" I believe is his name. Twice so far in Boston. Once for Umphrey's and again at Garaj MahaL.... and I'd have to say he's pretty much the same,, or maybe I just can't understand what he's saying.... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:00 pm 
For clarification, what does Schwilly JC1 look like? I just want to see if I'm have the same guy in mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:19 pm 

http://www.jambands.com/Features/conten ... 9.09.phtml

he is the last picture.. the guy with this hands in the air