The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:14 am 
I see...my friend, the Colonel, got a room on the Sun Deck, I think it was (what ever deck the main stage was on up top) and payed over $1000 per person. It was definitely a closer walk at the end of the night (or shall I say, the beginning of the next morning..) and the bathroom was bigger. The bedroom was also more spacious. I don't think it was worth the money though. I mean, by the end of the night I really don't care where I fall asleep as long as it's quiet. I guarantee that won't happen again on JC3 since there were alot of people complaining about getting raped with the costs. It worked out for me, since I could afford it. But if I was one of the folks that paid full price, I'd be pissed too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:31 am 

yeah, its just bs, and i hold a grudge against it, but i still had the best fuckin time of my life on that boat :D

Post subject: Costs
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:08 pm 
I don't understand how people can still be complaining about the costs. We payed for one of the more expensive rooms, and it was one of the best vacation values of our lives. Of course there were some minor problems involved, but it was the first time out.

The JC folks have been all ears as far as suggestions for improvement. I for one am looking forward to JCIII. I just hope the best rooms are still avaiable when my number comes up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:35 pm 

keelan123 wrote:
yeah, its just bs, and i hold a grudge against it, but i still had the best fuckin time of my life on that boat :D

Well said.

I'm the one the Soulsistah mentioned... My room was on the Promenade Deck. I paid $2,280 for my girlfriend and I and that was with the "early reservation bonus discount" of something like $150.00.

As for it being one of the best vacation values... yeah, I'm inclined to agree. Think about the fact that it's food AND room AND ticket price included and how could you do any better? They don't even charge more for late night shows like some festivals (HSMF). But if you don't know why people are complaining about the costs.... go back and reread some of my (and many other's) older posts on this board.

I was as angry/bitter/pissed-off as anyone when I saw the deals that latecomers were getting. After all, I was one of the very first to make my reservations so I paid full price. I'm still pissed. Screw me and I NEVER forget it. Will that deter me form going on number three? No. I'll give them another chance next year. Everyone deserves another chance. Hell, just the "idea" of a JamCruise is so cool that it deserves many chances.

There was MUCH room for improvement in this year's JamCruises. That makes sense as it was the FIRST year for JamCruise. Provided the same key players are on the production staff, I would think that next year's cruise will definitely be better. Sadly though, I bet we get a bigger ship. I know ours seemed a bit "ghetto" to some. And, by modern cruise line standards, it was. Come on, this was NOT Celebrity Cruise Lines. But to make an analogy: it's sometimes in the ghetto that you find all the cool architecture and unique houses. This boat had charm. Have you been to NOLA? It's like this.. You could stay at the Marriott. You could stay at the Doubletree. OR.... You could stay at the Crescent on Canal, or the Hotel St. Marie, or some other equivalent "old"style hotel. There's certainly something to be said for both sides of the argument. Really too bad that you have to trade charm for amenities but that would seem to be the case here.

Not too far back I posted some ideas for the staff to "make it up" to the people who paid full price and got screwed. They should get a discounted rate or some kind of future consideration. Maybe that's been addressed in the form of the opportunity for early reservation and cabin selection. Nothing will quite make up for the cold, hard cash, but the idea's nice.

I guess I'm going to be on JC3. My credit card has been charged for the deposit. I can't imagine the line-up could be any less impressive than this past year. You know Galactic's down. You know you've seen some hints on this board and others about who's going to be there. I think the fanbase will be widespread. I don't think anyone will have to leave the boat early this time either.

You know it's gonna be great. I just want to be treated fairly and equally this time. Just like the 14th amendment guarantees me. Alas, JamCruise is not a state and I'm not a lawyer. So, I'm going to be quiet again.

Dale

Cloaking device ....engaged!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:35 pm 
FunkMeister wrote:
Not too far back I posted some ideas for the staff to "make it up" to the people who paid full price and got screwed. They should get a discounted rate or some kind of future consideration. Maybe that's been addressed in the form of the opportunity for early reservation and cabin selection.

You mean the early reservation and cabin selection IF we pay $250 per person up front with NO information regarding what we're paying for?

I don't think that makes up for ANYTHING.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:04 pm 

Funk, i def agree with you, and i do feel somehwat bitter about it, and yeah, i will for a while. but no, it didnt have any effect on me while on the boat, i left all that shit at the port in Fort Lauderdale and didnt think about it till i got off the boat and somehow managed to consume an extra 100$ in drinks, i still havent figured that out, although, ive heard of people complaining that the wait staff was sometimes adding drinks on the tabs afterwards, which if that is true, than they are fuckin assholes. the boat was PERFECT for what we were doing, the only complaint i would have, is the main stage was a wee bit to small, and the showers, them things were so damn tiny, but thats not a big deal at all. other than that i had a blast, and might be looking into going again once i see the lineup.

Keelan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:53 am 

Anonymous wrote:
FunkMeister wrote:
Not too far back I posted some ideas for the staff to "make it up" to the people who paid full price and got screwed. They should get a discounted rate or some kind of future consideration. Maybe that's been addressed in the form of the opportunity for early reservation and cabin selection.

You mean the early reservation and cabin selection IF we pay $250 per person up front with NO information regarding what we're paying for?

I don't think that makes up for ANYTHING.

We bought our tickets early, and paid full price, too. I even worked a good part of the 2nd trip in the merch room, and still had a fabulous time. Even if we paid a little more than some other last minute cruisers, so what?

Without knowing the line-up, or what boat we will be on, I had NO PROBLEMS putting down our deposit. I'm sure this next year will be bigger and better all around.

If you're in a quandry over paying the deposit without knowing the details, then don't do it.

We had the time of our lives on I & II. We will be back for III. And IV. And V, etc, etc, etc.

Have faith, people. The promoters are working their collective arses off to make JCIII a better experience in every way. JOMO, Brown Coffee, Cloud 9, & The Legendary Rhythm & Blues Cruise team are also supa-nice folks, in case you didn't get a chance to meet any of them on the boat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:31 pm 

De-cloaking for just a moment more here....

If anyone has any problem with paying a FULLY REFUNDABLE deposit - especially if that person was on JC1 or JC2 - then that person is nutz. How often do you get to buy a refundable ticket to a fest (that WILL sell out) BEFORE the line up is announced? Never. Consider yourselves lucky!

You pay your deposit, they announce the lineup and details, you have 30 days to think about it. The MOST it could possibly cost you is the finance charge on your credit card for carrying that $250 for more than a month which is probably $2.00 to $5.00.

Seriously - what do you have to lose? Nothing. Why not just pay the deposit and see if the fest-at-sea is to your liking or not. You can always cancel. But, if you were on JC1 and/or 2, you KNOW it's going to be a great lineup and you KNOW it's going to be a great time. I said it before and I'll say it again - best party I've ever been to in my life - period!

I hope I'm not borrowing trouble here, BUT, what will piss me off is if any MAJOR lineup changes are made after the refund cutoff date. Adding a band is fine but if an artist cancels on me, and that artist is a reason I bought the ticket, then I better get a full refund - no matter what the date.

I just can't fathom a reason, aside from lacking a credit card with $250 open-to-buy, why anyone would not make the deposit. Of course, I'm hoping no one does so I can get the best cabin selection all for me me me!!! I really want a room with a veranda this time.

Back to lurking,
D

Cloaking device.......engaged!

Post subject: Deposit?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:43 am 

I totally agree that this was the best vacation/event/festival/party of my life. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I paid full price and had no qualms about turning in my reservation for Jamcruise III while I was still on the boat.

I do have a question for those of us who have reserved already: have you been charged for the deposit yet and if so when did it go through? I have been assured that I am on the reservation list, but my card has not been charged. :? In his post above FunkMeister said he has already paid, but what about the rest of us?